What is the history of HardForum?

What is the history of HardForum? Has it been around continuously since its start?

I first joined in 2005 and haven't logged in in a long time. I thought I had posted here a long time ago but find no history of that. Have old posts been purged or am I mistaken?

What is the history of HardForum? Has it been around continuously since its start?

I first joined in 2005 and haven't logged in in a long time. I thought I had posted here a long time ago but find no history of that. Have old posts been purged or am I mistaken?

I vaguely remember there being a complete loss of the database at one point, but I think that was very early. Way before 2005.

Maybe 1999-2000 or something like that?

My memory is hazy.

Also, some subforums have been deleted over the years.

The original General Mayhem subforum caused too many headaches, cost toouch in bandwidth and was a huge liability for Kyle and as a result it was deleted at some point. I can't remember what year. If you posted in there, that might be why you can't find your old posts.

Some users then started their own General Mayhem forum separate from the Hard forums called "GenMay".

At some point the general mayhem subforum was added back to the hard forum as a subscription only section, which is how it remains, but I don't think any of the old content was restored when this happened. I could be wrong though.

They used to list all active online users on the bottom I thought that was pretty neat.
Yeah the redesigned forums are a step backwards for me in most cases. Can't jump to new posts in a thread with one click from searc results/new post search, the floating bar is absolutely unnecessary especially on mobile (I never use it), the issue where you can't write under a post if you quote it and there wasn't a pre-existing space there. etc.

Used to be on here in 2003-2004ish but can't remember/find the account I used then. I have screenshots where I was OC'ing a64s, durons etc with [H] and the wealth of knowledge in the background. Best all round forum, hands down, there were a few niche ones for GPU wire mods and the rest but for the full spectrum this place was unrivalled IMO. Not much changed between then and recent update on the main forum, which is why I love this place so much.

Back