What steps can I take to ensure that I will buy a 3060?

I don't get it. If you couldn't even search for it, how did anyone even find this in the first place?

Following the 3060 Ti on nowinstock.net and auto-refreshing the Best Buy page every 10 seconds... let's see if today's a lucky tuesday. At least this requires 0 effort from me, since I'm working on the PC anyway. Yay for dual monitors!

1613487380401.png

Mind sharing if you have any luck?
Oh don't worry, if I manage to snag a card I will spread the good word immediately! Doesn't seem like BB restocked today, sadly. No matter, whenever I'm stuck working at home (not that often anymore, now that I'm back to teaching in person) I keep my setup checking constantly while I work. Anything to increase the chance of getting something! I've noticed the 3070 tracker also showed some stock today, but I just don't want to spend $500 on a GPU. $400 is my ceiling, once the 3060 releases in 9 days, it'll be whichever I happen to get first, the 3060 or the Ti.

BB isn't dropping today, guys. If we have any past drop to go by, the time has come and past, plus there was one just last week and they don't normally happen back to back. Still maybe be prepared this Friday but next Tuesday and Friday we might get lucky.

BB isn't dropping today, guys. If we have any past drop to go by, the time has come and past, plus there was one just last week and they don't normally happen back to back. Still maybe be prepared this Friday but next Tuesday and Friday we might get lucky.
And on the days you can work from home, keep the system checking every morning! I guess I'm lucky that when I'm not teaching, my job entails doing tons of research, so I'm happily reading and writing for hours on my computer at home while trackers are ready to go in the 2nd monitor :)

Only prayers to the card gods or a bot working on AWS can ensure a card, rest are efforts in futility. Discord notifications are useless since last week since a bunch of cloud-resident bots went live, you don't stand a chance against those...

Wait till 2022 I'm serious. That is how you get a card. At that point love lace should come. Unless we get delayed because everyone will still want ampere

Wait till 2022 I'm serious. That is how you get a card. At that point love lace should come. Unless we get delayed because everyone will still want ampere
Is love lace the next generation of Nvidia GPUs?

At the rate things are going, I will be forced to wait until 2022. Only 320 (online) shopping days away.

Correct. From what I have read online it should be 18,000 vs 10,500 the 3090 has. Hopper the gpu chiplet is delayed. But amd might be pushing forward. No one knows except the spy's both company's have I have a micro center I can camp in 2 months and i will.

Last edited:
Very neat.
Drivers will get hacked quickly, but the gimped memory on the 3060 will have its effects.

These hashrates are garbage for the wattage requirement and loss of resale value: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/cmp/
They better be cheap if they are gonna detract miners.
Makes me sad for the re-sale value of the card, especially if the mining boom continues or a new one starts in a couple years.

For 3060, it seems that Nvidia will "block" the mining.
I guess they will block the overcloaking and make their settings not customable. If power consumption is to high for MH rate, that's the point.

They seem to be pretty bad at specification for a mining card, so we can hope they fail their move :)

At the rate of price increases I should double the money I paid for my 3090 in 2 years lol.
But... It'll cost 4x that to get a new card!
Welcome to the £10K PC club.

;) (<- sattire, just in case :D)

3060 Ti n stock at the Office Depot right now:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/3973362/PNY-GeForce-RTX-3060-Ti-8GB/?cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-CJ-_-1699394-_-11272891&utm_medium=affiliate&cjevent=d388dd3d745811eb821c02f80a240614&siteid=CJ_11272891_1886881_nismain&utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=Office Depot Redirect Link_Troposphere LLC

I'm not jumping on it because I've had bad experiences with Office Depot's online system before, otherwise I'd go for it. If you're feeling adventurous though...
Too late for me. Out of stock, but PNY would not be on my list anyway. Price was good, in this tariff world.

PNY would not be on my list anyway. Price was good, in this tariff world.
My thoughts exactly, plus prior bad experience with OD. Could've bought it (tracker kept beeping in stock for a good 5min), but I was happy to pass.

Best Buy reserves your card for (I think) 10 minutes once you hit the Checkout page. You'll need all 10 of those minutes to do their account/payment verifications depending on what they throw at you.
Aside from a page refresher you can point Distill at the "Sold Out" button to search the text "Add to Cart" and you'll get a ding as soon as it changes.

Once you actually hit the button you will have to wait in a queue/lottery system. I'm not sure being fast even matters at all.

Distill rocks!

I intend to join EVGA's waitlist. I want a stronger card for VR.

What else can I do to battle the bots? Will my local Best Buy get any?
Follow the chat from Now In Stock. Setup Apple Pay. Watch for New Egg combo drops. Use Apple Pay to get the second it drops. That’s how I got my 3070.

And you really should get on the various discords that have bots that do stock alerts. You're competing with everyone else on there too, but if you are quick with some of them, you can snag something.

Guys, I'm only doing pre-step. And I need your help :)
I build a computer, but it comes out very expensive. And the question arose, save up and buy 3080 or buy 3060 now. What do you recommend?
I mean, we're very much in, "take what you can get, (and can afford)" territory, at the moment.

But, that's very much a judgement call, sitting at the nexus of what your budget is, what resolution you're trying to push, what performance you can tolerate, etcetera...

I love watching but at the same time, am quite 'amazed' at how desperation can push folks to accept mediocracy.
Do you realize the amount of money quoted in that Office Depot link for this gimped POS, is $50 below the fake but suggested MSRP for the current RTX3070FE card?
People are so desperate for any card, that in some cases they have abandoned the fact that a new generation should be faster than what they had prior.
They're people who sold a 1080Ti or a 5700XT only to struggle purchasing an RTX3060 at almost $500.
It is insane.

I love watching but at the same time, am quite 'amazed' at how desperation can push folks to accept mediocracy.
Do you realize the amount of money quoted in that Office Depot link for this gimped POS, is $50 below the fake but suggested MSRP for the current RTX3070FE card?
People are so desperate for any card, that in some cases they have abandoned the fact that a new generation should be faster than what they had prior.
They're people who sold a 1080Ti or a 5700XT only to struggle purchasing an RTX3060 at almost $500.
It is insane.

I know exactly what your talking about!

Back