What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

I'm actually using a Microsoft brand keyboard and mouse combo for a couple years now, Desktop 900. It's nice because it only needs one USB dongle. Use it on both my desktop and laptop, don't have to get used to two different ones. Though my desktop BIOS doesn't seem to like it much, rate is really low on the mouse.

I am using a Logitech G910 Spectrum and a Logitech G604.
IMG_6982.JPEG

Man that's a serious control center, looks like something out of a movie set. For me it's just a desk and a monitor, super basic.

OLKB Planck I just got a week ago, and Kailh Copper switches (low activation force, mildly clicky, have a bump that makes it easy to not bottom out the key.) Based on a comment on Reddit, I customized the layout slightly--the number keys are accessed by holding down the purple up arrow key ("raise") and typing (so a 9 is raise+l). Takes a bit of getting used to--I just did it like half an hour ago--but it already feels more natural than having the numbers on the top row. The non-staggered columns take a lot of getting used to, and I find myself hitting keys adjacent to the one I actually want, usually on the bottom row. The small space bar takes some getting used to, but isn't too bad.

Above it's a regular Corsair 70 Mk 2.

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_175705.jpg
    IMG_20200608_175705.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 0
Love the projected image on the ceiling! What made you choose to use what looks like a cubicle setup?
Was looking for a cheap desk on craigslist and came across this cubicle setup with drawers for $50 so I got it.
this was the pic from the ad.
00T0T_bEMaqSyt4pF_600x450.jpg

Just got an Anne Pro 2, as i wanted a wireless keyboard. My main keyboard is a Logitech K120 because it was free and works just fine.
Mice I have a Logitech G502 and a Razer Mamba Wireless. I am disappointed in the Mamba Wireless, primarily because i thought it was supposed to be the closest to the Deathadder, just wireless. I liked the Deathadder's thumb buttons, as they "feel" wider and lower down, and more natural to use (for both buttons) when considering where my thumb would normally rest. I hate having to move my thumb up to hit the thumb buttons, and a lot of times the right thumb button is tough to hit for me since my thumb is sitting further further forward.

Yes I'm from Germany that small detail on my keyboard would bother me :ROFLMAO:

Switched off the Model O - back to my Logitech G602 and it's not good.
G602 is big, slow, heavy.
It feels sticky on a cloth pad, flicks are awful.

I still like the Anne Pro 2 for everything.

It feels sticky on a cloth pad, flicks are awful.

Need new pads maybe?

I got a Model O (I assume you mean the Glorious?) a month or so ago. I've been using it in conjunction with my Corsair Scimitar. I like the side keypad a lot, but the mouse feels like a rat or teacup chihuahua, because it's so much wider & heavier.

Also my O developed wheel squeak a week or two back, so now I have to take it apart and grease it.

My O- is fine, the g602 is fine.
I’ve been using the O- since launch and just got used to the light weight.
I did think the light mouse thing was a scam when I first switched but now I’m a believer.

I just picked up the steelseries apex pro. The per key adjustable sensitivity is a thing of beauty. The switches feel like mx speeds. Really liking this keyboard coming from the k70 rapidfire. So many less typos now.
I just ordered the Apex Pro tenkeyless after reading your comments. I love Silver Speed switches and the Omnpoints look like they might be better. Only problem is the tenkeyless is backordered until the first week of July. I'll post a pic when mine arrives.

Reactions: nyt
like this
Dell Y-U0003-DEL5 + Bloody Sniper ZL50 + ZeleSouris T9
They worked well for casual gaming and browsing :)

Any of you guys that went back to a wired mouse using a bungee?

Cord drag was 1 of the first things that irked me.

Was like stepping on a Lego in the middle of the night, banging a knee on furniture, etc.

Right now I have cord piled up with a wrench on it so it stays but it's not ideal bc I can feel changes in cord tension.

Any of you guys that went back to a wired mouse using a bungee?
I refuse to go wireless; with the superlight cords on newer mice, it's just a matter of having enough slack secured. A bungee would work on top of a desk, but I'm using a keyboard tray, so it'll probably be some other suspension method when I get around to it.

I found the sleeving on my Glorious O doesn't drag like a regular cord does. It's nigh unnoticeable on my desk, and I have a couple of feet of cable draped on the desktop.

Razer released a mini version of its superb Viper mouse. I just got one for my laptop, but I might like it better than the Viper wireless I've been using with my desktop. (y)

IMG_20200624_165121.jpg

Trying a new keyboard: Steelseries Apex Pro tenkeyless. I was curious about the Omnipoint switches. Gotta admit, I dig them. You can adjust the actuation for each key for a truly customized typing experience. The RGB LEDs are nice and bright. Of course, the first thing I did was switch to all white. Only negative I've found is the key cap set. They're smooth and slippery ABS. If I keep this board, I'll switch out the caps for a PBT doubeshot backlit set.

View attachment 255174
That looks decent, how's the key chatter and impact noise?

