What died on my Sound Blaster X3? Only optical gives good sound.

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U

So my X3 suddenly stopped working with analog sound either rear port or headphone jack. Is the DAC dead?
You can here on this clip first clean audio from Optical then around 8 secs in I swapped to analog.

I tried other computers and cables and is surely a device issue. Guess is time to trash it unless anyone know show to repair it (requiring little skill as I have lol).

Thanks!

Could try reaching out to creative support and see if they give you a viable option. Could be a large number of things to look at from cracked solder joints to components to static discharge damage. Could even be solder cracked or trace damaged at the connector for the 3.5mm, i see that in lots of devices, could check there first.

Could try reaching out to creative support and see if they give you a viable option. Could be a large number of things to look at from cracked solder joints to components to static discharge damage. Could even be solder cracked or trace damaged at the connector for the 3.5mm, i see that in lots of devices, could check there first.
yeah the support offered me nothing :/ actually they offered me a 10% discount to buy another since this one is out of warranty.

yeah the support offered me nothing :/ actually they offered me a 10% discount to buy another since this one is out of warranty.
Bummer, that is crappy. But yea I would check internal connections to plugs. Likely could visually inspect for problems (if you don't have a multimeter). You would be looking for loose legs on the connectors going to the circuit board or cracked solder around them. Beyond that would require circuit troubleshooting which would be up to you for how far to go

Bummer, that is crappy. But yea I would check internal connections to plugs. Likely could visually inspect for problems (if you don't have a multimeter). You would be looking for loose legs on the connectors going to the circuit board or cracked solder around them. Beyond that would require circuit troubleshooting which would be up to you for how far to go
I will open it to see. Nothing to lose :)
Thanks

yup ^^ look for discoloring on the pcb from hot spots, burnt chips, hit it with contact cleaner etc.

Back