Water cooling kit for threadrippers

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi to all,

I'm just getting ready to build my new rig which will be based on the 3970x threadripper or one of the new zen 3 threadrippers. Are there ready made 480mm watercooling kits which you can simply buy instead of looking for each part individually? Or do you recommend against ready kits? I just want a kit that is already put together for me. I don't seem to be able to find one that is large.

I wish we can use LN continuously:)

Hi to all,

I'm just getting ready to build my new rig which will be based on the 3970x threadripper or one of the new zen 3 threadrippers. Are there ready made 480mm watercooling kits which you can simply buy instead of looking for each part individually? Or do you recommend against ready kits? I just want a kit that is already put together for me. I don't seem to be able to find one that is large.

I wish we can use LN continuously:)
I couldnt find one earlier this this year when I was looking. I ended up getting a Castle 360 AIO and it is working sufficient during long renders that take days at 100% CPU load. It can't keep the temps in the 60s or 70s though.

You'll be much better off putting a parts list together yourself. It's very simple for a no-frills CPU only loop, and if you've got the technical acumen to put together a PC in the first place then you can build a soft-tubed loop.

Absolute needs:
  • CPU block
  • Radiator / fans
  • Reservoir
  • Pump
  • 6 or 8 fittings
  • Tubing
You can get the reservoir and pump as separate units or as a combo unit. If separate you'll need 8 fittings total, if combined you'll only need 6.

Nice-to-haves:

• Drain valve / install fittings
  • Water temperature sensor
  • Aquacomputer Quadro or similar controller (if your motherboard doesn't have temp inputs)

The kits are okay, but for something like a Threadripper you'll want more specialized parts than most kits can provide.

You'll be much better off putting a parts list together yourself. It's very simple for a no-frills CPU only loop, and if you've got the technical acumen to put together a PC in the first place then you can build a soft-tubed loop.

Absolute needs:
  • CPU block
  • Radiator / fans
  • Reservoir
  • Pump
  • 6 or 8 fittings
  • Tubing
You can get the reservoir and pump as separate units or as a combo unit. If separate you'll need 8 fittings total, if combined you'll only need 6.

Nice-to-haves:

• Drain valve / install fittings
  • Water temperature sensor
  • Aquacomputer Quadro or similar controller (if your motherboard doesn't have temp inputs)

The kits are okay, but for something like a Threadripper you'll want more specialized parts than most kits can provide.

Sound like this is the only way to go. I'll come back here for consultation when I actually buy the parts. I appreciate your input. Thanks.

If you don't want to build your completely custom water loop (which I agree isn't that bad) there are shortcuts you can take, like the Koolance Exos.

It is an external radiator/reservoir/control system, so all you have to do is attach the block of choice and mount it.

They are a little pricy though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back