What are people using for wifi 6 aps?

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
I think I’m done with my UniFi aps. I’ve had this issue with my tvs and 4K with private listening that I can’t fix. And I know it’s the aps as it works with a cheapo router ap.

I’m going to be keeping my er4 and es16. So I’m going to need some poe wifi 6 aps. Any recommendations?

Why wifi 6? I don't think that will help the tvs or 4k. Also, why not use something like powerlines to just 'wire' them? Most TVs still have only a 100Mbs port and the newest powerlines will hit over 200Mbs ime.

For television, latency is more important than bandwidth and once you go wired, you'll never go back to wireless (first hand experience on that).

I wouldn't buy a new ap at all--lots of great routers to be had for 1/2 the price used that will still work great. wifi 6 as is being sold right now is already a depreciated standard and is a waste of money imo.

I'm glad I came across this post. I recently thought I was doing my Mom a favor by setting up this extra ubnt ap-ac-lr to hook up her TV and cameras and it actually made things worse! I didn't have time to really investigate but I remember scanning for a clean channel.

I was looking into a new wifi 6 AP and that ubnt wifi 6 AP for $99 looked good but now this made me rethink things.

Let me know what you find. I’m in the market for something new.

If you were talking about streaming media (YouTube, Amazon, Apple TV+, Hulu, etc.), then you needed a powerful device and a proper network configuration. I went through several versions of Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast. They all sucked! The only media streaming devices that provided truly interruption-free 4K experience over WiFi were NVidia Shield and Apple TV 4K 2021. Once my ISP began providing 250Mbps+ speeds, Apple TV 4K 2021 replaced Satellite TV for me. I had to disable multicast and broadcast across my LAN and WLAN to have steady streaming speeds, but WiFi 6 was not necessary.

Back