Weird boot issue

qtqc1

n00b
Hello everyone. I am having a weird issue with my Windows 10. Sometimes it wont bootup. On occasion it says reboot and select a proper boot device. On occasion it also shows a critical error saying 0x000000e. I have somwhat fresh copy of windows 10 on a new ssd. I have an older windows installation on a separate ssd. I removed the older windows from the bootup menu option and I believe created this issue. I have tried all the auto repair on the windows disc and all the fixboot, fixmbr stuff.

Any help is appreciated

If you overclock, return it back to stock and see if the problem stops. If the overclock causes the problem I would run memtest and try another power supply next.

Never swap an OS hard drive from one system to another.

If I had to guess, fucked OS, Overclocking, dodgy ram, fucked mobo affecting the chipset or cpu does not like temps of 120oC and voltages of 67.8v

Perosnally, if possible, instead of swapping, reinstall.

Would reinstall onto a fresh hdd, if it persists, start checking hardware.

When you created your new W10 ssd, did you disconnect the old Windows ssd? If not, it sounds like W10 is set up for a dual boot configuration and so it won't boot without both ssd's connected and available. It is unfortunate that any time you install Windows its best to disconnect all other drives to get a clean install and avoid boot up confusion. If you run the MSCONFIG app and look at the boot tab, you may see this indicated. If there's more than one boot device listed, make sure your new ssd is identified as the default and then you should be able to delete your old ssd from the boot device list.

When you created your new W10 ssd, did you disconnect the old Windows ssd? If not, it sounds like W10 is set up for a dual boot configuration and so it won't boot without both ssd's connected and available. It is unfortunate that any time you install Windows its best to disconnect all other drives to get a clean install and avoid boot up confusion. If you run the MSCONFIG app and look at the boot tab, you may see this indicated. If there's more than one boot device listed, make sure your new ssd is identified as the default and then you should be able to delete your old ssd from the boot device list.

If the boot sector is on a disconnected drive it will not boot 100%. If it will randomly boot, problem is not the boot sector.

Thanks everyone for the help. Right now the only way I can boot is to have the windows 10 cd in the drive. Looks like I may need to disconect the one drive and do a clean fresh install

It's possible to fix the boot sector issue by booting into rescue mode.

As it always wont boot into windows, is there anything i can do right now since im in windows at the moment

Thank you very much, that dual boot program did the trick. My last question, is there a safeway to remove the old os without messing up the bootup? If not, not a big deal to live with the dual boot. Thank you for the link

look under boot in msconfig and you should be able to remove the one you dont want.

Back