Valhalla ultra at 4096 2160

Question is it my card or the game. Valhalla at 4096 2160 I have got mostly everything at ultra or high and I play at 4096 2160 it's around 29fps but it randomly looks like its lagging but I don't see framerate drop. Is it the game or my 2060 Super gasping for air. I have it oc'd to the max and don't have issued from odyssey or other games at ultra. I get around upper 30 fps on odyssey no lag.

Question is it my card or the game. Valhalla at 4096 2160 I have got mostly everything at ultra or high and I play at 4096 2160 it's around 29fps but it randomly looks like its lagging but I don't see framerate drop. Is it the game or my 2060 Super gasping for air. I have it oc'd to the max and don't have issued from odyssey or other games at ultra. I get around upper 30 fps on odyssey no lag.
Also here is a benchmark of my system to go along with what I am saying. Benchmark

its your card not being able to keep up. lower a couple settings, aa first.
Pendragon1,
Is there anything under a 3080 I can get that's actually available that would solve this for me? Would a 2070 Super give me the same result?

Even an RTX 3090 won't get you 60 fps in this game at 4K.

1606592628504.png

So you'll have to turn settings down a lot, or run at a lower resolution.

I would recommend trying a 21:9 custom resolution, this can help performance and I think the widescreen image looks better.

View attachment 303770

I would recommend trying a 21:9 custom resolution, this can help performance and I think the widescreen image looks better.
Thanks for that! The only reason I bump to 4096 2160 from 3840 is the noticeable increase of lighting and sharpness I am gaming on a C9 LG OLED tv and that may be why but that bump is a world of difference in quality for me. I feel like I am stuck at that resolution. I could put to 1440 and have 120hz refresh rate sure but its so ugly.
What is this custom resolution you are talking about?

Nothing less then a 3080 or 6800xt will get you close to 60fps at 4k max settings. Even then they still struggle. Also stop using userbench. It is a garbage tool.
Dang dude where are we its 2020 why cant we do it yet and why do they talk about 8k when we can't even do max 4k. I would settle for solid 40fps at max 4k.

Dang dude where are we its 2020 why cant we do it yet and why do they talk about 8k when we can't even do max 4k. I would settle for solid 40fps at max 4k.
thats exactly why we all laughed at the nvidia 8k claims. we arent at a consistent ultra settings 4k/60 yet. look for a better card or compromise on some settings to get your 40+.

thats exactly why we all laughed at the nvidia 8k claims. we arent at a consistent ultra settings 4k/60 yet. look for a better card or compromise on some settings to get your 40+.
With the setting I set it at I mentioned above would a 3070 stutter if I kept it at 4096 it seems when I stay above 30fps things stay smooth. I imagine the 10gb of vram over the 8gb my 2060 super offer would help with that? I guess what I am saying is if I can't get 60fps consistent would a 3070 that gets around 40 not lag.

With the setting I set it at I mentioned above would a 3070 stutter if I kept it at 4096 it seems when I stay above 30fps things stay smooth. I imagine the 10gb of vram over the 8gb my 2060 super offer would help with that? I guess what I am saying is if I can't get 60fps consistent would a 3070 that gets around 40 not lag.
maybe, if you really dont want to turn down settings. whats the rest of you system spec btw?

Lower the Volumetric Clouds one notch (that's always a fps killer with AC games)

Also, turning off Depth of Field actually yields frames. But I always turn that off anyways..

- With the rig in my signature I'm capped at 90 with G-sync on, averaging 86 fps on the benchmark. Running the High Preset and then turning off DoF and setting Clouds to medium.

I have no complaints.

How much vRAM does the game currently use for you?
6 out of 8 which in other games I get really good fps but AC games are always tricky. If I went to 7 out of the 8 I would have 2 fps and a hell of a time trying to get out of the menu lol.

Lower the Volumetric Clouds one notch (that's always a fps killer with AC games)

Also, turning off Depth of Field actually yields frames. But I always turn that off anyways..

