What Cart or Rackmount supports a Cisco Campus Switch?

I've looked for a cart or rackmount solution for a Cisco Campus Switch, such as the 4500, 6500, or higher. However, I can't find what I'm looking for. Can anyone please help me find a solution for this somewhere please because I don't want this Campus Switch sitting on the floor when I get it and I would like an easy way to move it around when I get one Campus Switch regardless of when I get the rest of the parts, such as the power supplies, switching module, and Supervisor Engine or everything else needed to use this to hopefully someday prepare for the CCIE exams after the CCNA and CCNP.

You purchased a Cat4500 for CCNA prep??

Unless you are in need of a very expensive space heater, why not just use GNS3?

Buying one switch/router is not really going to help with concepts, especially dynamic routing concepts. You will need multiple devices along with PCaps running if you really want to get into the nuts and bolts of how everything works.

You purchased a Cat4500 for CCNA prep??

Unless you are in need of a very expensive space heater, why not just use GNS3?

Buying one switch/router is not really going to help with concepts, especially dynamic routing concepts. You will need multiple devices along with PCaps running if you really want to get into the nuts and bolts of how everything works.

I would use GNS3 if could get IOU's (IOS on UNiX) for them, but every attempt I've made including making my own, asking others, and contacting Cisco to ask how to get an IOU has been unsuccessful. The reason making my own IOU hasn't worked is because there has been at least one or a few steps I followed from spam answer guides on the internet that hasn't worked and I have no other way that I've found that works. To answer your first response or question NO I did not purchase a Campus switch, such as the 4500 or 6500 for CCNA self study and I'm just looking into it for CCIE self-study because the prices are so good on some sites.

Last edited:
Here you go - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Cisco-CCNA-CCNP-Lab-Kit-/260830459465

Unless you just want to burn money, or you already have the gear, I can't fathom purchasing a chassis switch for CCNA/CCNP studying.

The Chassis switch is not for CCNA or CCNP, but is just for CCIE because I've seen some very good deals on them almost everywhere I've looked. I have the lab manuals for CCNP and I know I don't need anything higher than a 3560v2 for that, which I could actually just use two 3560v2's for L3 DLS1 and DLS2. Then I could also just use two 2960's for L2 ALS1 and ALS2. As for CCNA to get hands on experience I suspect the requirements would be the same as CCN{ and I can use the latest packet tracer for most of the self-study, but packet tracer cannot be used for CCNP because it can't do a lot of the CCNP level commands.

Also, I don't need a CCNA-CCNP Lab kit because I already have a 12U open post frame rack with a 2U server, 2U UPS, a 1U NAS, and a either 3 1921's Routers and 3 3560v2 switches or 4 3560v2's and two 1921's with the third one sitting on the top of the open post frame rack using what I call a cheater U. If you don't know what I mean by cheater U I'm working on the definition and I've been unable to post a definition to Urban Dictionary because it says "should include the word being definied" and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I need too replace my 2U UPS with two 1U UPS's though, so I can plug in all my equipment at the same time if I need to. Also, I may need a 15U Rack, but currently 12U works best and in some cases 9U might work better except 12U gives me the amount of Rack space I need and a 9U doesn't. I have five 1921 router for CCNP self-study. I need affordable WIC's with Serial though to get a true CCNP self-study experience and to help me with my CCNP classes.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back