Watch Dogs Legion

its alright, i like the tighter narrative of 2 better and that I could use one character for everything. The switching is a neat dymamic at first, but gameplay wise its kinda akward and gets old fast.

Most of it is grindy with the goto x and push button. kinda phoned in on those missions. could have at least made an exflitration or some kind of escalation happen once you've hit button. too many of these sandbox games are constrained by old design concepts.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
from everything I've read this sounds disappointing...the open world recruitment apparently does not make the player attached to any 1 character which sort of ruins the immersion...

This is a fair criticism and probably the biggest downside to the concept.

I still feel like a middle ground would have been better where there would have been a leader/strong protagonist and you could recruit teammates and "switch off" if you felt like it or some kind of mechanism like that. I think it would have gone for a stronger story and having at least one character to grab on to.

This is a fair criticism and probably the biggest downside to the concept.

I still feel like a middle ground would have been better where there would have been a leader/strong protagonist and you could recruit teammates and "switch off" if you felt like it or some kind of mechanism like that. I think it would have gone for a stronger story and having at least one character to grab on to.

can you actually play as 1 character throughout the entire game?...or is switching mandatory?

can you actually play as 1 character throughout the entire game?...or is switching mandatory?

You can stick to one person the entire time if you want. You can switch out gear and a lot off the weapons, too.

I will say that the prestige recruits that you get if you spring for season pass (?) stand out enough and I use them far and away the most. I view them as the leaders of the group. Past them I like the spies and hitmen a lot, too.

Game feels really disjointed to me. You are thrown into the open world almost immediately with a ton of random icons showing up on the map, none of which are really explained. I chose a primary female character that looks and talks like a secretary, who supposedly has a nice car but I have no idea how to access it.

Game feels really disjointed to me. You are thrown into the open world almost immediately with a ton of random icons showing up on the map, none of which are really explained. I chose a primary female character that looks and talks like a secretary, who supposedly has a nice car but I have no idea how to access it.

Summon via ability wheel. Don't get overwhelmed by that map. Just hit your quest menu and pick a quest you want to do and just let things start unfolding. You will get the hang of it.

Summon via ability wheel. Don't get overwhelmed by that map. Just hit your quest menu and pick a quest you want to do and just let things start unfolding. You will get the hang of it.
Thanks - starting to get the hang of it. One thing that really bugs me is the driving, the way the camera pulls with the car when you turn, makes it really janky when driving something that turns really fast. Needs a free camera mode like GTAV or any other decent game with driving. I tried modifying some of the camera settings but nothing really changed.

like this
Thanks - starting to get the hang of it. One thing that really bugs me is the driving, the way the camera pulls with the car when you turn, makes it really janky when driving something that turns really fast. Needs a free camera mode like GTAV or any other decent game with driving. I tried modifying some of the camera settings but nothing really changed.

Same here. I ended up just sticking with default. GTA5 is still the best of its kind by far for this kind of game for me. I'm forever spoiled.

I definitely find that "less is more" with driving in this game.

I more or less finished this...didn't do all the side missions but, I am pretty much done with it at this point. Was pretty good, I think I enjoyed WD2 more though. The tech tree was super boring, I would have liked to have seen WAY more weapon variety, and not just ones that ONLY a specific operative can use. Should be that once you get that operative in your team, anyone can use their unique weapon. But no. Anyway, probably like a 7/10 game for me.

Found some cargo drones at the Canadian Embassy (I'm assuming it was because of all those leaf flags), and immediately wondered if I could hop on, so I was able avoid the poor driving AND being on the wrong side of the road. It is so slow, though... it seemed like I could have sprinted faster judging by the rate the 3.28084 feets tick down. Reminded me of the time I thought I could swim from Southern Attika to that volcanic island quickly in Odyssey just to avoid the loading times on an HDD.

I'll likely pick this up now and then for a quick mission or two. Nothing against Brits any more than a revolutionary in 1775 would have, but the accents and dialogue in this game specifically get to be a bit much for me and my brain/ears need a break.

We’re deploying TU 2.20 this week for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S...this will add a manual Save Game button to PC, as well as bring additional crash fixes...

