What new OLED gaming monitors in 2023?

Well I'm typing this on a monitor I bought from them, but I do agree they have big issues in meeting deadlines.

(though the refund thread in their forums suggests maybe I got lucky, which is a shame since it's a really good monitor)

i'd like to buy that monitor, glossy instead of awful matte and nice minimalist style, but then if i had to wait 1 year or so, others will offer improved monitors during this timeframe.

Thought about getting a LG C1 48 but wanted a computer monitor more so. So got the Dell Alienware AW3423DW for $800 instead. Yes it is smaller but I don't need anything bigger unless 4k is better with a bigger screen hmm.

Thought about getting a LG C1 48 but wanted a computer monitor more so. So got the Dell Alienware AW3423DW for $800 instead. Yes it is smaller but I don't need anything bigger unless 4k is better with a bigger screen hmm.

That’s a damn good price. I’m holding out for BFI. I think about pulling the trigger on a screen now just to get one that’s actually available but then I play a fast paced game with my monitors BFI enabled and I’m like - nope. Not yet.

Any 32 inch OLEDs of any stripe?
Not that I’ve seen. It’s mostly the 27 inch LG-based monitors, Samsung 34-inch, and some other larger sizes but nothing in 32 inch that I’ve seen. :(

Edit - my bad. I forgot there are some pro models but unless you have to have a 32 inch size I’d pass for now.

Not that I’ve seen. It’s mostly the 27 inch LG-based monitors, Samsung 34-inch, and some other larger sizes but nothing in 32 inch that I’ve seen. :(

Edit - my bad. I forgot there are some pro models but unless you have to have a 32 inch size I’d pass for now.
And they're all QHD or WQHD. I have yet to see a UHD one.

There are 32” 4k 240 and other new form factors in the works for next year from both LG and Samsung. I don’t think we will see one this year.

There are 32” 4k 240 and other new form factors in the works for next year from both LG and Samsung. I don’t think we will see one this year.

LG yes. Samsung no release dates were given so it could easily be 2025 or later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230727_082354_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727_082354_Chrome.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 1
Really? 32" 4K 240Hz OLED from LG in 2024? That would be neat, although I'm not a fan of the text rendering on LG OLEDs. Who reported that this is coming?

https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/monitor-oled-panel-roadmap-updates-march-2023

Keep in mind though, these are nothing more than panel roadmaps and absolutely nothing is set in stone. There have been plenty of times in the past that panels that were listed on roadmaps simply never made it into production at all. So anyone who's holding out on buying a display now because they believe these panels will 100% launch according to these roadmaps shouldn't be holding their breath.

https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/monitor-oled-panel-roadmap-updates-march-2023

Keep in mind though, these are nothing more than panel roadmaps and absolutely nothing is set in stone. There have been plenty of times in the past that panels that were listed on roadmaps simply never made it into production at all. So anyone who's holding out on buying a display now because they believe these panels will 100% launch according to these roadmaps shouldn't be holding their breath.
Word on the street is that monitors with BFI screens are coming “soon”. So that’s what I’m waiting for at least.

I keep wondering if it is worth keeping my Dell/Alienware 34 inch Curved QD-OLED Gaming Monitor - AW3423DWF?

That or upgrade to a lot higher resolution monitor sense I have a RTX 4090. Hmmm

Know Dell/Alienware does not sell a higher screen size sadly :(

I keep wondering if it is worth keeping my Dell/Alienware 34 inch Curved QD-OLED Gaming Monitor - AW3423DWF?

That or upgrade to a lot higher resolution monitor sense I have a RTX 4090. Hmmm

I’d keep it and enjoy it for what it is until the next big thing comes along. I prioritize motion clarity over image quality so I’m sticking the the XG2431.

I’d wait for a new gen of monitors with more advanced QD OLED, more brightness, and higher resolution than 1440p. I can’t imagine anything on the market now is worth upgrading to from that monitor. Better perhaps, but probably not worth it.

Anything higher res would have to be either super ultrawide QD-OLED, 42" LG OLED TV or mini-LED LCDs. Each with different drawbacks. I'd just enjoy what you have.

Back