WD RMA

ng4ever

2[H]4U
How long does it normally take for Western Digital to process a RMA ? General RMA not the Advanced RMA. I could of done Advanced RMA but it was not required but maybe I should have. Oh well. Not an emergency. Still curious.

Shouldn't take very long. Last time I had to RMA a drive, the entire process (file ticket, mail drive there, receive replacement) took about 8-10 business days.

For perspective, I live in the US and had to mail the drive about six states (roughly 2000 miles) west. YMMV depending on your location/destination location, WD's RMA congestion, etc.

I don't recall seeing a general/advanced RMA option the last time I did this three or so years ago, so I can't give much info on that.

Cheers!

usually less than 2 weeks. It's quite a bit shorter if you live on the west coast.
And when I was doing an RMA a few months ago, the Advance RMA option had a $25 or $35 cost that was not refundable, basically you are paying for that option. I did the normal RMA.
I did opt to buy the shipping label from them as it's heavily discounted vs going to UPS directly.

I did do an Advance RMA years and years ago and there was no fee, just a credit card to place a hold on the drive they are sending you that gets released when they receive your drive.
Oh, and they didn't have a 1TB Black in stock to send me and asked if I would take a 2TB WD Black instead. I was like, heck ya, I'll take the 2TB one.

I've done many. I usually have a replacement about 2 weeks after I sent the bad one via ground shipping from FL.

WD has the best RMA system in the business. Toshiba has the absolute worst. Do never buy one of their drives. Took me over a year to get a failed drive replaced and that was with constantly hounding them. If I had a nickel for every lie they told me I could have bought a new drive after only 3 months. Most unethical company I've ever dealt with.

WD has the best RMA system in the business. Toshiba has the absolute worst. Do never buy one of their drives. Took me over a year to get a failed drive replaced and that was with constantly hounding them. If I had a nickel for every lie they told me I could have bought a new drive after only 3 months. Most unethical company I've ever dealt with.
Took me months with my RMA with Toshiba. They didn't replace the drive, wasn't an option, they gave me a pro-rated refund on a Visa Gift card.
I had to doctor the receipt I sent them since I got the drive super cheap from Amazon due to a price error and I didn't want a pro-rated refund based on the $35 I paid for the 4TB drive.

amazon-order-cheap.jpg

Took me months with my RMA with Toshiba. They didn't replace the drive, wasn't an option, they gave me a pro-rated refund on a Visa Gift card.
I had to doctor the receipt I sent them since I got the drive super cheap from Amazon due to a price error and I didn't want a pro-rated refund based on the $35 I paid for the 4TB drive.

View attachment 380296

Ha Ha, funny you should mention this. Back when 6TB HD's were just coming out Best Buy listed one on eBay for $61.99. I jumped on it and they honored the price.

CapBESTBUYture.PNG

Don't hold back, bro! Tell us what you REALLY think!

Back