What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Runescape(lol), still have some time left for double XP. I need to get level 120 herblore already.

Mainly ME Legendary on the PS4 Pro on the 120" projector screen in the basement.

From the PC side, playing thru Doom Eternal DLC Part 1 on Nightmare difficulty (slayer gates, err). Might try RE7 before moving to 8 since you all seem to be enjoying 8. RE7 is on gamepass ultimate so may as well take advantage of it.

How is it on ps4 pro? debating getting it for ps4 pro over pc due to the lack of properultrawide and the fov.

How is it on ps4 pro? debating getting it for ps4 pro over pc due to the lack of properultrawide and the fov.

PS4 Pro is nowhere near the performance you can get on a PC with the right setup. I'm running 4K HDR @120Hz on both my system. Using the Desktop mostly during peak daylight hours since the Ambient light is a bit high in the Big TV room during those hours.

PS4 Pro is nowhere near the performance you can get on a PC with the right setup. I'm running 4K HDR @120Hz on both my system. Using the Desktop mostly during peak daylight hours since the Ambient light is a bit high in the Big TV room during those hours.
You playing with controller or mouse and keyboard?

Playing Ghostrunner now. It's cool but can be pretty hard, you die a LOT. Sort of like Celeste, but cyberpunk and 3D.

I rather prefer games from the previous era - so I play Midwars in HoN several times a day
And at night I spend a lot of time playing EVE online

Why are those speakers so close to the wall? Are they front ported?

They are rear ported but there is actually a 5" gap between the backside and the wall. I also store the extra slack of speaker wire directly behind the speakers in case I want to pull them out further. Sound is good enough though (I'm no audiophile), especially for a non-dedicated theatre that doubles as a play room and a workout space. If it were a dedicated theatre the walls would be black, more sound proofing, etc etc. Compromises I suppose.

It’s all PC Engine CD shooters for me this week. Playing Nexzr at the moment. After I finished Hyper Light Drifter again a couple of weeks ago, nothing’s grabbing me for real game time investment. So palette cleansing with classic shmuppery seems to be doing the trick.

I dusted off my PC copy of Assassin's Creed and I'm going to play through the first three games. I played it shortly after I first got it, but never finished it, I think I made it 40% of the way through? It got boring, but I'm clearing out my backlog and I'm going to give it another go. I recently found 2 & 3 for PS3 at a thrift store, so figured I'd play through them.

I dusted off my PC copy of Assassin's Creed and I'm going to play through the first three games. I played it shortly after I first got it, but never finished it, I think I made it 40% of the way through? It got boring, but I'm clearing out my backlog and I'm going to give it another go. I recently found 2 & 3 for PS3 at a thrift store, so figured I'd play through them.
I put around 14 hours in Assassins creed 2 and still didn't finish it. It's a pretty long campaign with a good storyline. I just couldn't handle anymore after putting that much time in it.

I put around 14 hours in Assassins creed 2 and still didn't finish it. It's a pretty long campaign with a good storyline. I just couldn't handle anymore after putting that much time in it.

Sounds like I've got a few long campaigns ahead of me! I'm excited,
Lately I've played some long campaigns,a and multiple entries. In the past year I've played Days Gone, both The Last of Us, every uncharted game (except vita) and rtcw and Wolfenstein new order, old blood, and new colossus. I guess I have more patience, so I don't think I'll get bored of it like last time.

Far Cry 4. Finally unlocked the SA-50 and attachments. Carrying the Bushman and Bull make my character almost an unstoppable force.

Far Cry 5. Finishing up side missions then completing fishing tasks.

Looking for another FPS/MP game to buy. Unsure what to get at the moment.

Dumping more time into Returnal probably. Just got Prison Architect on sale tho so might have to try that. Got a busy weekend ahead of me and a busy week next week so it looks like I'm not gonna get as much time in as I was hoping on Returnal. Still wanna go back to RE8 too

Outriders and GOW3 co-op on the Xbox series x/s with my nephew. Bought Animaniacs, Jurassic park, and Dynamite heady for the Sega Genesis going to give them a play this weekend 😎

Probably play more Farcry 5, then Continue playing Resident Evil 7. (Want to finish it before i start the 8th one). Maybe continue doing a level or two with Metro Exodus. (About 50% done so far)
Did get the game Elex, which while it may not be in the game of the year class, is fairly fun for what it is. Been dabbling in it for a few days now.

Last edited:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Good game, but I haven't enjoyed it as much as the first. There are too many instances where it's obvious what ability you're going to get next due to unpassable barriers in your path. It's also just more repetitious, too. Still, it's a neat game and one I'm still having fun with.

Biomutant comes out on Tuesday, so my goal is to complete Ori before it hits.

Still playing Styx: Master of Shadows which is fine enough. About halfway through the game - burning out a bit on gaming having clocked over 40 games since the first of the year. Plus the weather's getting nice and I have actual yard work to do.

Otherwise, It Takes Two with the wife. Glad they implemented a friend's pass system to make a strict co-op game playable without having to do Steam's Remote Play Together or streaming to a TV.

I'm playing G String now. It was a cyberpunk Half-Life 2 mod that became a full game.

It's actually really good, I feel like I'm playing HL2 for the first time again. The action could be better, but the environmental puzzles are great.

Hopefully finish ME2 and get started on ME3 in the Legendary Edition. Maybe try out Biomutant.

Gears of War 5. The snowmobile scene's are pretty boring. They could have made those scenario's in the game a little less and more shooting. Just my opinion, but this feels like a fallout 3 clone.
Not a bad game, but gears 3 was a lot better. The beginning part of the game was pretty fun, but once you get riding that snowmobile, that's when it just gets boring.

I like the snowmobile, but it's only a small part of the game. It goes back to normal after you finish those levels.

Also downloaded the new single-player DLC. Have to give that a go, really love the graphics with HDR support.

Have a whole bunch of games that I'm itching to play, but I decided to start with Pillars of Eternity. Really fun so far -- the hardest part is choosing a class to stick with! I decided to be a ranger for my first playthrough in this game.

Back