Weird issue with USB ports on Asus TUF Gaming X570

Motley

2[H]4U
I have a new build. Just got the Asus TUF Gaming X570. With a Ryzen 5 3600. I'm having a problem with USB ports. Both mouse and keyboard I get hesitation where the mouse stops moving momentarily. Very odd issue. Did some research and found a thread on reddit about AMD X570 USB hesitation, reconnection issues.

Gonna rip this mobo out and return it. Boy this new build is giving me endless amount of problems. When I installed the CPU there was an error detecting the CPU on the mobo, and I had to re-seat it with applying some pressure on it while locking the arm. But in my trouble shooting I replaced another mobo and PSU.

Never had this many problems with a new build. Its driving me mad.

Should I dump the AMD setup and get Intel?

I'm having some very frustrating issues with USB as well, this is on a GB Aorus A520.
It makes the setup borderline unusable for some of my usage scenarios, and even simple stuff like connecting a phone causes my UPS to go away and the PC thinks it's running off battery power.
I'm told there is a fix from AMD in the pipeline for these issues.

BTW. just curious - if you have a meter and feel confident using it could you check your USB supply voltage while it's floating and in circuit with something? I'm getting like 4.6 which is pathetic. Probably a separate issue though.

I have a new build. Just got the Asus TUF Gaming X570. With a Ryzen 5 3600. I'm having a problem with USB ports. Both mouse and keyboard I get hesitation where the mouse stops moving momentarily. Very odd issue. Did some research and found a thread on reddit about AMD X570 USB hesitation, reconnection issues.

Gonna rip this mobo out and return it. Boy this new build is giving me endless amount of problems. When I installed the CPU there was an error detecting the CPU on the mobo, and I had to re-seat it with applying some pressure on it while locking the arm. But in my trouble shooting I replaced another mobo and PSU.

What bios are you on? There have been some USB issues addressed in Bios. I have the latest beta available on Asus' site for my board, and I haven't had any issues.

That issue was a widespread B550/X570 issue so don't get too worried about your specific board just yet. That issue was fixed in BIOS by all the major manufactures a month or two ago.

Holy crap! Geeezus I was losing my mind here. Not a good thing for AMD to engineer something like the USB not working correctly.

I was almost ready to start taking the mobo out to go return it and exchange it for an Intel.

Never heard anything about it, not on the youtubers reviews, like Linus and Gamers Nexus.

I am on Asus bios 3603. I just looked and sure enough Asus has a beta bios 3801 that says the USB connectivity issues. I will try that and report back.

Thank you everyone for the help, this place is great for things like this.

Never heard anything about it, not on the youtubers reviews, like Linus and Gamers Nexus.
It was heavily publicised in hardware news circles/websites. Linus doesn't talk about motherboards or issues like this but GN absolutely had this come up in his weekly recap video's.

Well I updated the bios to 3801 and it didn't fix it. Still the same issue with USB. I'm on a roll right now, everything I touch turns to shit.

I just took the motherboard out and I'm gonna return it to Microcenter, along with the CPU Ryzen 5 3600. Gonna get an Intel Core i5 and mobo.

Wish me luck Im gonna need it at the rate I'm going.

Well I updated the bios to 3801 and it didn't fix it. Still the same issue with USB. I'm on a roll right now, everything I touch turns to shit.

I just took the motherboard out and I'm gonna return it to Microcenter, along with the CPU Ryzen 5 3600. Gonna get an Intel Core i5 and mobo.

Wish me luck Im gonna need it at the rate I'm going.
download the newest chipset drivers, uninstall the old ones, reboot and install new one. see if that helps.
or throw in the towel....

Look I have been having issues for two weeks now. First was the CPU error because of the zero inforce socket. Thought it was PSU, or video card issue. Once I got that figured out then it was USB issue. I've been troubleshooting the USB issue for a few days. Because I was not aware of the issue until you guys told me hear after I created this thread.

After updating bios still didn't work, I'm done.

Went to Microcenter and exchanged it for Intel system. Disappointed that AMD would release a chipset with this issue. Didn't they test anything?

Look I have been having issues for two weeks now. First was the CPU error because of the zero inforce socket. Thought it was PSU, or video card issue. Once I got that figured out then it was USB issue. I've been troubleshooting the USB issue for a few days. Because I was not aware of the issue until you guys told me hear after I created this thread.

After updating bios still didn't work, I'm done.

Went to Microcenter and exchanged it for Intel system. Disappointed that AMD would release a chipset with this issue. Didn't they test anything?
Cause Intel doesn't have issues themselves? The whole security holes all over the place and recently with their lan chipset. You could of just gotten a bum MB. There have been no know issues with the socket.

It's up to mb manufacturers to ensure everything works. For all we know, AMD did test it, and it worked fine.

They are all crooked and only care about one thing, their pockets. I actually thought that mb manufacturers were improving their quality over the past few years. Like 10 years ago the motherboards were cheaply made and had lots of issues.
Apparently the trend continues.

And the video cards are completely out of control right now with their prices. No way in hell I am spending $800 at MSRP for a middle performer graphics card.

I just never really understood why graphics cards are so expensive. CPU, RAM, PSU, MB, and Cases are all have been decently priced. Video cards every year take huge hikes in prices while their performance is only nominally increased.

They are all crooked and only care about one thing, their pockets. I actually thought that mb manufacturers were improving their quality over the past few years. Like 10 years ago the motherboards were cheaply made and had lots of issues.
Apparently the trend continues.
I honestly don't understand your logic but let me try this.

Do you think that everyone that has that particular model motherboard (forgetting all the incredibly happy AMD system owners over the past 5 years) are just living with USB that doesn't work like you're describing and just being silent about it?

