Vote: Chimp Challange participation

Should the [H]orde participate in the Chimp Challange?

• Yes

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 70.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
Ok, well I'm sick of all the bickering back and forth in the other thread about why we should or shouldn't do it.. there are a lot of folders that don't typically post so having this poll might be the only way to get their responses..

I do not want to see any arguing going on in this thread.. keep that crap in the other one.

Please vote yes, no, or undecided and post your reason for what you voted and that is it.. nothing else.. if the bickering and arguing floods over to this thread i will have it closed..

My reason is it caused a lot of negative and from what I've seen no positive in years past, so I'd rather avoid the problems outright and keep the team together as we are now.

I voted yes, I think it can be handled in a civil way this year IF it is made clear up front that member participation is completely voluntary and that the race ends when the first team hits the goal amount
ending when the first team passes the number for this year.

These seemed to be the two biggest items argued over last year. By making those two points clear upfront participation could be enjoyable again.

My reason is it caused a lot of negative and from what I've seen no positive in years past, so I'd rather avoid the problems outright and keep the team together as we are now.

This, definitely. The WCG Xmas challenge was fun and showed we can work as a team, but last year's mess makes the CC a no-go in my book.

Fuck no!

Because some people will not leave others alone about not participating no matter how many times it's been said as shown in the last two years.

Again, fuck no!

I voted no. I'm lazy and wouldn't change over my machines. Generally I do not touch my machines unless something is wrong. Why change something that isn't broken.

I'd have to agree with Smoke.... it was sort of "okay" the first time, the second time we tried all the bitching really turned me off on it.

Wait, did I just post here in DC? ;)

Fuck no!

Because some people will not leave others alone about not participating no matter how many times it's been said as shown in the last two years.

Again, fuck no!

Popcorn: Yes, CC: No

Not with the bitching and finger-pointing like last year. That did not leave a good impression with it being my first CC. I just want to work on getting more 'D' for now.

I voted for the guy in Italics.. oh wait, wrong poll.

No one is undecided?

What is wrong with you people?

Ya'll have your firm opinions and you stick to them?

I thought this had already been covered in the last thread. I'm voting no, and that's my final answer.

Fuck no!

Again, fuck no!

The above is my reasoning as well - And I'm doing BOINC projects more now so...

I think [H] should participate in the Chimp Challenge. It is one of the largest teams in the world, and this is the sort of thing that should be done in order to bring some more attention to the team. However, in light of the fact that some people seem to regress to their preschool days during the challenge, I would say that unless that particular stumbling block can be overcome, the team should not become involved in an event like this because it will end up doing more harm than good.

My boxen will be switched off due to going on holiday.
So I won't be takeing part.
But I've still voted no anyway, due to it causing more agro than its worth.

Luck ......... :D

Fuck no!

Again, fuck no!

Well said, and I agree 100%. Didn't work in the past, and I don't think it would this time.

Well I would like it if the Horde did, but im afraid that it would be a detriment to the team as a whole so I have voted no.

But if we do I will switch over.

I did the CC my first year with the team (2 years ago). It was fun and we were a force to be reckoned with. Last year, not so much. It IS strictly voluntary and I agree there was a lot of finger pointing and a lot of words said that can't be taken back.

For now, my note is no. Will I change my mind? Possibly, but highly unlikely.

I voted Undecided. If the team decides to go for it, I'll switch.
Even though that damn dirty ape will pass me and that mad scientist who's name starts with a K. :D

I voted Undecided. If the team decides to go for it, I'll switch.
Even though that damn dirty ape will pass me and that mad scientist who's name starts with a K. :D
Sweet, only 42 votes needed to get our first undecided vote! Now, will we get a second? :p

Lol, landslide no and 1 "eh"

I said no, but I may put a ps3 and gpu on MPC just because

I don't think it's really worth all the trouble, as stated we've done other competitions both in house and multi-forum
those worked, but with last year being my first CC as well (lurked thru the one before that) it just created too many problems and didn't solve any

but I'll help out MPC, that's my next team of choice and closest thing to a sister forum (many of us have accounts there too)
and I think that's where Alan went, and I'd rather help a former horde member's team who switched for a good (although unknown) reason
once a horder, always a horder
(this doesn't apply in my book to those that jumped ship for EVGA's reasons, but that's my opinion and I'll not go into that here)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I am saying yes only because if handled correctly this could be the type of thing that we could use to do some recruiting. With the correct run up PR this could help us. We need something to keep EVGA off our backs after all.

I agree though, something must be done to make sure people don't start finger pointing about not switching over.

NO! besides the tigger is going to sleep i may not pass but ill be a few mil closer

I just think a PR comp between us and EVGA would end very bad for us

it's hard to get PR here outside of our own efforts, we had to push to get the little bit we have now
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I am saying yes only because if handled correctly this could be the type of thing that we could use to do some recruiting. With the correct run up PR this could help us. We need something to keep EVGA off our backs after all.

I agree though, something must be done to make sure people don't start finger pointing about not switching over.

yes it could be used for that.. but it never does.. we end up losing more people then we gain in the long run.. happens every time..

I thought this had already been covered in the last thread. I'm voting no, and that's my final answer.

possibly.. but take note how many votes there are and then the actual unique posters in the other CC thread.. pretty much proves my original statement in the opening post to this thread.. there are a lot of people that view this forum section that dont post at all..

I voted for Change !

nothing2add.gif

Such was the rationale last year but it didn't pan out that way and there's every indication it wouldn't this year either unfortunately. The recruits we received were not sufficient to balance the negativity the competition caused and the consequent loss in membership. Even if there is a balance with no net loss of membership, the drama itself and the wounds it inflicts is not worth participating, in my own opinion. I don't know about the first year, but last year I distinctly remember the team's production was lower at the end and post-CC than it was prior its commencement. When I noticed this last year, I realized the CC was hurting more than helping. Our participation in the CC this year would likely have benefited EVGA in probabilistic terms.

Nothing can be done with conclusive results and there's at least one important reason why. New recruits simply do not have the history and thus the experiential knowledge or even the interest in overall team cohesiveness. They just want to play the game, so to speak, because that's what brought them in and are not concerned about legacy, membership numbers and primary objectives. They also do not harbor as much (if at all) willingness to follow DC forum etiquette since they're new and what matters to them above everything else is the CC. They will call out members specifically, create threads and stir the pot that in the long run is highly detrimental to the team. Not all new recruits during the CC have behaved that way, but I've seen it happen on both previous occasions and it was nearly impossible to avert.

That made my day. The guy watching poor little Noah the guilty feeling monkey says to it "give me kisses" while walking around the blood splatters from the owner it bit and sent to the hospital.

BTW is this a video a metaphor for the situation with the CC and the [H]orde? Or am I thinking too hard for a Friday?

Sorry man, been out of town the last couple of days.

Just posted related to your comment about giving me a nickle and a pat on the head, not the C.C. :)

I voted yes, you guys could use what you learned in passed challenges to make this one a better one. Rather than avoid a situation it would be better to conquer it.

just my .02

I vote no as well.

1) it's irritating
2) constant bickering
3) it servers no significant benefit to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back