What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

1994 IBM Model M keyboard dad got off the discard pile at work sometime in the late 1990s or early 2000s and some sort of Logitech corded gaming mouse I've probably had for 8 or 10 years. I have a model M from the 80s too, but it started having trouble with one of the keys a few years ago so I switched to my backup.

Using the standard, lowest price Logitech mouse. Looking at reviews for a good budget gaming mouse.

Just got the Razer Deathadder V2 Pro (Wireless).
My favorite mouse (Deathadder Elite) just got way better, love it!
To go with it is the Blackwidow TE V2. Razer Cult

Home: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Silent with Razer Basilisk Ultimate
Work: HyperX Alloy Core RGB with Logitech Performance MX

Just upgraded my keyboard. Got it literally today, and I feel like I'm still getting used to it. But anyway, that said:
Keychron K1v4 Full Sized w/ Gateron Low Profile Browns - Logitech MX Master 2S

My current board:

Custom Built TOFU65% Mechanical Keyboard.

Case: KBDFANS TOFU65
PCB: Soldered KBD67 rev2 + Aluminum Plate + Neoprene Damper
Stabilizers: Lubed Durock Stabilizers
Switches: Drop Holy Pandas lubed with TriboSys3203
Keycaps: KBDFANS EPBT x GOK x BOW Key Cap Set

Just got this board up and running, the typing sound is better than anything I've ever gotten off the shelf from a major manufacturer. Moved to this from a Ducky Mecha Mini (60%). So far I love using a 65% layout since it retains the arrow keys and a similar footprint to a 60%.
Now that I've jumped in the abyss of custom mechanical keyboards, I'll probably go off the deep end and make another board with linear switches and a more robust case next. Most likely a 65% but maybe will mix it up with a 75% or TKL...

One of the first K70 w/browns before the keycap font changed and with the blue LEDs that were notorious for burning out. I have about 10 burnt out since 3 or 4 years but keyboard works fine so meh. I have blue LEDs I bought to fix it but it's a lot of soldering work.

Mouse is MM711, really like it for quake but waiting for the ninox Astrum (rip?).

CloudNine K989m with cherry mx brown.
if you need an ergo keyboard that has mechanical keys and macro keys- you might want to check this one out.

Bought a Logitech G815 last night,
IMG_0149.JPEG

qiwnUyQ.jpg

Made a considerable upgrade and moved on to a Smith + Rune Iron 165 Standard Edition in the Graphite colorway

Bamboo Leaf Spring Tactile Switches
GMK URSA keyset

Using a Microsoft Intellimouse Pro White Shadow as well.
After impulse spending so much on a keyset for this board on the secondhand market, I am so relieved that the pairing is working for me. Might take out an accent key or two and try it that way as well.

Keyboard is a Corsair k95 with the macro keys. For my mouse I have a steel series rival 650. Keyboard is awesome but I want to try the wireless mechanical keyboard from Logitech. The best mouse I've had was a the Logitech g700s. Don't know why that's been discontinued. Had the perfect amount of side buttons and it was just the right size for any hand

Corded 104 key Filco with browns, new MX518.

Hot take: the Mx518 is selling for $20 from Logitech and BestBuy. Load up boys, that is a steal.

Razer Viper Mini
G602 died today, Model O- has a dead cord.

I'm liking small light mice, turn my ingame sensitivity down, less strain playing.
Doesn't have to be the lightest or best buttons or coolest sensor.

They all die eventually, so whatever is cheap the day I need it get my nod.

New keyb: a Drop Carina with Kailh speed copper switches and some cheap puddings caps from Amazon. I went with the coppers because I've used them before and like them. They are tactile switches; you get dirty of a bump about 1/4 of the way through the travel and that's where they activate, so you don't have to press the key all the way down. The keyboard is a lot, just screw it together and snap on your own switches and caps, and the layout is completely customizable.

Edit: Custom enter key.
Mystic-Dragon-V2-ava-6.jpg

Attachments

• 20201226_210541.jpg
    20201226_210541.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Logitech G502 Proteus Core and something I wanted to try out in a small/compact size- a Gamdias Hermes M3 RGB.

Also, keeping an eye open for an MX518 sale.

Picked up a Logitech G Pro Wireless about 8 months ago and I love it. It gets really great battery life if you have the RGB turned off.