That's what's annoyed me the most with 'gaming brand' mechanical keyboards. My Durgod has none of either, even with doubleshot PBT swaps of every key.

That looks decent, how's the key chatter and impact noise?

That's what's annoyed me the most with 'gaming brand' mechanical keyboards. My Durgod has none of either, even with doubleshot PBT swaps of every key.
Very quiet linear movement, but I'm definitely replacing the caps. I ordered a set of dark grey/light grey PBT doubleshot backlit caps like those on my Durgod. I like the floating keys layout because it's so easy to clean compared to embedded keys. I set the actuation at 0.4 for gaming and the response is damn near instantaneous. I liked my Durgod,. but this Apex is a big step up, IMO.

Looking for a full mechanical keyboard that’s quiet and has dedicated volume and media controls that doesn’t break the bank. Any recommendations? $100ish mark is where i’m interested in.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Due to a deal I couldn't pass up here in the FS/T forums, I recently picked up a Varmilo VA87M and a Razer Viper Mini.

The Varmilo has Cherry MX Silent Reds, and it's my first time trying those. Wow, they ARE quiet! These are perfect for people who like the feel of mechanical keyboards but aren't a fan of the noise generated by most of them. These have no click or clack, even when the keys bottom out, and are VERY smooth (I was told by the seller that switches on Varmilo boards are lubed from the factory).

The Viper Mini is an awesome mouse if you like smaller/lighter mice as I do. Tracking is flawless, but I think I prefer the button clicks of my Model O- by a hair. Both are great and very little separates the two overall, although if you opt not to install the bullcrap Synapse software as I did, you lose the LED and the ability to switch DPI using the button below the scroll wheel, apparently. Thankfully, the default setting feels just about perfect to me. I am not a fan of Razer's dependence upon Synapse, but I really like this mouse otherwise.

Shown below with my less-than-a-week-old LG 48CX OLED, which I can't recommend enough. Fan-f*cking-tastic monitor. Perfect blacks + 120Hz/G-Sync/VRR/BFI is unreal.

IMG_4790.JPG

Peasants! You don't even have built-in speakers!

il_1140xN.1934906658_4805.jpg

Seriously though, I'm surprised that I haven't changed my keyboard/mouse hardware setup going on over 7 years now... I guess if it works, you simply just stick with it. I've been sporting a customized Max Keyboards Nighthawk X7 with cherry blue switches along with a Logitech G5 mouse - the kind that you add adjustable weights to. This setup has been rock solid for me with zero issues. I did pick up a new MX518 late last year to use as a backup if needed... but it's still in the box.

Last edited:
Due to a deal I couldn't pass up here in the FS/T forums, I recently picked up a Varmilo VA87M and a Razer Viper Mini.

The Varmilo has Cherry MX Silent Reds, and it's my first time trying those. Wow, they ARE quiet! These are perfect for people who like the feel of mechanical keyboards but aren't a fan of the noise generated by most of them. These have no click or clack, even when the keys bottom out, and are VERY smooth (I was told by the seller that switches on Varmilo boards are lubed from the factory).

The Viper Mini is an awesome mouse if you like smaller/lighter mice as I do. Tracking is flawless, but I think I prefer the button clicks of my Model O- by a hair. Both are great and very little separates the two overall, although if you opt not to install the bullcrap Synapse software as I did, you lose the LED and the ability to switch DPI using the button below the scroll wheel, apparently. Thankfully, the default setting feels just about perfect to me. I am not a fan of Razer's dependence upon Synapse, but I really like this mouse otherwise.

Shown below with my less-than-a-week-old LG 48CX OLED, which I can't recommend enough. Fan-f*cking-tastic monitor. Perfect blacks + 120Hz/G-Sync/VRR/BFI is unreal.

View attachment 258816
Damn, son!! That LG looks mighty good and mighty tempting. Varmilo makes good keyboards. Nice addition to your collection.

Nice speakers, too! ;)

Peasants! You don't even have built-in speakers!

View attachment 258861

I'm surprised that I haven't changed my keyboard/mouse hardware setup in over 7 years now... I guess if it works, you simply just stick with it. I've been sporting a customized Max Keyboards Nighthawk X7 with cherry blue switches along with a Logitech G5 mouse - the kind that you add adjustable weights to. This setup has been rock solid for me with zero issues. I did pick up a new MX518 late last year to use as a backup if needed... but it's still in the box.
I love steampunk stuff! Well done!!

I have a Roccat Suora FX (blue switches) and a Logitech G400s. Logitech has served me well for a very long time.

New setup for at work. My co-workers and I all built mechanical keyboards this week, lol.

YC96 RGB Board
Gateron Brown Switches
PBT Dye-sub Pepsi Keycaps

Mad Catz Rat 3 Mouse

X-ray Pad Thunder 9 Mousepad

CHfKxJN.jpg

cPLfcGX.jpg

iVv2CQi.jpg

New keyboard for my test bench area. Siig MiniTouch (PS/2 white Alps clone version).

zKQLAlK.jpg

Back