You had one bad product, stop throwing a temper tantrum. Not a single person here is on your side or agrees with you.

having some odd issues on my Asus DH board the top two usb ports lose the keyboard and mouse now and then and now my external blueray drive cant read discs properly. in make mkv

I honestly don't understand your logic but let me try this.

Do you think that everyone that has that particular model motherboard (forgetting all the incredibly happy AMD system owners over the past 5 years) are just living with USB that doesn't work like you're describing and just being silent about it?

You had one bad product, stop throwing a temper tantrum. Not a single person here is on your side or agrees with you.

Do you know the percentage of bad USB boards? It was a widespread issue that affected all the manufacturers. No I certainly don't think every single board out there has that issue. But after having multiple problems with mine that is why I returned it.

Look here, I like AMD systems, I have had a Ryzen system on every iteration they have released. I have had no major issues on any of those systems up until now. That is why I am disappointed with AMD right now, they should have worked harder with the motherboard manufactures to make sure problems like this are resolved before selling them to us. I am not an Intel fan. I am a fan of good quality PC hardware. And I am not having a temper tantrum.

rant (this is a rant, not a temper tantrum), why does the gaming industry have such crooked companies. EA, Nvidia, even Intel are the most hated companies.

Capture.JPG

this only usb issue on mine.....strangely enough i cant find a problem with anything...mouse, kb, tried usb wifi, phone and everything always works. Well one time my mouse was giving me issues until i found some crap stuck to the back of it lol :whistle: I can believe OP never heard of all the talk about usb bios updates and would agree totally updating the chipset drivers with latest version is/was likely needed

:whistle: I cant believe OP never heard of all the talk about usb bios updates and would agree totally updating the chipset drivers with latest version is/was likely needed

I don't visit these forums every day, too busy. I usually just pop on if I have question or need advice about products I am interested in. I did however watch some youtube videos on this new Ryzen release and they never mentioned the USB issue.

I've had 0 usb issues on my secondary system with a TUF x570 plus-wifi + 3700x, and that's on the original shipping bios from over a year ago (1407 I think)

🤷‍♂️

I've been using the same board as the OP without issue.

It sounds like you were wanting to go Intel anyhow, with how quick you are jumping back, so good luck to you

Sounds about right. Some people just like what they know.

I kind of agree with him, though in this case I would have most likely only returned the motherboard and gotten a different one, if that had the same issue after getting everything up to date, then I would have gone intel.

after a nice clean out of the chipset drivers and fresh install of the newest ones on site the weird issues have stopped with external dvd drive plugged into those ports.

I've had the X570 Tuf since it launched and I've had issues with USB devices but ONLY razer stuff that uses synapse software. Every 3rd or 4th time I boot up it won't find any of my devices until I unplug them. I always thought it was just razer being razer.

Latest BIOS. There was an issue with USB on x570 that was fixed months ago with a BIOS update.

Latest BIOS. There was an issue with USB on x570 that was fixed months ago with a BIOS update.

He said that didn't fix his problem.

I've had the X570 Tuf since it launched and I've had issues with USB devices but ONLY razer stuff that uses synapse software. Every 3rd or 4th time I boot up it won't find any of my devices until I unplug them. I always thought it was just razer being razer.

I used a Razer keyboard and I didn't have any issues with Synapse and that same board.

He said that didn't fix his problem.

I used a Razer keyboard and I didn't have any issues with Synapse and that same board.
idk if he never bothered to update to newest chipset drivers After a proper Bios update and setup? Me thinks OP needs Intel setup :)

idk if he never bothered to update to newest chipset drivers After a proper Bios update and setup? Me thinks OP needs Intel setup :)

I did reinstall the chipset drivers. After that I just removed the motherboard.

I now have an Intel 11700k and MSI Z590 MAG Pro Wifi. I had an AIO water cooler but for AM4 bracket, so I had to buy a new AIO with the LGA1200 bracket. I am currently installing the new parts right now.

I did reinstall the chipset drivers. After that I just removed the motherboard.

I now have an Intel 11700k and MSI Z590 MAG Pro Wifi. I had an AIO water cooler but for AM4 bracket, so I had to buy a new AIO with the LGA1200 bracket. I am currently installing the new parts right now.

well its all behind you now.....and one of the reasons i go with high end motherboards for my own builds. I have used Asus boards for last 20 years and going. I dont know how much difference between the ROG and TUF series quality wise is? Kirby has one hell of a setup:)

well its all behind you now.....and one of the reasons i go with high end motherboards for my own builds. I have used Asus boards for last 20 years and going. I dont know how much difference between the ROG and TUF series quality wise is? Kirby has one hell of a setup:)

I had the CH8 upon release with Zen2, and then I "downgraded" to the X570 Prime Pro. I didn't notice a difference. Then I switched to a mITX B550 board, but then went back to ATX and got a deal on the TUF X570 from Amazon Warehouse. I couldn't really tell the difference between all the different X570 boards in real world usage. And thanks ;).

I've had 0 usb issues on my secondary system with a TUF x570 plus-wifi + 3700x, and that's on the original shipping bios from over a year ago (1407 I think)

🤷‍♂️

I most certainly had issues with my 3900x and 5900x. It wasn't until a later bios that it was fixed. I had some weird stutters where it would just die. I replaced mice, installed drivers, etc. It wasn't until after amd admitted it was a problem that it was fixed. I thought I was going crazy.......... and just blamed my equipment.

anyone get this one explorer stops opening anything as in you cant open any apps clicking anything on desktop doesn't do anything yet can open task manager its like it doesn't wanna load anything.

Back