What's a popular Blu-ray Audio or DVD-Audio authoring software

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I got a friend who rip a blu-ray audio disc to me. It contains 14 songs, all WMV files, and a total of 2.6GB on those 14 songs.
I have a few questions:

1) what is a good and popular blu-ray audio or dvd-audio authoring software? I already try Nero 2017, but they don't make Blu-ray audio disc or DVD-audio disc

2) since those 14 songs is only 2.6GB, can I make a DVD-Audio disc instead? Or does it has to be blu-ray audio disc

Last edited:
I'd check the actual codac, WMV is for video so for just the audio track you might be dealing with CD-quality audio or worse, which could be burned onto a normal CD with no degradation

I did that. When I use Nero to burn those 14 songs in a 800MB Cd, i.e., jamming 2.6GB of WAV to 800MB disc, the sound that comes out doesn't sound right

update: got it to work, but the sound is static. So DVD authoring s/w doesn't work, as it sees the signal is PCM 2 chnl. But my source is 5 chnl. Blu-ray. So I need a Blu-ray authorizing software, for BD audio.

anyone knows

Likely something got converted incorrectly, is my guess. Static may be something trying to convert data stream into audio. Not sure how Nero works, but in the past I've DVD Architect Studio, and even freeware DVD Styler w/ ffmpeg, with success. There are a lot of options so it does take some time to learn it all. Just curious, it's 5-channel audio (not 5.1?), but how long duration-wise, what sample rate, bit depth? Just curious, because DVD audio may still be an option if it's a more standard type like 1 hour of 48 kHz, 24-bit, 5 channels (which is around 2.6GB)

it most likely is 5.1, it's originally rip from Pure Audio Blu-ray. I just want to burn a disc on either Blu-ray audio format or DVD-A. Can DVD Architect Studio, or freeware DVD Styler w/ ffmpeg able to create Pure Audio Blu-ray ? Don't know what sample rate or bit depth, how would I find out? would software like foo bar tells me? The first disc is 122 min., as to sample rate / bit depth, it should be whatever the standard pure audio blu-ray is.

If there is no way out, then I have use foo bar and convert ea. song to FLAC and burn them on CD

update:

I use Audacity to convert 20 files from these Blu ray audio WAV to FLAC, the FLAC file of say a few min. song ranges from 72MB (3:40 min.) to 150MB (7 min.) By comparison, on another unrelated music CD, its FLAC files are only 18MB to 29MB in size.

So what's all extra MB for? Now, I did do a test burn on 3 songs at 117MB, 60, and 60MB, and they do play fine on my stereo sys., but I couldn't help but wonder why all these extra MB in size

Maybe they are larger in file size because it's 6 channels hi-res audio, whereas the other "unreleated music CD" is 2 channels standard CD quality. Just as a test I made a 6 channel file test, using a noise generator, 3:40 in length, 48kHz/24bit, converted to flac, and it's about 170 MB.

That same file converted to 2 channel 44.1kHz/16-bit (standard CD quality) turns out to be 33MB. If you go to burn an "audio CD" it may be converting to this format just before burning and you might not realize it.

I don't use audacity, but it probably can show you the details of the file itself.
In Foobar, just open the file right click and choose "Properties" then "Details":

foobar.png

Keep going at it though, looks like you are close to understanding all this stuff

I didn't know that. I didn't realize foobar is so powerful. However, I just did a Details on 1 of these WAV file. It's 181MB WAV, it says sample rate 96K Hz, Chnl. 2, bit per sampel 24, codec PCM, encoding lossless, bitrate 4608 kbps.

1 other thing, at Audacity, the default is:

under Quality, it says:
Sampling
Default sample 44.1KHz, Default Sample Format: 32 bit float,
Under Real Time Conversion:
Sample Rate Converter: Medium
Dither : None,
Under High Quality Conversion
Sample Rate Converter: Best Quality
Dither : Shaped

When I open a WAV file and convert to FLAC, is that "Real Time Conversion" or is it "High Quality Conversion"?

And what should I set Dither to be?

As doing a search, it says I should only use Dither when I convert from 16 bit to 24 bits. So at the High Quality Conversion, the default is "Shaped", shouldn't I change it to None?

Back