WC’ing blocks for MEM.

Randy6309

Weaksauce
I’ve been looking around at the options for WCing memory
DDR5
What I’m trying to figure out what is actually available
2nd thing is are blocks available for non IHS modules

Ugh. I kind of hate that this is a thing now.

We don't need further flow restricting blocks on our loops.

But if the heat from DDR5 is as bad as some say, I guess we are going to need them.

do you think a distro plate helps with easing flow restrictions?
I had planned to use
phanteks D-140 distro plate and
The ek-xtop revo dual D5 pump setup.

But if the heat from DDR5 is as bad as some say, I guess we are going to need them.
I haven't seen anything about that, is it just the really highly clocked DDR5?

It was a thing back in the DDR2 days. I would know as I was running such a setup on an EVGA 680i SLi Black Pearl with an overclocked Q6600.

do you think a distro plate helps with easing flow restrictions?
I had planned to use
phanteks D-140 distro plate and
The ek-xtop revo dual D5 pump setup.
Anything that puts things in series increases restriction. You will need a distribution method that puts things in parallel, but then flow balancing can be an issue. If one path has double the restriction of the other path, it'll get half the flow rate the other path does.

Anything that puts things in series increases restriction. You will need a distribution method that puts things in parallel, but then flow balancing can be an issue. If one path has double the restriction of the other path, it'll get half the flow rate the other path does.
It's simply not worth it.

Sure, it decreses restriction (as seen from the pump), but it also decreases the flow over each block, and the flow over the block is the main reason we care about restrictrion, so it is - IMHO - counter-productive.

Back