Where to buy new ryzen 5 2600e (45w tdp)

did you not catch the "announced" part? they aren't available yet and according to the bottom of the article they will be oem only at launch.

did you not catch the "announced" part? they aren't available yet and according to the bottom of the article they will be oem only at launch.

You misread the article. It said two of the four announced processors would be OEM only, but not the one I asked about.

The article also includes this sentence:
"AMD has said that these processors are 'immediately available"

I think you are misunderstanding the article. I cant copy paste the article so heres a pic
they are launching in oem systems. there is also zero mention of them being retail and they only ask specifically about the X chips.

upload_2018-9-23_0-11-20.png

The article introduced 4 processors, two x processors and two e processors.

If your view is correct, it's hard to explain why the last "update" sentence went to trouble to specify that only the two "x" processors were oem only.

If you were right, it seems like they would have said "all of these processors are OEM only" instead of only specifying that the two x processors were.

The article says they're immediately available "at least through the Acer systems." That means if you want one of chips announced now, then you'll have to buy a pre-built. If you want one of the E chips by itself, you'll have to wait until they make it to the retail outlets. When that'll be, no one knows.

As for the update, it only means if you want one of the X chips by itself then you're out of luck beause there are no plans to release those to the retail channel. It means nothing for the retail availability of E chips.

If your view is correct, it's hard to explain why the last "update" sentence went to trouble to specify that only the two "x" processors were oem only.

If you were right, it seems like they would have said "all of these processors are OEM only" instead of only specifying that the two x processors were.
I dont know why they only asked about the Xs maybe because that's what most would want? idk. see the last two posts for for more clarification cause I got nothing else that will get through to you.

All of your posts on this thread have been factually incorrect, and your last one was childish.

But the other two replies were spot on and why I read this forum for good advice. Thanks guys.

All of your posts on this thread have been factually incorrect, and your last one was childish.

But the other two replies were spot on and why I read this forum for good advice. Thanks guys.
riiiight seems to me they all said what I said from the get go. get over yourself.

Let it go. You're only digging yourself in deeper.

Rather than raging at the people responding to you perhaps you need to read it and comprehend exactly what that is telling you. It is saying the two parts will be available, but at present only through ACER - which is a PC maker. The "X" will be OEM which for your purposes if you are not a major computer manufacturer, you can't get them.

All of the processors are OEM only right now since you can't get them outside of a new computer purchase. The "X" items are OEM-only as well for now. That leaves the option open to move any/all them to the retail channel in the future. Perhaps the "E" chips will get there first, but chances are that they will all make it there at some point.

tl;dr version: If it ain't in a box, you can't legally get it unless you are getting it in a PC that you bought from someone like.... ACER.

Last edited:
The article introduced 4 processors.

In the last sentence, it could have said all of these processors are OEM only.

But that's not the information the author had, and not what he wrote.

He went to the trouble to single out only the two X processors as being OEM only.

My question was about an E processor, not one of the two X processors the article calls out as OEM only.

Now let's parse the sentence about these processors being immediatley available:

"Prices have yet to be disclosed, however AMD has said that these processors are 'immediately available', at least through the Acer system."

Notice the part that says "prices have yet to be disclosed?"

That means the author anticipates that they might. Which is contrary to the notion of them being OEM only -- there wouldn't be any price if they were.
The update clarifies that X processors will be OEM only, and therefore not have a price. But he didn't say the same thing for the E processor.

Now let's look at the second part of the sentence --

"AMD has said that these processors are 'immediately available', at least through the Acer system."

Does that mean that they will only ever be available to OEMs? That they will only ever be available through the Acer system?

It doesn't mean either of these. When the article says "at least", that's the opposite of saying "only ever".
It explicitly alludes to the possibility that there might be other means of available, now or later.

And we already know the author never thought they would be Acer only, otherwise he wouldn't have talked about a future price listing.

If you have another source for your information, that's great let's hear it.
But if your only source is this article, then if you insist these parts are OEM only for good then you have misreadi it.

TFA said:
Strangely enough, AMD's announcement today only had the two X processors,

The reason AMD only mentioned the X chips in their update at the bottom was because that's all they announced. The only information about the E chips the author has was obtained from the table they publish (and possibly Acer). So there's no telling if the E chips will be OEM-only or not because AMD has not publicly said anything about the chips.

I don't think it breaks any agreement. Much like the AM4 Bristol Ridge chips which were sold in late 2016 by CSL.

It is just that these are intended for OEMs, and AMD does not provide warranty/support etc. and thus distributors/e-tailers do not see any worthwhile business.

I don't think it breaks any agreement. Much like the AM4 Bristol Ridge chips which were sold in late 2016 by CSL.

It is just that these are intended for OEMs, and AMD does not provide warranty/support etc. and thus distributors/e-tailers do not see any worthwhile business.
maybe. been a while since I dealt with oem chips(system builder)

edit: yup "If the processor was purchased separately and was not sold in a sealed, retail-packaged box, the processor is consider to be OEM. Warranty service will be provided by the point of purchase and not AMD."
youre on you own if its not in a system.

The last OEM processors I have bought with were Intel Coppermine and AMD Mustang-era chips. Not a single one of these were available in a box. They came a frame clipped out of a cpu tray to protect the pins and stuffed a silver plastic bag. I have never seen an oem chip packaged like the one in that ebay listing (and the fact it is being sold on ebay should be a red flag on the dodgyness of the sale).. you just know the seller ain't giving you a warranty.

The last OEM processors I have bought with were Intel Coppermine and AMD Mustang-era chips. Not a single one of these were available in a box. They came a frame clipped out of a cpu tray to protect the pins and stuffed a silver plastic bag. I have never seen an oem chip packaged like the one in that ebay listing (and the fact it is being sold on ebay should be a red flag on the dodgyness of the sale).. you just know the seller ain't giving you a warranty.
that pic is just a generic ryzen 5 box. it have no identifiers on it, could just be a render. nope, consider it "as is".

Back