Verizon Wireless Switching Pixel 4XL to 6 pro. I'm getting 5g (I think) on a 4g plan.

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
So I just got my pixel 6pro unlocked and have been unable to download the e-sim even after hours in chat with support. Verizon site says my esim is not valid / not compatible or something when I try to do it myself. support couldn't activate it on their end either.

I am on an old unlimited 4g plan from verizon so maybe that is why? Anyways I decided to just pop in my old sim from my 4XL and everything appears to be working. The phone even says it is connected to the 5g network. I guess there is no point in paying the extra $10 a month for a 5g plan then?

I am on an old VZ unlimited plan from ~2009 and did the same thing. Swapped from S10+ to P6Pro and get the 5G signal in some areas. I went into the Verizon store to see if I could get the buy one, get $1000 off another and the deal made you switch to the premium 5G plan and do payments on the device.

I left and bought a slightly used P6Pro off swappa. Works great.

Was it an unlocked phone or was it an unlocked Google Fi version of the phone? I had the same problem with a Pixel 5a. Turns out the GoogleFi version isn't whitelisted by Verizon and is "incompatible." Very much functionally capable of running on Verizon, just not whitelisted by their powers that be.

Back