When I opened the forum just now it said some file downloaded.

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 89137

See screenshot
I checked download folder and don't see anything. I can't say for sure if this is a bug with chrome, the forum, or something with my phone.

Screenshot_20220811-065451.jpg

You mean forum home https://hardforum.com ?
I cannot reproduce this on:
  • MacOS via Chrome and Safari
  • iPhone 12 via Chrome and Safari
  • Android via Default browser
Looks like you have incomplete download before you open the forum/browser.
Does it happen all the time you visit the forum home?

You mean forum home https://hardforum.com ?
I cannot reproduce this on:
  • MacOS via Chrome and Safari
  • iPhone 12 via Chrome and Safari
  • Android via Default browser
Looks like you have incomplete download before you open the forum/browser.
Does it happen all the time you visit the forum home?
I cannot reproduce it. I've never visited any website like the one that is in that screenshot. I checked my phone's physical drive for files and there is nothing there. As I said it happened right when I opened that page.

Sounds like maybe an ad server specified the wrong file type and so the browser downloaded the page/script instead of displaying/injecting it. Note that it may not have been the foreground tab which had the ad.

In any case, if you open the downloads page in chrome it should show it (assuming you dont have it clear all that on browser exit). I think chrome://downloads is the URI if there's not a menu item for whatever reason.

I guess this is what guerilla marketing looks like, now. With the .to domain I had suspicions and they were correct.

So I went to the .to domain on a sandboxed VM, and it is very much an "Adult" community forum, so no telling what is going on with that site.

yeah that's what i saw on google. I'm guessing it was an advertisement of some sort, though IDK how or why it got downloaded.
Does this forum even run ads anymore? I don't see them on mobile and not using any adblocker so maybe it was just a different tab got reloaded when i opened chrome on android.

Sounds like maybe an ad server specified the wrong file type and so the browser downloaded the page/script instead of displaying/injecting it. Note that it may not have been the foreground tab which had the ad.

In any case, if you open the downloads page in chrome it should show it (assuming you dont have it clear all that on browser exit). I think chrome://downloads is the URI if there's not a menu item for whatever reason.
i went through that entire folder there is nothing resembling that f95zone thing. I recognize every file in my download folder.

i went through that entire folder there is nothing resembling that f95zone thing. I recognize every file in my download folder.
Not the folder, the downloads page/window in chrome. If there was a download, whether it finished or not, even if the file was moved or deleted, it'll be in there.

Not the folder, the downloads page/window in chrome. If there was a download, whether it finished or not, even if the file was moved or deleted, it'll be in there.
Nothing in there that isn't in the downloads folder.

Screenshot_20220811-195905.jpg

I think I figured out what is happening here though I can't figure out why it shows that particular website. I think it's the source of an image I downloaded though as it just happened again and this time I tapped open and this picture popped up, and this is an image I downloaded. So what must have happened is I downloaded an image I found on Google images and it was from that adult forum.
I don't understand why it keeps happening when I open this forum though. Seems like it's a bug in chrome.

Screenshot_20220811-215450.jpg

8zlVeWT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back