WD SN850 gen 4 2TB $250 at Newegg - expired

Don't buy Newegg guys, they have AWFUL customer service.
Funny, outside of an outrage youtube I have yet to ever see a large number of stories of them borking people that weren't partially the user's fault. I've used Newegg for literally 20 years and never had a real customer service problem despite needing it sometimes. Amazon on the other hand has been pretty bad generally.....

Funny, outside of an outrage youtube I have yet to ever see a large number of stories of them borking people that weren't partially the user's fault. I've used Newegg for literally 20 years and never had a real customer service problem despite needing it sometimes. Amazon on the other hand has been pretty bad generally.....
I won a 3090 on a shuffle and they tried to screw me out of $2000+ when it was stolen in transit. I filed the claim the day it was delivered, provided pictures and told them exactly what happened. They denied my claim and never told me. No updates on the site or email, etc. I've had to contact my CC to do a chargeback.

Also when I contacted support again they were not helpful at all, claimed "they can't do anything about it" total BS.

I won a 3090 on a shuffle and they tried to screw me out of $2000+ when it was stolen in transit. I filed the claim the day it was delivered, provided pictures and told them exactly what happened. They denied my claim and never told me. No updates on the site or email, etc. I've had to contact my CC to do a chargeback.

Also when I contacted support again they were not helpful at all, claimed "they can't do anything about it" total BS.

What was the end result?

They can still have bad customer service without being deliberate crooks. We've all seen traders with pretty decent records all of a sudden tell a (rightfully) aggrieved party to fuck off. That's when you realize all those positive feedbacks were because nothing went wrong.

The real test of a good trader or good business is what they do when something goes wrong through no fault of their customer. That's when you find out what kind of trader/business they really are.

I had the same thing happened to me twice for two seperate orders of RTX cards when Newegg still used "OnTrac" for delivery instead of UPS. Both times I had video evidence through my RING camera app that when they "delivered" my packages no one showed up anywhere on my property during these "delivery times".

Newegg had me file police reports even though OnTrac never stepped foot on my property but they eventually refunded me in full both times, probably because I had video evidence and they had no choice.

It should have a heatsink which is never an issue on most boards. Laptops usually have a thermal pad that helps. It will run warm especially if you're thrashing it. Bare naked it's going to throttle when twisted hard.

It should have a heatsink which is never an issue on most boards. Laptops usually have a thermal pad that helps. It will run warm especially if you're thrashing it. Bare naked it's going to throttle when twisted hard.
OK was gonna buy this for my laptop but I guess I'll try P31 Hynix instead

Back