What do y'all use to synchronize movie framerates to your monitor?

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
For years I've used a program called MPC-HC to synchronize the framerate of the movies and TV shows that I watch with my monitor's framerate in order to eliminate tearing and stuttering.
However this program hasn't been updated since 2017 and is starting to get long in the tooth and it's not always stable with modern x.265 encodes anymore, occasionally crashing.
Do you know of a media player that is more up to date and is really good at "v-syncing" video that's only 24 or 30 fps?

VLC works with Freesync. You'll need a monitor that will work at that low a framerate, which means it needs LFC (Low Framerate Compensation) support, since the "real" Freesync range never extends that far down.

i use the current 2022 mpc-hc from codecguide and set it to output 24fps

I use modern MPC-HC with madVR and Reclock.

Reclock isn't for everyone (tendency to manually set the target frame rate), but I find it produces the smoothest results.

For years I've used a program called MPC-HC to synchronize the framerate of the movies and TV shows that I watch with my monitor's framerate in order to eliminate tearing and stuttering.
However this program hasn't been updated since 2017 and is starting to get long in the tooth and it's not always stable with modern x.265 encodes anymore, occasionally crashing.
Do you know of a media player that is more up to date and is really good at "v-syncing" video that's only 24 or 30 fps?
You missed a whole world of updates ;)
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/media-player-classic-home-cinema-mpcbe-thread-updated.328525/

Am I the only person not doing jack shit and just turning the movie on? Lol

Haven't noticed an issue.

i stopped all the madvr crap when i got a gpu good enough to do 4k by itself. i just use the basic mpc-hc setup with fixed fps(s).

i stopped all the madvr crap when i got a gpu good enough to do 4k by itself. i just use the basic mpc-hc setup with fixed fps(s).
I'll be legit. I've never once gone out of my way to check what FPS it is running. I just start the movie and watch it. And my tv displays it.

madVR is still considered a high quality upscaler and it can render video in exclusive fullscreen, although the latter's advantage is debatable as Windows desktop rendering these days is pretty good.

madVR still has a high quality upscaler and it can render video in exclusive fullscreen, although the latter's advantage is debatable as Windows desktop rendering these days is pretty good.
dont feel like i need it anymore.

Most people don't notice it, but if the frame rate can't sync exactly to the refresh rate, there will be periodic hitches as a frame is offset by one refresh cycle. I'm the only person I know who even knows this happens, let alone cares. But then most people don't even notice if the aspect ratio is wrong.

Not at all. That's how almost all normies watch their movies.
It usually takes an experienced videophile/technician such as myself to instantly be able to notice the stutter and hitching that most people are accustomed to in their home theater or on their PC.

It's easy to notice in scrolling news tickers, like on business networks. Just look for momentary hitch in the scrolling.

That said I'm not one to care about it. Low bitrate and blocking especially in dark areas is what always bothered me which is why I started doing my own encodes (too much money and space with HDDs to go 1:1 iso size along with redundant 1:1 backup like I currently have)

I do care enough still to white point calibrate my TVs though

Back