Which Asus Router

Phantoms

Limp Gawd
If you had to choose between the Asus RT-AX86U aX5700 and the RT-AX92U AX6100 which one would you choose and why? What advantages/disadvantages do each have over the other?

I'm currently using a D-Link DIR-655 that I've had for ages. It's starting to show it's age requiring restarts occasionally when streaming (wired Roku) and occasionally lag issues. House is a simple layout and I'm not worried about coverage, just quality and throughput. Have a couple rokus(one wired, one wireless) , couple xboxes (wireless), a main PC that I flight sim on (wired), a couple laptops(wireless), a couple tablets (wireless), a Onkyo receiver(wireless), BluRay (wireless) and a couple phones.

You’re like a month away from 6e devices. Hold off.

I have an Asus RT5300 and an Asus RT66u (AImeshed) and i'm fond of both. Using Merlin-WRT.
I have 30+ devices on wifi at a time and I honestly don't know if the tri-band wifi benefits me. Of course, the majority of those devices are smart devices that use very, very little bandwith. I don't get any dropped packets or anything and I routinely move hundreds of gigabytes of data over my network daily.
I do, even still, prefer wired for anything that will be handling 4k video. I'm sure it'll work fine over wifi, but I just don't have my house setup that way.

You'll probably be more than good with either. I might lean towards the 92u, but that's just because the numbers are theoretically higher.

I just bought a AX3000 for home and work. So far so good.

Now I need some devices that have Wireless AX support .,....

Back