PC
  • Added a manual save game button to the Pause Menu.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a Borough to not be liberated despite the player having completed all necessary activities.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted after a crash or freeze.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when one or all Operatives die.
  • Added CPU optimization that increases framerate on high end PCs in DirectX 12 mode.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game’s framerate to drop significantly when looking at water or reflective surfaces.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Operatives to go missing after the game crashed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to become pixelated with DLSS enabled and playing on the lowest available resolution.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Reflection, Ambient Occlusion and Subsurface Scattering to not save their value after changing the graphic quality from Custom to Low/Ultra and back.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash under certain rendering conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where some players would see a “Dunia Demo” error message and be unable to launch the game.
  • Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2297075

like this
The only issues I had with the game technically were sometimes character models would just be invisible for some reason. Didn't happen often but it was weird/funny when it did. And it was never all of them, just a handful.

That, and on max detail settings it was quite laggy framerate-wise. But turning down a couple of things a notch or so made it much better.

Found some cargo drones at the Canadian Embassy (I'm assuming it was because of all those leaf flags), and immediately wondered if I could hop on, so I was able avoid the poor driving AND being on the wrong side of the road. It is so slow, though... it seemed like I could have sprinted faster judging by the rate the 3.28084 feets tick down.

Yeah, but the cargo drone + upgraded spiderbot is massively OP in this game. You can just hover over/near a restricted area, throw down the spiderbot, and do almost anything you need to do without ever getting off the cargo drone. Then just float on over to another. Picked up a ton of tech points and other collectibles that way.

Almost completed the game, at first my impression was positive, but the reality is (for me) this game is horribly boring and less engaging then WD2. I remember actually getting into hot water in WD2 with LEA and security forces, in this game its near impossible to have that happen without intentionally letting it, I wonder if they where afraid to take it that far with the character swapping and potential arrest/death mechanic which is another thing I did not experience in this game at all.

Total snooze fest by the end, I'm done with Ubi games for the next few titles, they very obviously have some issues to sort out.

Skipped Valhalla, as it looks almost phoned in and I already played that game twice (Origin/Odyssey).

I'm done with Ubi games for the next few titles, they very obviously have some issues to sort out.

Skipped Valhalla, as it looks almost phoned in and I already played that game twice (Origin/Odyssey).

maybe Far Cry 6 will dare to be different...

Yeah, I have never actually reached a full 5-star wanted level in Legion. It's never gone above two and those were manufactured by the main storyline. Typically you just kill or incapacitate everyone in the vicinity and then they give up.

We’re deploying TU 2.20 this week for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S...this will add a manual Save Game button to PC, as well as bring additional crash fixes...

PC
  • Added a manual save game button to the Pause Menu.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a Borough to not be liberated despite the player having completed all necessary activities.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted after a crash or freeze.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when one or all Operatives die.
  • Added CPU optimization that increases framerate on high end PCs in DirectX 12 mode.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game’s framerate to drop significantly when looking at water or reflective surfaces.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Operatives to go missing after the game crashed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to become pixelated with DLSS enabled and playing on the lowest available resolution.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Reflection, Ambient Occlusion and Subsurface Scattering to not save their value after changing the graphic quality from Custom to Low/Ultra and back.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash under certain rendering conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where some players would see a “Dunia Demo” error message and be unable to launch the game.
  • Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2297075
Hold up, here. Is this engine a fork of Dunia (itself a fork of CryEngine)? That would explain some things.

maybe Far Cry 6 will dare to be different...

Pretty doubtful, 5 while beautiful was a massive step backwards from 3/4 in terms of content and gameplay, and I got the impression that Farcry Apocalypse Paintball mode was even moreso.

I know one of Ubi's higher ups was let go due to some allegation (I think it was #metoo related), I firmly believe they have systemic management issues.

UConnect is awful too, every time I start it I get 2-4 authorization pop-ups, wtf are you doing ubi.

UConnect is awful too, every time I start it I get 2-4 authorization pop-ups, wtf are you doing ubi.
UConnect leaves UPlay installed, I have no idea why. I too have been getting double UAC popups, but I assumed there was some kind of minor update/install going on. I haven't had good luck with either launcher- Ghost Recon Wildlands would often silently crash UPlay in the background (but the overlay and whatever would still run in the game just fine). I could never get FC5's multiplayer working properly (so I had to add it to Steam to see another PC on my own home LAN).

I would honestly say, wait for a $20 sale on this. I enjoyed it but I got it for free. I wouldn't have paid $60 or even $40 for it.

So... is there actually a strong central story in this?

I can't seem to tell after watching videos.

So... is there actually a strong central story in this?

I can't seem to tell after watching videos.

Strong? Not really. There are a few main storylines going at once, generally it's kinda like Far Cry 5 (if you played that) where you have several main "villains" to take down via a variety of missions. I guess there is one "central" storyline but they all sort of intersect in various ways.

