Watch Dogs Legion

LOL nice benchmark it's all violence I have mixed feeling about this game they let anything go.

de5b1c1b1ffb67459b07a72b520dd6fc1b965b942fc6501ff76a1548d42fc6d5.gif

I'd like to see performance on older cards that everybody actually has right now versus some 3080 or 3090 that's basically the Cyberpunk 2077 or Star Citizen of video cards.

I saw 3 reviews and all graded it an 8/10...sounds solid...nothing spectacular, more of the same with the main difference being the open world recruitment

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'm ok with that, the HD texture pack also just became available for me to download on Ubisoft launcher

like this
Does this have any connection to the previous 2 games story wise?

ran ok for me so far, looks great with the RTX features. melee combat is upgraded and controls feel better than watchdogs 2.

New NVIDIA drivers are also available 457.09

Last edited:
like this
This game is better than 1 and 2 all told. I'm very happy with it. I had one CTD so I updated my GPU driver and so far that's been it.

O yeah i forgot i got the free code for this game. Going to have to give it a whirl, although struggling to get 60fps at 4k on a 3090.....blah might be time to finally use DLSS.

Been hearing bad things about performance...I guess I will find out when my 3080 gets here and I get a code.

Been hearing bad things about performance...I guess I will find out when my 3080 gets here and I get a code.
Yeah, the performance is not so great, especially for the quality. (About 40 fps when I stop recording, occasional dips below).

Just a simple 1-2 min video I ran, cranking everything up to extreme. Some compromises are going to need to be made. Fortunately though, with GSync, it runs smooth enough.

It has been running fine for me at 7 hours playtime. About the only thing I noticed is a few people getting hit by vehicles which is more hilarious than anything.

Performance is disappointing. 4k, everything maxed, dlss balanced, get around 40 fps outdoors with a 3080. Gpu usage hanging around 75% which is odd.

So, I dropped down everything to as low as possible. Only mid 50s @ 1440p. If I go DX11 with everything off, it's about 80-90 fps. At even bumping the resolution to 4k, my fps isn't dropping that much. Everything maxed out, and still getting 30 fps.

I'd say CPU limiting, but if you look at the video I recorded, none of the cores are ever hitting more than 70%.

*EDIT*

So, I moved my audio out to my 2080 TI, rather than having my 3090 drive 3 monitors, and I gained a boost in about 3-4 more fps.

Last edited:
Performance is disappointing. 4k, everything maxed, dlss balanced, get around 40 fps outdoors with a 3080. Gpu usage hanging around 75% which is odd.
There is something to that as I see my 3090 is barely hitting 400w when I am playing and also have lower than expected GPU usage.

I'm having fun.

Having spent time with the game for several hours today so far the only real quibbles I might have would be:

1.) I think a central character would have helped tighten some things and have a leader or a handful of leaders to rally around.

2.) I like the recruiting but it's easy to allow yourself to get overwhelmed. I'm being picky about who I try and recruit. I am looking for granny. ;)

It's a refined part 2 in terms of gameplay. I am trying to be lethal as little as possible but I can make headshots with the stun gun or any other gun very nicely in this. There is a lot to do on the map but some of it is bloat but it's negotiable. There are a lot of nice gadgets and toys to play with and I've found myself spending time trying to experiment.

Can you hide the small circular reticle in the center of the screen when the weapon is holstered? Assuming it's still there like in WD2. I realize the reticle goes away when you draw a weapon in WD2 if it's turned off in options.

Apparently EVGA 3090 owners get this game for free even though it's barely mentioned anywhere on their website and nowhere on the packaging/web-store. I found the instructions in their forums. Guess I'll give this a whirl after all.

for the characters what I'm finding is that I enjoy the melee combat and I haven't really spent to much time shooting but I'm going to try that today. I'll be recruiting one character that has the most of each type of specialty and then I'm going to look for more of the unique characters like granny or a character that has a problem with hiccups or flatulence.

like this
I am actually seeing more of a story and backdrop than I expected. I still stand by my "a lead protagonist would have helped" but I've taken some weight out of that. This is working. The links with the previous games are the tech companies, your hacker group (all of these are international) and thus far I have not seen anything past that yet but we will.

I am going to say this has exceeded my expectations in a few areas.

See here: https://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-legion-will-include-another-assassins-cree-1845291666

It's become a known thing that Ubisoft has Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed sharing a universe or doing a lot of broad winks at each other so that will be interesting and fun to play.

Source code leaked this morning.
I assume it was the hackers who threatened a few weeks ago. The whole package is 560 GB.

I am actually seeing more of a story and backdrop than I expected. I still stand by my "a lead protagonist would have helped" but I've taken some weight out of that. This is working. The links with the previous games are the tech companies, your hacker group (all of these are international) and thus far I have not seen anything past that yet but we will.

I am going to say this has exceeded my expectations in a few areas.

See here: https://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-legion-will-include-another-assassins-cree-1845291666

It's become a known thing that Ubisoft has Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed sharing a universe or doing a lot of broad winks at each other so that will be interesting and fun to play.

Probably feels like nobody is running the show so you don't gain on anything.

like this
Probably feels like nobody is running the show so you don't gain on anything.

Which makes sense with the concept.

I will say that the prestige recruits stand out and I view them as the "leaders." I also like the "spies' and "hitmen", too.

Last edited:
Just tried the game, it's about a hundred times better than Watch Dogs 2, based on the first hour. I didn't care at all for that hipster bs. This seems much more interesting, and the gunplay and melee both are pretty good. Just won the slaughterhouse tournament, and recruited two fighters from there. So far I don't know what's the point of recruiting. But I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Game looks pretty good, and it automatically set everything to ultra and doesn't seem slow at all. It stutters sometimes during interactions but I Think that's a programming issue not a performance one. Plays smooth otherwise.

legion.jpg

I think the game is just OK. Feels like open world but the plot keeps you going in one direction. Not all players can shoot guns. I never played the original so maybe I just am wishing it is something it isn't.

And can't even max it out at 4k with a 3090. Really?

Just tried the game, it's about a hundred times better than Watch Dogs 2, based on the first hour. I didn't care at all for that hipster bs. This seems much more interesting, and the gunplay and melee both are pretty good. Just won the slaughterhouse tournament, and recruited two fighters from there. So far I don't know what's the point of recruiting. But I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Game looks pretty good, and it automatically set everything to ultra and doesn't seem slow at all. It stutters sometimes during interactions but I Think that's a programming issue not a performance one. Plays smooth otherwise.

View attachment 297416

I'm glad and frankly amazed to see you like this game this much so far. ;)

Recruiting: Be picky. Basically look at what potential recruits bring to the overall table and especially if someone has some weapons, tools, and tricks that you want to play with yourself. I have a lawyer and a paramedic that I recruited that I don't use but they break people out of jail and heal them out of hospitals faster and so forth. Things like that.

This is definitely the best of the series so far for me. It doesn't take itself too seriously and it doesn't try to be more than what it is. Good fun.

from everything I've read this sounds disappointing...the open world recruitment apparently does not make the player attached to any 1 character which sort of ruins the immersion...

Back