What Browser you use with Latest Win10 builds? How many swapped from Chrome to Edge?

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
I think Edge is almost good enough to swap to from Chrome. If it were not for the fact the browser kinda freezes up in a white screen after Min the window, i likley would have stoped using chrome. Edge Seems very fancy but Half Baked with issues.

Brah, "very fancy but Half Baked with issues" is Microsoft's corporate manifesto these days. Then again, I'm a dinosaur who still uses Firefox and switches to Chrome when Firefox compatibility issues become overwhelming, so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Chrome. Too far down the Google rabbit hole when I login to Chrome, everything just syncs so perfectly. Zero reason to use anything else.

I've been using Vivaldi for years but I also use Brave on the side as well. I never bothered with the "conveniences" baked into any browser because it was little more than a way to make you dependent on the ecosystem so even when it does go downhill or obtrusive that you can't make yourself move away from it.

As for Chrome, I've never used it. I tried it out a few times over the years and never once did I care for it. I absolutely hate the UI style and there was too much Google around for my taste anyway. I stuck with Firefox longer than any other browser but swapped to Vivaldi as soon as someone pointed it out and I tried it.

I've been using the new Edge since it came out for my daily surfing and still use firefox for my "other" browsing since it has the downloader plugins I use and they work great.

Brave is my main browser, Opera GX is secondary. Do have Opera and Edge installed but use them once in a while

I was a big Firefox user for a long time, but they've been dropping the ball, and I switched back to Chrome.

I've tried Edge and it was fine, but there was nothing blockbuster that would make me switch.

I was a big Firefox user for a long time, but they've been dropping the ball, and I switched back to Chrome.

I've tried Edge and it was fine, but there was nothing blockbuster that would make me switch.
This is my sentiment as well.

Loved Firefox for the longest time, then switched to Chrome a few years back. I have used Edge a time or two on company equipment.

Seamonkey or bust!

For real, though. Def would rock the monkey if it was still supported. Firefox when I do have a rare venture into windows land, absent the monk.

I've been using Edge since before it was Chromium. I was a long-time IE user before switching to Edge. I didn't really want to switch to a Chromium-based browser, but I'm not really a fan of Firefox and Edge was the last alternative. I basically just stayed with Edge at this point because all my stuff is in my Microsoft account from years of owning a Windows Phone, having Office 365, and using Bing Rewards. Plus they're sweetening the deal by giving me cash back on purchases and helping me find deals when I shop online, so now I'm even more addicted to Bing and Edge than I would be from just having all my stuff in them synced automatically.

I use Firefox mainly, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

But I had to have Chrome installed for those few sites that only worked correctly with Chrome. Ever since the Chromium Edge update, I no longer have any need to have Chrome installed on my computer at all. I am very grateful for that.

Thanks figured out another program i had running disagreed with edge...So now Edge works problem free. Sounds like most people are totally switching to edge since its very much like chrome to begin with.

I've been using Edge since before it was Chromium. I was a long-time IE user before switching to Edge. I didn't really want to switch to a Chromium-based browser, but I'm not really a fan of Firefox and Edge was the last alternative. I basically just stayed with Edge at this point because all my stuff is in my Microsoft account from years of owning a Windows Phone, having Office 365, and using Bing Rewards. Plus they're sweetening the deal by giving me cash back on purchases and helping me find deals when I shop online, so now I'm even more addicted to Bing and Edge than I would be from just having all my stuff in them synced automatically.
That's very similar to my browser experience. Used Metro IE on Win8/8.1 tablets because even tho it was a mediocre terrible browser, it worked extremely well on touchscreens. Switched to Edge when it came out and got hooked by its clean interface, fast performance, and reasonable resource usage. Stayed because I can sync all my stuff between all my computers and my phone (Android now, I was a Windows Phone holdout until 2017 or 2018 but eventually had enough with the lack of apps). Plus the Rewards thing- I end up having enough Bing points for a $5 Chipotle or Target gift card almost every month which isn't huge compensation for letting them skim my personal data but it's better than Google's offer of "getting the privilege of using our services is your compensation, now worship us"

Last edited:
I switched to Edge as soon as it came out. No more software_reporter.exe scanning my drives. It drove me crazy scanning my noisy hard drive. Also I like the way the scrolling feels over Chrome, it feels smoother.

I use Chrome 95% of the time. I keep it in perma-incognito w/ AdBlock+ so I don't get the same banner ads over and over. I also find that helps with anything where refreshing a lot is needed. The other 5% I use the new chromium-based Edge. I have that one logged in with an account and whatnot, so it's useful for any pages where cookies, logins, etc. are helpful.

I don't think it's possible to use one browser exclusively anymore, especially if you work in the IT field and are logging in to dozens of management consoles. You inevitably run into a site that won't load properly under one, so you need another.

I forgot to mention my grip with Chrome web store. You now have to log in in order to download addons. Same with Edge if you want to use Chrome addons.

I forgot to mention my grip with Chrome web store. You now have to log in in order to download addons. Same with Edge if you want to use Chrome addons.
I just installed Ublock and Autodelete with no login. I don't even have accounts tog into.

I just installed Ublock and Autodelete with no login. I don't even have accounts tog into.
I had Ublock Origin installed. What is Autodelete? It's still a bunch of BS just to download an addon easily. I simply decided to go to the author's web site instead.

You don't need to with Brave, which is what I use. Firefox doesn't require that crap either.

You don't need to with Brave, which is what I use. Firefox doesn't require that crap either.

Yeah, I use Brave Browser almost exclusively and for the times something does not work, I use Chromium. I will not touch firefox, especially the new version, because DNS over HTTPS is enabled by default. (Check out Switched to Linux and his explanation is you want more information on it.)

Yeah I know about Brave and Firefox since that is what I use, but I was setting up a laptop for a friend that wanted Chrome.

I had Ublock Origin installed. What is Autodelete? It's still a bunch of BS just to download an addon easily. I simply decided to go to the author's web site instead.
Cookie Autodelete, though it can delete more than cookies. Allows you to clear cookies on exit, without losing the ones you want to keep.

I switched to Edge (Chromimum) for work. I like that I can use it on every platform. I still use Chrome for my personal machines, but I've been really impressed with Edge.

Back