What is MSI SUPRIM?

Peat Moss

Gawd
What is the SUPRIM line in the MSI Nvidia 3000 series line up? I've been over the specs and I can't discern what is different, if anything.

How does it compare to the Gaming X trio line?

think biggest difference is thermal solution ie vapor chamber on suprim X vs heatpipe on gaming x trio

Their answer to a Strix. Heavier than the Gaming X Trio line, 4080 Gaming X Trio 1886 g. RTX 4080 Suprim X weighs 2373 g.

For 3080 Gaming X Trio is 1565 g. 3080 SUPRIM X 12G is 1903 g. TechPowerup weighed the SUPRIM and got 1901 g to confirm.

Last edited:
Cooler RBG effects with Suprim and thermals it was a card 10 years in development by MSI just came out first with 3000 series cards.

There is one preset called Police and it flashes like Police lights.

What is the SUPRIM line in the MSI Nvidia 3000 series line up? I've been over the specs and I can't discern what is different, if anything.

How does it compare to the Gaming X trio line?
In general, the Suprim are higher clocked from MSI with more power and possibly better cooling. Also, the Suprim may have dual bios or "Boost" switches on the cards.

1678560948797.png

As eVGA left the GPU market, my 4090 is the first MSI GPU I have every bought. I went with the SUPRIM and absolutely love the thermals, overlocking and design of the card. It's solid.

Thanks. So 1) better build quality 2) higher clocks 3) heavier/larger 4) higher power draw 5) better cooling
Better cooling part is subjective. On the 3000 series the Suprim X 3080 Ti had the worse cooling solution when compared with Gigabyte Eagle 3080 Ti and Palit Gamerock 3080 Ti I had.

Suprim would typically run up to 80 C when gaming with a very high fan speed. Gigabyte and Palit were silent and ran at 72-75 C max.

After that experience I sold the Suprim X in less than 5 days.

Also the suprim has a couple additional VRMs (there's the increased power draw) on the board that the GxT leaves off.. though on a 4080 that doesn't matter much really as that card is pretty power efficient as-is. But for a 4090 those extra VRMs will would make more of a difference in OC headroom and stability..

Back