Ways to improve the on-board GPU performace?

Hi, got i7 5775C yesterday I was wondering if there are any ways to improve the performance on Iris Pro 6200.
I've increased "dedicated video memory" size in the BIOS and also changed the "power" settings in Graphics control panel to maximum performance after doing some google research. However 3DMark11 score was still identical after I changed those two settings.

To maximize on-board GPU performance:
1. use latest driver (already using the latest oc)
2. buy fast memory (I have 16GB G.Skill DDR3 2400)
3. increase the dedicated video memory size (changed from 256MB to 1GB but didn't seem to make any difference)
4. set power settings to performance in Graphics control panel (didn't seem to make any difference)

Is there anything else I can do to improve the performance? thanks

Not sure if it's possible on that chip but if you can overclock the QPI bus rate that could help. Maybe overclock the ram higher if you can. Otherwise you've done everything you can.

Reserved RAM settings don't help because Windows already automatically allocates video memory on Intel iGPUs, so you don't need to reserve a lot of RAM. Some boards allow you to overclock integrated graphics using the GPU clock speed in the bios, that would make a difference.

Don't expect miracles from integrated graphics, Iris Pro is still slower than low-end laptop GPUs.

The only thing I can think of is OCing it in bios. Most Z97 boards should have an option for that.

Hi, got i7 5775C yesterday I was wondering if there are any ways to improve the performance on Iris Pro 6200.
I've increased "dedicated video memory" size in the BIOS and also changed the "power" settings in Graphics control panel to maximum performance after doing some google research. However 3DMark11 score was still identical after I changed those two settings.

To maximize on-board GPU performance:
1. use latest driver (already using the latest oc)
2. buy fast memory (I have 16GB G.Skill DDR3 2400)
3. increase the dedicated video memory size (changed from 256MB to 1GB but didn't seem to make any difference)
4. set power settings to performance in Graphics control panel (didn't seem to make any difference)

Is there anything else I can do to improve the performance? thanks

This is a sticky wicket but...

1. Make sure your memory in bios is set to the XMP profile. Otherwise you might be running at the CPU rec spec

2. Up the GPU clock speed in the BIOS

3. You could be hitting a thermal limit. There is a total power limit (CPU + GPU). If you hit the limit one will throttle. So up the maximum power limit before throttling. (Also in BIOS)

4. Video memory is dependent upon resolution and graphics resources usage (textures etc...) 2 Gigs memory should be your bare minimum today. Most BIOSes today offer an "AUTO" setting which will allocated as much memory as requested.

Back