Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

I wasn't very optimistic that this game would ever get released but a complete reboot with a new team probably has the best chance of getting the project out of development hell. Hopefully any recycled assets don't end up making the game look too dated by the time it releases but I could overlook that if it's a good game that matches the tone and feel of the first game(except the broken part).

"Okay" is probably being a bit kind. That looks straight-up last gen and it's both choppy and laden with motion blur. They better polish this game a whole lot or it's going to be hard no for me.

"Okay" is probably being a bit kind. That looks straight-up last gen and it's both choppy and laden with motion blur. They better polish this game a whole lot or it's going to be hard no for me.
Yeah I was being generous. The melee punching was almost funny in how meh it was. Never a good idea to hire a developer with no experience making combat games to implement combat in your game. Hopefully the ranged combat is better.

The story, character writing, and general world design made the original so good despite its many, many, many shortcomings. Hopefully the same can be said of the sequel, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I never played the original so I have nothing to base the new gameplay against...

Does not look great to me. Gameplay from 2002 and some of those graphics look like it as well. Here is a screen grab.

1706726042002.png

I don't think anyone's playing this game for its cutting-edge graphics engine or GPU-breaking visual technology.

Now now, we don't want to encourage shoddy games, do we?
Eh, Shoddy versus "graphics aren't the focus" are different. as long as the art style and direction are good and the technology is good enough to fully realise the style, then it doesn't need to be cutting-edge.

I mean, look at Lethal Company. That game is breaking records and making millions and it ACTUALLY looks shoddy, like a PS1 game.

Eh, Shoddy versus "graphics aren't the focus" are different. as long as the art style and direction are good and the technology is good enough to fully realise the style, then it doesn't need to be cutting-edge.

I mean, look at Lethal Company. That game is breaking records and making millions and it ACTUALLY looks shoddy, like a PS1 game.
That would be fine, but the gameplay they showed doesn't look good. It's to be expected since The Chinese Room has only made walking simulators up to this point, and they're not even good at that. They made the worst game in the Amnesia series.

Back