Bought a Logitech G815 last night,
View attachment 305235

What does it feel like to type on ? I currently have silent mx reds on a regular 60% board. It's great for gaming almost feels analogue but travel distance is too long for extended typing, couple that with no feedback 'hump' or click and a fast spring rate it's pretty hard to type without mistakes. What is the travel distance like on that and how noisy is it ?

Last edited:
What does it feel like to type on ? I currently have silent mx reds on a regular 60% board. It's great for gaming almost feels analogue but travel distance is too long for extended typing, couple that with no feedback 'hump' or click and a fast spring rate it's pretty hard to type without mistakes. What is the travel distance like on that and how noisy is it ?
It feels incredible to type on. I got the clicky one since I wanted to have that classic clicky sound.

After 8 years with my Corsair K90 I'm finally getting a new keyboard, should be here in a week or two.

Talked myself down from the $200+ Corsair K100 and Everest Mountain MAX, so we'll see if I'm happy with it when it gets here.

Deathadder Mini bought x2 of them at work today only 24.99 each Black Friday clearance because nobody bought them at 45.99 they come with grip tape for the top and sides. Corsair K70 low profile keyboard for the past two years.

New keyboard finally arrived!
1610402872131.png

After a lot of debate and going pretty deep down the mechanical keyboard hole, then digging myself out of the mechanical keyboard hole and going with a "cheaper" option - I decided to get the HyperX Alloy Elite 2.
I really liked the look of the Pudding keys and the fact that its built like a brick. I needed a full size keyboard with media keys and this was $100 cheaper than the corsair k95, k100 and a full $200 cheaper from that amazing looking Everest Mountain Max.
The main thing that helped convince me away from corsair is that I really didn't want to have iCue running full time and I was looking for an RGB keyboard that could run without software being active fulltime. With HyperX Ngunity (what a terrible name) you can save your profile to the keyboard and it'll stay onboard - perfect.
(I do the same thing with my mouse after the clusterfuck that Logitech Hub has been for me.)

I also painstakingly removed every key, put on an O-Ring, and replaced every key just because I figured if I was gonna go all out, I should just go *all* out, i don't really reccomend doing that. It was a pain in the ass. It is reversable though if I want to spend another hour doing it again.

I've only had it for a few minutes but initial impressions are really nice. The HyperX Red Linear switches feel great, not that different from the Cherry Reds that i've been typing on the past 8 years. The keys feel way better than the ones on my k90, but that's probably because they aren't worn down from 8 years of use. The RGB is hilarious and there are so many effects that i'm just gonna enjoy playing with it for a while. Either way, quite happy with my choice thus far - but i'll see how i feel after actually gaming with it or giving it a couple of weeks to years of use. If I end up not liking it i'll just pass it on to my lady and go for something else. ;)

I also have a new deskmat on the way but it's over a month out, decided to grab one of the AGDQ ones to help the Save the Cancer foundation and also get a little something for myself in the meantime. My corsair giant pad still works fantastic though.

I also painstakingly removed every key, put on an O-Ring, and replaced every key just because I figured if I was gonna go all out, I should just go *all* out

Going all out means taking apart your switches to lubricate them. :p We won't mention lubing & clipping stabs & the band-aid trick.

Going all out means taking apart your switches to lubricate them. :p We won't mention lubing & clipping stabs & the band-aid trick.
Given how smooth these things already are, i can't imagine what lubing would do. Still, that sounds extremely time consuming.

I read all about switch types and most of the stuff from r/mechanicalkeyboards and decided that I just didn't care enough to do all that.

Still, that sounds extremely time consuming.
Oh, from what I've heard, it is. But apparently it'll improve most switches. I couldn't be bothered doing all that stuff either, I just went with some relatively-highly-recommended tactiles that help me hit the keys lightlier. (More lightly?)

Due to my Corsair M65 PRO mouse's buttons finally getting wonky enough that I threw it in the garbage, I've rediscovered my love for ye olde Logitech MX518. I pulled it out of storage to act as a stopgap until I get a new mouse. I'd used it for about 12 years before initially retiring it, and the thing still performs like new and feels great in the hand. I wouldn't replace it again if I didn't need more functionality.

Still rocking my Filco Majestouch tenkeyless with cherry MX brown switches after having it for like 9 years. If and when it gets replaced, I'll probably just get another one like it haha. My mouse is the Logitech G600 MMO mouse, and I got it to use with WoW but not long after purchasing, I stopped playing WoW. .-. If I were playing FPS I'd probably have changed it already, but I don't really play them much these days.

