Want a Big and Tall (350lbs) office chair with genuine(full grain) leather. Suggestions?

Stiletto

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm sick and tired of bonded leather/pleather that starts flaking off and shedding little bits of crap all over the carpet, but unfortunately this seems to be the majority of office chairs out there. I'm also not a fan of the mesh chairs as I don't like the texture. I also need the chair to support 350 pounds of weight. It seems like these requirements are really hard to satisfy on most office furniture sites, and especially at office furniture stores I've been to. I basically want a chair with top grain leather so it will last for quite a while. Anyone know where to look for a high-end high-back executive-style chair?

Reactions: xx0xx
like this
Same, have wanted a real leather chair for the longest time, but I don't think they exist. It all is various bs terms, like LeatherSoft from the URL above. Probably the only way to get one will be to buy a regular chair and get it upholstered in leather. Will probably cost 500+ for the upholstery though.

Same, have wanted a real leather chair for the longest time, but I don't think they exist. It all is various bs terms, like LeatherSoft from the URL above. Probably the only way to get one will be to buy a regular chair and get it upholstered in leather. Will probably cost 500+ for the upholstery though.
They do exist, but extremely hard to find and insanely expensive. Most chairs I've seen that I've confirmed had actual "Genuine Leather" (cow hide) are over a grand in price.

TBH, I was thinking of replacing the pneumatic cylinder in mine then going to the local leather shop in town. I would tear out the old cushion and replace it then just staple some cowhide to the outside, looks be damned. My chair would at least be cheap and confortable that way.

The wife and I each have a Serta Jennings chair and they both have been great. Almost 2 years of use and no issues

You can buy a full tanned cow hide for around $100 ish. Maybe take it to a tailor or upholstry store and have them sew it on?

The Secret Labs chairs come in leather, I was looking at the Titan and it was 800 for the leather version. With your weight, you may need to look at their Titan XL version, I don't remember what they had that one priced at. Might check them out.

Find an upholsterer nearby. They'll do whatever, seriously cool to see the car guys getting their seats redone in something truly unique and high quality

Back