Where to buy Rosewill Internal PSU/SATA power cables?

Contact Rosewill directly. Alternatively, you can check with places that make custom PSU cables.

Thanks, threw Rosewill an email.

I found it weird that they include 5x peripheral modular slots but only 2x peripheral modular cables.

Got a weird response for them. Not sure why they would make a PSU with extra modular slots if they don't intend for the user to use them.

Thank you for contacting Rosewill. Unfortunately the 550W version of the Quark power supply does not support additional connections to the Sata and Molex connectors on the device. These extra connectors are for use with the higher wattage versions of the series like the Quark 1200W power supply which does include additional cables. Additional cables are also unavailable for purchase individually. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Got a weird response for them. Not sure why they would make a PSU with extra modular slots if they don't intend for the user to use them.
So they can use the same parts for different products to keep costs low

So they can use the same parts for different products to keep costs low

That would be true if the modular slots don't actually work (e.g. if it was some cut out).

However, from what I've tried, all the modular peripheral slots are electrically connected and work. It would seem a lot more expensive (IMO), to do it this way.

That would be true if the modular slots don't actually work (e.g. if it was some cut out).

However, from what I've tried, all the modular peripheral slots are electrically connected and work. It would seem a lot more expensive (IMO), to do it this way.

In the case of an assembly line, having one line that overbuilds for the lower models is often cheaper than having multiple lines.

Back