Western Digital Black 2TB SN850 $386 Amazon

Falkentyne

[H]ard|Gawd
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KFRFL8F/

Price just dropped a bit from the $429 both Newegg and Amazon had it at.
I think this is the lowest it's been at.
Still a high price but might be worth it for some people for the fastest drive out there.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a PCI-E 4.0 drive, yes? I'm assuming it is based on the read and write speeds.

The 3.0 version is on sale for $294 right now, a little lower than the $310 currently on other stores. For those without 4.0.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M9VXSXG

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's slightly faster on paper than the Samsung 980 pro which is 379. Which do you guys think is a better deal? I already have one 980 in my gaming rig and it works great. Anyone have experience with the WD Black series?

It's slightly faster on paper than the Samsung 980 pro which is 379. Which do you guys think is a better deal? I already have one 980 in my gaming rig and it works great. Anyone have experience with the WD Black series?
What ever is cheaper. You will not be able to the difference between the two.

If you already have a 980 Pro in your rig - stick with it. That just means you can use one software suite to manage/update instead of needing both WD and Samsung. :)

EDIT: thanks for the heads up - price matching my 980 Pro 2TB purchase from last night at Best Buy. I own quite a few of them - awesome drives. The WD is no slouch either...but I'm in the Samsung ecosystem. :)

I changed out my 3.0 SN750 to the 4.0 SN850, but only in anticipation for DirectStorage. I also had a 3080 at the time with its GDDR6X memory so I thought I'd have a hell of a bangup once it's released. I since changed to a 6800 with its regular GDDR6, but still cool tech DirectStorage sounds like it'll be.

Will be switching from Windows to Linux here in the next few months, plan on ditching Windows. Wonder if DirectStorage will work on Linux? Natively or not?

Back