What happened to the Hard Forum app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatryan

[H]ard|Gawd
Call me crazy, but wasn't there a forum app developed specifically for this forum? I swear I had a conversation about this many years ago, because I was surprised Hard wasn't on Tapatalk. Am I confusing this with another board?

I'm having this PITA problem with the mobile site where every time I'm posting a reply and move the cursor somewhere else in the text box, the screen scrolls all the way to the top of the page and I can't see the text box let alone what I'm typing. Everything works fine on a computer, but I do most of my posting on my phone.

I'm having this PITA problem with the mobile site where every time I'm posting a reply and move the cursor somewhere else in the text box, the screen scrolls all the way to the top of the page and I can't see the text box let alone what I'm typing. Everything works fine on a computer, but I do most of my posting on my phone.
Phone? OS and version? Browser? Keyboard app? Browser plugins?

RoldanLT

Pixel 2XL, Android 10 (QQ2A.200405.005), Firefox, stock Google keyboard, No plugins (Do they even make mobile browser plugins?)
I happen to own that phone currently. I use Brave browser. Could you give that a try and see if the issue still exists?

I happen to own that phone currently. I use Brave browser. Could you give that a try and see if the issue still exists?
I just downloaded the browser. I'm replying in it now. It doesn't seem to have the same problem.

I just downloaded the browser. I'm replying in it now. It doesn't seem to have the same problem.
I would suggest trying a different keyboard to go with your FF browser.

Why do you say that, are you aware of a known issue between FF and Google keyboard?
No, but I know in the past we have seen a couple people have similar issues, and it almost always comes down to browser or keyboard.

No, but I know in the past we have seen a couple people have similar issues, and it almost always comes down to browser or keyboard.
Gotcha. Google keyboard has some other quirks that annoy me, so Ive thought about changing anyway. Its just that last time I did it, it kept eventually reverting back to stock which got very annoying. Of course, that was on an LG G2, not my Pixel 2XL (both made by LG though).

Can confirm, gboard + firefox = PITA.

I've been working around it by using the "swipe spacebar to move curser" and "text editing" (allows direct control of cursor movement, selection, and copy/paste from keyboard without having to long-press) features, but I'll probably be switching keyboards – I don't much like gboard anyway.

Edit: swiftkey is much worse. Switched to hackers keyboard. Has some quirks, but at least it works as a keyboard.

Last edited:
Can confirm, gboard + firefox = PITA.

I've been working around it by using the "swipe spacebar to move curser" and "text editing" (allows direct control of cursor movement, selection, and copy/paste from keyboard without having to long-press) features, but I'll probably be switching keyboards – I don't much like gboard anyway.

Edit: swiftkey is much worse. Switched to hackers keyboard. Has some quirks, but at least it works as a keyboard.
holy crap, i never knew that text editing feature even existed! But honestly, is not very practical. Having to go and click a few buttons each time you want to move the cursor is a royal pain. I'm not a fan of the spacebar cursor movement, because it's not accurate. It's too easy to overshoot the intended spot for the cursor.

Sucks Firefox is so problematic. I thought FF was still everyone's go-to browser. I've kept that Brave browser on my Pixel 2 XL, and I do like it (except for the menu bar being at the bottom! 😤 ), but the reason I even chose FF in the first place is because I wanted a browser that will sync with the browser on my machine at work. I'm only allowed to use Edge, Chrome, or FF at work (all locked down versions of course).

I've been using chrome for years, but I'm getting so fed up with Google's censorship and ever-increasing advertising infestation across all it's platforms. Google just straight tanked the second the founders left the company. My company has blocked Chrome sync capabilities, but some can be restored with chrome flags. Not sure if i can even do the same with Firefox, still in the testing phase anyway. Though Firefox and 1password do not seem to get along well at all, and that's critical for me. Def never using Edge, so I don't know where that leaves me...

Yeah, there are a few serious usability issues with Fx mobile, unfortunately. And bugs seem to sit for a while untouched in their bugtracker (at least for the desktop browser). Which is a shame, because its really nice to be able to use Fx extensions on mt phone.

I'm convinced the bug is in firefox, though. All three keyboards scroll all over the place when you try to move the input cursor.

Yeah, there are a few serious usability issues with Fx mobile, unfortunately. And bugs seem to sit for a while untouched in their bugtracker (at least for the desktop browser). Which is a shame, because its really nice to be able to use Fx extensions on mt phone.

I'm convinced the bug is in firefox, though. All three keyboards scroll all over the place when you try to move the input cursor.
It's an odd but very annoying bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back