What is your standard Windows 10 "de-junking" routine after an in(re)install?

Any recommendations regarding the various FREE alternatives to Start10 beside the ones mentioned above?
The dev abandoned it, but Classicshell still technically works in Windows 10 without issues. Although you will want to do a custom install for Classicshell by itself - do not install the classic explorer, classic IE, and updater components (certificate is revoked and will generate errors when it tries to run).

Or that instead
VV

Last edited:
The dev abandoned it, but Classicshell still technically works in Windows 10 without issues. Although you will want to do a custom install for Classicshell by itself - do not install the classic explorer, classic IE, and updater components (certificate is revoked and will generate errors when it tries to run).

Classicshell got picked up and forked once the developer abandoned it,and is still going as Openshell

https://github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu/releases

I had forgot how stupid pre-built windows boxes are until I set up a new gaming box. Why there needs to be 5 (!) different office versions installed for example? With Apple the new user experience is so smooth. There is no crap on the computer. It's just ready to use. I had to spend at least half an hour clicking stupid GUI menus uninstalling things. I don't want Office365 even for free.

Back