Last edited:
Patch is live:

Watch Dogs: Legion TU 2.20 Patch Notes​

Global

• Fixed an issue that allowed players to change game difficulty and permadeath options while in the main menu.
  • Fixed an issue where a black screen could occur when opening the door to hidden rooms.
  • Super Game Over: Fixed an issue where, after getting Game Over in Permadeath Mode, players would spawn without any player characters when starting a new game.
  • Players can no longer defy space and time to open an ETO safe an infinite amount of times.
PC

• Fixed an issue where operatives would sometimes fall through the water on builds with AMD GPUs.
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on saving after exiting the game.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading the team menu.
  • Fixed a crash that might occur when using the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where lightning could get overblown during the day.
  • Optimized loading time when quitting to the main menu.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the game autodetected input devices.
  • Fixed an out of memory crash.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when enabling or disabling Ray Tracing.
  • Further optimizations made to save games to reduce the likelihood of corruption and lost progression.
Xbox (General)

• Added Arabic subtitles to the English and Russian version of the game.
  • Fixed an issue where voice over would sometimes get auto muted.
Xbox One

• Fixed an issue where a crash could occur when recruiting an Albion guard in the mission “Inside Albion”.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after longs periods of play.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the drone point of view during the “Into the Void” mission.
  • Further optimizations made to save games to reduce the likelihood of corruption and lost progression.
Xbox Series X

• Fixed an issue where the game launched in English when the console language was set to Arabic.
  • Improved graphics in instances where corruption occurred.
PlayStation 4

• Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game.
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when spawning into a new area.
PlayStation 5

• Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when resuming the game from the main menu.
  • Fix a crash that could occur when quitting the game.
  • Fixed a black screen that could occur when playing the “Inside Albion” mission.
Stadia

• Fixed an issue where lightning could get overblown during the day.
  • Optimized loading time when quitting to the main menu.

I'm still downloading this game lol I've been downloading for 30+ hours like 6 games I bought during the Steam sale.

Watch Dogs Legion multiplayer is delayed indefinitely on PC

Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs: Legion's multiplayer mode has been delayed indefinitely on PC..."We've identified an issue in the PC version that can cause the game to crash for players with certain GPUs," the development team said in a statement on Twitter, noting that it was working to fix the issue. "In the meantime," the statement continues, "we've made the decision to wait to launch the PC version until this is fixed. We will communicate the new launch date as soon as possible."...

https://twitter.com/watchdogsgame/status/1367928214824378368
WD3.jpg

like this
Nomad Group presents Watch Dogs Legion ScriptHook, an officially Ubisoft-approved modification including Trainer functionality. Allowing the creation of custom Lua scripts, Legion ScriptHook empowers you to experience London in entirely new ways.

Watch Dogs: Legion: Bloodline DLC Announce Trailer

Aiden Pearce is back!...Discover Bloodline, the expansion that brings Aiden and Wrench back to Watch Dogs...

like this
how is the ray-tracing in this game?...I thought I read that it was pretty good...the Bloodline DLC just came out and is getting decent reviews...I might have to pick this up on Uplay...

how is the ray-tracing in this game?...I thought I read that it was pretty good...the Bloodline DLC just came out and is getting decent reviews...I might have to pick this up on Uplay...
it's pretty good, performance is much harder on my system than say, the Doom Eternal update. the reflections on things like car windows do add a lot to the experience though.

it's pretty good, performance is much harder on my system than say, the Doom Eternal update. the reflections on things like car windows do add a lot to the experience though.

how is the game overall?...better then the first two Watch Dog games?...I liked the first one...I have WD2 but haven't gotten around to playing it

Watch Dogs: Legion: Assassin's Creed Crossover Trailer

Discover Darcy, a member of the Assassin’s Brotherhood, available as a new playable character for Season Pass owners...

like this
Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs: Legion will be available as a free-to-play game this weekend...from September 3 to September 5, the game will be available to be played for free on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Stadia, and PC (Ubisoft Store/Epic Games Store)...in addition, players will be able to pre-load the game starting today, September 1st...

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...-watch-dogs-legion-for-free-from-september-35

how is the game overall?...better then the first two Watch Dog games?...I liked the first one...I have WD2 but haven't gotten around to playing it
I think I enjoyed WD2 more, but it's similar. I finished Legion but didn't feel compelled to do the optional post-game content.

what about the ray-tracing implementation?...I hear it's pretty good
Yeah, the reflections on the cars and buildings look really nice. There are some nice totally mirrored buildings in the game that really take advantage of it. I seem to recall performance being decent for the most part as well.

Back