Where to go for gaming news?

M76

[H]F Junkie
What's a good site if I want factual daily gaming related news reporting?

Preferably that is not the woke access media or the deep end at oneangrygamer.

I'm looking for written news, no youtube.

if and when i look for something gamingna and whatever link they have posted. sometimes gamerant

Reactions: M76
like this
I have my RSS point towards a few sites; IGN, Kotaku, PCGamer, Polygon, etc. I'm looking for mostly news and get a lot of the same headlines and don't really have a preference which headline I read it from.

As for opinion pieces, I generally avoid them. Some times Kotaku will have something funny (intentionally or not), but I generally don't care for opinion articles when it comes to gaming - engaging with different gaming opinions in a place like [H] is much more engaging.

Reviews - don't do anything for me anymore. I generally make sure a game is running stable and is a genre I usually enjoy then I'll play. I don't really know a written review that I'd trust anymore.

I have my RSS point towards a few sites; IGN, Kotaku, PCGamer, Polygon, etc. I'm looking for mostly news and get a lot of the same headlines and don't really have a preference which headline I read it from.
Guess that works, I just don't want to have to go to multiple sites, and don't really like news agregate services either. I'm looking for one definite source for headline news about new game announcements, delays, new trailers, previews that kind of thing.

As for opinion pieces, I generally avoid them. Some times Kotaku will have something funny (intentionally or not), but I generally don't care for opinion articles when it comes to gaming - engaging with different gaming opinions in a place like [H] is much more engaging.
I go for laughs to oneangrygamer. The other end of the spectrum is just cringe.
Reviews - don't do anything for me anymore. I generally make sure a game is running stable and is a genre I usually enjoy then I'll play. I don't really know a written review that I'd trust anymore.
You can trust me :) At least to the extent that I always present my true honest views and not trying to aim for what people wanna hear.

I can barely handle any of the classic-style gaming news sites anymore. They all make me want to puke. I don’t label myself left or right, more just logical I guess? But these over-left site are beyond ridiculous. Can’t read a game article without some asinine commentary interjected for no good reason.

Now, I pretty much look here first, Steam itself, and occasionally follow links when someone posts them.

Or I might hit the sites not intending to read their articles, but just to try and catch things that I might want to look into in more detail elsewhere.

Occasionally I’ll check out a YouTube video.

I normally visit VG247. I do not like their editorial content at all, but for quickly scrolling through headlines to find things relevant to my interest, they get the job done. The only exception to that is that immediately following really big AAA releases, they go into click bait mode for a few days with stupid "How to beat XXX quest", "How to get gold fast", "where to find..." and the like. Articles obviously meant to get them hits on google when people are searching for help surrounding new releases. It's not super difficult to ignore, but it is a little annoying.

I just subbed to PC gamer magazine its biased but reviews all the cutting edge games.

YouTube then sub to everyone on your feed button on your smartphone it will display all the newest games. My old LG Phoneix 3 phone I couldn't do this but with the Samsung S9 it works good it's a different Android OS.

I'm glad someone else asked this. All the sites I used to frequent seem to be either dead or lacking in actual news now. I have to admit that I'm shocked BluesNews is still around. I was thinking it disappeared for some reason.
I get most of my news from the folks here :p

Pcgamer and Eurogamer are both still tolerable in terms of sticking mostly to classic news/reviews/fun game related side articles.

I also enjoy gamerevolution's reviews.

Pcgamer the mag sucks wish I never subbed. They cater to RPG games for the most part. Then they review old games for page filler.

The best PC game review site is GiantBomb.com, a lot of the former staff who used to review games on GameSpot.com went there when GameSpot screwed them over back in the day.

Back