Due to my Corsair M65 PRO mouse's buttons finally getting wonky enough that I threw it in the garbage, I've rediscovered my love for ye olde Logitech MX518. I pulled it out of storage to act as a stopgap until I get a new mouse. I'd used it for about 12 years before initially retiring it, and the thing still performs like new and feels great in the hand. I wouldn't replace it again if I didn't need more functionality.
MOAR FUNCTIONALITY? Bloody's got you covered!

Attachments

• 20200828150401_10538[1].jpg
    20200828150401_10538[1].jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
CM Storm Quickfire TK (ten key) so I can have a short keyboard with a keypad. MX Green switches are beyond clacky and I quite like them.

MX Vertical to make life easier on my wrist for work and non-FPS/not-too-precise mouse movement games. Zowie EC1-A as the high quality mouse to play a shooter.

CM Storm Quickfire TK (ten key) so I can have a short keyboard with a keypad. MX Green switches are beyond clacky and I quite like them.
Ha, I have the exact same keyboard. It's not my primary anymore, but I liked it enough that I kept it around vs. selling it after I moved on to something else. Clears, I think.

I picked up a K4 TKL Xtrfy keyboard the other day with the kailh reds and they're not bad, board feels solid which is nice and a hell of a lot better than the shitty razer ones. I prefer browns but these are much better to type on than my old cherry board with blacks I hated those. RGB is the basic on-board type but is okay if you are into that I guess but don't expect amazing stuff.

Not my setup, but for her birthday I upgraded my Wife's setup.

She really liked my HyperX Alloy Elite (see a few posts above) and she does more typing than gaming, but I wanted to treat her well.

Glorious GMMK and Model O, with more HyperX pudding caps.

The monitor riser is also new, as well as the boxes below it. Her desk was an absolute mess before.

My goal was to match the color theme of that little octopus plush that's been her desk companion for a few years now. I think I succeeded.

She's still using dual unbranded 1920x1080 60hz monitors from forever ago, but she's also using a 1070 so it's not bad.

Attachments

• PXL_20210130_204237854.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210130_204237854.MP.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210130_204241886.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210130_204241886.MP.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210130_205004545.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210130_205004545.MP.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 0
Not my setup, but for her birthday I upgraded my Wife's setup.

She really liked my HyperX Alloy Elite (see a few posts above) and she does more typing than gaming, but I wanted to treat her well.

Glorious GMMK and Model O, with more HyperX pudding caps.

The monitor riser is also new, as well as the boxes below it. Her desk was an absolute mess before.

My goal was to match the color theme of that little octopus plush that's been her desk companion for a few years now. I think I succeeded.

She's still using dual unbranded 1920x1080 60hz monitors from forever ago, but she's also using a 1070 so it's not bad.
Nice. What's your wallpapers?

Nice. What's your wallpapers?
She has a ton of backgrounds from Studio Ghibli films on shuffle. I think the two that happened to show up during this screenshot were from Kiki's delivery service on the left and Porco Rosso on the right.

Main system:

- keyboard = Acer sk-9061 (wireless)
- mouse = Microsoft notebook 5000 (bluetooth)

Switch up to a Logitech 5 button for gaming (wired)

WinXP system:

- keyboard = Dell kuh0015 (wired)
- mouse = Logitech m-bd58 (wired)

Win98/Glide gaming system:

- keyboard = IBM model-M
- mouse = Razer Boomslang 2000 (ball)

View attachment 56417
OMG a M 101. That was the first keyboard i ever used on a IBM PS2 80286 back in mid 1980s.

IBM_PS2.jpg

The company then replaced those with Compac 386 and the NEW membrane boards. I still remember my reaction: "What - the - FUCK - is - this?" I went to the storage area, and collected two of the 101 Ms and stuck them in my desk, one to use with the Compac, and one as a back up. I wish I had collected all of them, probably around 50 with only about a years use and just kept them. But then again, who knew?

Razer Black Widow and Mamba Wireless. Never had a mechanical keyboard before, so it was a nice upgrade. Plus RGB stuff is always fun to screw around with. Not exactly highest tier shit, but considering I think I spent like $110 total between the two I cant complain.

TtEsports by Thermaltake for the KB. Was a massdrop special one off I think. Has served me well although the LEDs are bright blue only with no dimming options. Hurts the eyes in a dark room and I'd prefer options.

G502 hero LE mouse and as you may see in other threads im looking for a new mouse as I browse this thread as I am very unhappy with Ghub and just the overall reliability and customer service with Logitech.

Back