WD120gig HD for $39 AR

ibwalkn2

Weaksauce
This is a [H]ot deal.....

Fry's has WD 120gig 7200rpm 8mb Cache (WD1200JBRTL) Hard drive on sale for:
$108.99 in store price - $50 MFR MIR = $58.99 AR

Circuit City has the same drive for:
$129.99 in store price - $50 MFR MIR - $20 CC MIR = $59.99 AR

But go to Circuit City and get them to Price Match Fry's In Store price for this [H]ot Deal......
$108.99 - $50 MFR MIR - $20 CC MIR = $38.99 AR

This does not start until Sunday April 4, 2004. Good Luck and happy Price Matching.... :)

Scanning right now... but I need someone to host it... Can anyone host the image?

Originally posted by Red Phoenix
Would this work in an area of the country, where there is no Fry's?

It won't for me. They know me at all the stores around here...and not for a good reason, lol.

If you got a Fry's.... They will pricematch... If there is not one around you, then who knows, but I would say no.

if you have an ad, they most liekly will, i got CC to pm to cusa once, even though the closest one is 50 miles away (yes i drove 50 miles to compusa to get a PM)

Originally posted by fallsincluded
if you have an ad, they most liekly will, i got CC to pm to cusa once, even though the closest one is 50 miles away (yes i drove 50 miles to compusa to get a PM)
there and back is at least 4 gallons of gas buddy. was the deal really that hot?

In the online store, Fry's lists $119, not $108:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3306472

Are they cheaper if you walk into their store? If so, how do you prove the price? I was hoping to print out the webpage...
(Sorry if this is a newbie question.)

So this brings up the price to about $50 plus tax, which I think is on the full price (about $10 here in CA), so around $60 in the end. Still a decent deal.

Note that Fry's has another model number, WD1200JB, at $109, but the one that CC advertises is WD1200JBRTL, which is $119. I believe they are sticklers for matching only exact models.

Ah! Thanks, thewhiteguy.

I'll just print out Fry's web ad, then, and hope that's all need to bring to CC. Let's go shopping!

If you have one within driving distance, they'll PM you. But, If it's in another state, they probably won't.

Fry's needs to expand their business.

Originally posted by ibwalkn2
This is a [H]ot deal.....

Fry's has WD 120gig 7200rpm 8mb Cache (WD1200JBRTL) Hard drive on sale for:
$108.99 in store price - $50 MFR MIR = $58.99 AR

Circuit City has the same drive for:
$129.99 in store price - $50 MFR MIR - $20 CC MIR = $59.99 AR

But go to Circuit City and get them to Price Match Fry's In Store price for this [H]ot Deal......
$108.99 - $50 MFR MIR - $20 CC MIR = $38.99 AR

This does not start until Sunday April 4, 2004. Good Luck and happy Price Matching.... :)

I personally would love to thank you for this KILLER deal. I just got back, and I easily got out with 2 of em. Time for a raid 0+1! of 360 gigs! Thanks AGAIN!

I just bought one. They gave 110% of the difference off their own price: so the $130 drive got $11 off for $119... + tax is $129. Then I get $70 off MIR, which brings it down to $60. Ten more than I expected, but still a good deal.

Originally posted by S0mE0nEsMiNd1
I personally would love to thank you for this KILLER deal. I just got back, and I easily got out with 2 of em. Time for a raid 0+1! of 360 gigs! Thanks AGAIN!
use RAID 5 at least...0+1 = teh lose.

the guy told me CC only PM's AFTER-rebate prices on both ends...soo...he was only willing to knock it down $1 from their price:mad:

you guys honestly had no trouble with the price match?

Just tell them they can keep the rebates, thier price is cheaper anyway you cut it... You can even tell them to just throw the rebates away and sell it for the instore price or $108.99.. Then got HERE and download and print them to send in... Or just try back another day.

Originally posted by jagec
the guy told me CC only PM's AFTER-rebate prices on both ends...soo...he was only willing to knock it down $1 from their price:mad:

you guys honestly had no trouble with the price match?

not one bit, infact, he said he COUDNT price match the price with the rebate (he thought i wanted it price matched to 58.99 or w/e it was and still get the rebates at first lol, then we explained that we just wanted the 108 and he was like oh yes sure of course.

If Fry's pre-rebate prices is $120 and CC's is $130, then you should get 1.1*$10 = $11 off the $130 for a final $119. (I did.)

According to CC's web site they match "advertised price" which they define as follows:

Advertised price - Any printed or electronically broadcast price that is verifiable and made available to the general public. Special offers or promotions do not qualify. This includes, but is not limited to, rebates, free-with-purchase offers, and special financing.
(Click link in http://www.circuitcity.com/cs_contentdisplay.jsp?c=1&b=g&inleftcat=Help+&+Services&incat=11061)

In other words, it is the non-promoted prices that should be compared.

Back