Want to mine - Luxembourg

ptk1985

n00b
Hello everyone,

I want to start mining crypto in my basement, but I am new and live in Luxembourg? some Information is needed

What is your power rate? What do you have for a computer or are you planning on buying specialized hardware?

What is your power rate? What do you have for a computer or are you planning on buying specialized hardware?
hello,
I am planning to buy GPU and looking for motherboard aswell .. for the specific hardware i am not sure. I want to mine Ethereum. power rate I am thinking 4000W

Your cost per kwh is what I mean. That will largely determine whether it is profitable for you to mine vs just outright buying the coins with the capital you would otherwise spend on hardware and electric.

Since that is marginally more than what I pay (converted to USD), I'd highly recommend just buying ETH instead of buying hardware and hoping to ROI on it. If you're planning on building a gaming rig anyway where you would otherwise have a sunk cost, then that's different but if it's strictly to make some money, you're better off buying the coins.

Since that is marginally more than what I pay (converted to USD), I'd highly recommend just buying ETH instead of buying hardware and hoping to ROI on it. If you're planning on building a gaming rig anyway where you would otherwise have a sunk cost, then that's different but if it's strictly to make some money, you're better off buying the coins.
thank for the information :)

Yeah thats at least triple the rate I pay, and in 24 hours I net about $2.40.

In other words, its not profitable for you at all, you're better buying and holding

Yeah thats at least triple the rate I pay, and in 24 hours I net about $2.40.

In other words, its not profitable for you at all, you're better buying and holding
well how does the french one the price are the same like in Luxembourg? but if i want to try like buying 3 grapgic which one you advice ?

If you're wanting to buy cards to churn for coins. Radeon 5700 series are the best bang for the buck.
If you can find a 2070 Super close to their price, it would win on a 1:1 battle, but you can score a 5700 used for probably under $300 USD now.

If you're wanting to buy cards to churn for coins. Radeon 5700 series are the best bang for the buck.
If you can find a 2070 Super close to their price, it would win on a 1:1 battle, but you can score a 5700 used for probably under $300 USD now.
thank for the information, well if I bought 6 * 5700 + motherboards are the PCIe or PCI ? need also adapter do you think the one in ali express are fine?

You would probably make just as much or even more with less investment on beermoney apps....

good, what is ur OS ?
the soft ur using to mine ?
what crypto ur mining ?

Switzerland here, have a 3090 OC and mining ETH, KW/H is 0.25€ uber expenssive, still with 110 MH/S in theory and according to minerstat and Nicehash website/soft, i'll get 200 CHF/month electricity cost deducted (just the wattage of the GPU not of the whole comp, Im working on it during the day)

If you're mining on your primary PC and you have something like a 3080 you're looking at around 8 to 9 euros per day with a cost of approx. 1.32 euros (500watts/1000wattsx .11 euro x 24 hours) a day for a profit of 7-8 euros a day. So you can make it work.

If you're mining on your primary PC and you have something like a 3080 you're looking at around 8 to 9 euros per day with a cost of approx. 1.32 euros (500watts/1000wattsx .11 euro x 24 hours) a day for a profit of 7-8 euros a day. So you can make it work.
per day on my 3090 OC : Total 6.9 CHF electricity cost deducted, so monthly predictions :

Electricity
-57.31 CHF
Total
213.85 CHF

true, just bought 10 ETH on market, made 150€ in 10mn , that's a full month of benefit. cons : i could have lost 150€ also.

true, just bought 10 ETH on market, made 150€ in 10mn , that's a full month of benefit. cons : i could have lost 150€ also.
just bought/sold 10 ETH again yesterday, got 440€ in 12hours same cons so the question is legit. But i would like to start my RIG asap also for the "$cience"

Back