- With the rig in my signature I'm capped at 90 with G-sync on, averaging 86 fps on the benchmark. Running the High Preset and then turning off DoF and setting Clouds to medium.

I have no complaints.
You aren't running at 4096 2160 though I bet because I turn them clouds to low I learned that in odyssey and rdr2 didn't think about DOF but I love dust particles and noticing the air in a room lol...

do what horrorshow said and lower AA too, its not really needed at 4k. see if that helps at all.

do what horrorshow said and lower AA too, its not really needed at 4k. see if that helps at all.
Ok update I turned off DOF the setting does say at higher resolutions that it can be put to low that just gave me like 10fps holy crap. Secondly Pendragon the aa setting is doing something to the water and lighting if I turn AA off it looks like the top of the water is slightly purple hue thats weird and high it looks like the carribean blue see through on low you cant even see through the water its blurry so I can't live without that on high. Still I don't see as much lag now with DOF to low that might have got me by!

I am getting almost consistent 41 fps now WOW it does drop to 36 sometimes but this is so much better. Look at attached photo that looks pretty good

Well actually that photo looks like garbage for some reason print screen doesn't show how clear it really is as what I am actually seeing.

Attachments

• Wow.jpg
    Wow.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 0
I am getting almost consistent 41 fps now WOW it does drop to 36 sometimes but this is so much better. Look at attached photo that looks pretty good

Well actually that photo looks like garbage for some reason print screen doesn't show how clear it really is as what I am actually seeing.
See .png maybe its because it was a jpeg and that's lower quality

Attachments

• wow2.png
    wow2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

I have no complaints.
I just want to say thanks so much for that recommendation man you solved my issues without me having to immediately upgrade I would have had no idea that DOF affected my fps so freaking much! Should I be using my gsync it would cap at 60fps at 4096 for my OLED tv but I am only getting make 42fps and low is 36 will gysync do anything for me? I have vsync off in game.

Happy to help man!

(DoF set to High killed my FPS in Odyssey, that how I "puzzled that out")

As for Gsync, it's totally dependent on your panel. Mine is a 1080p cheapy AOC Gsync "compatible" so once I drop below 45 fps, its game over..

What is this custom resolution you are talking about?
You can set a custom resolution in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Right-click on your desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel" then click on "Change resolution" on the left. Click the "Customise" button and then "Create Custom Resolution". Enter 3840 in the "Horizontal pixels" box and 1620 in the "Vertical pixels" box and click "Test". If the screen goes black and stays black then the test was unsuccessful and you will have to wait 30 seconds for the screen to revert. If the resolution changes and everything looks good then the test is successful and you click "Yes" to keeping the setting. Tick "Enable resolutions not exposed by the display" if it wasn't ticket automatically after the test and then click "OK". Your custom resolution will now appear in the "Resolution" box. Select it and click "Apply".
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/run-games-at-21-9-aspect-ratio-on-a-16-9-monitor-tv.3058134/

After doing that, it should unlock that resolution in game (you don't have to set your desktop resolution to that). If you do that and lower some settings you may be able to get into the 50+ fps.

View attachment 303770

Using the built in benchmark, I am averaging around the 60fps mark with my 3090 and max settings at 4K:

Here is my results when sync is on and I set a frame rate cap of 58fps:
250C646E-4A43-4708-A1A4-9A832F8D9353.jpeg

Here are my results when V-sync is off and no frame rate cap:
72CF44EE-2AAA-413A-B165-3A46C3EDD819.jpeg

I do have my power limit set to 114% and an under volt clock rate curve set, but no memory overclock and no over voltage.

Good to hear, every system is a bit different, but it's just on the edge of 60 fps so not far off from the TPU image I posted.

Good to hear, every system is a bit different, but it's just on the edge of 60 fps so not far off from the TPU image I posted.
Well, it is around an 11-12% increase in frame rate over TPU’s, which is a measurable jump for the same GPU at 4K. I haven’t seen if Intel or AMD CPU’s have an advantage over one another on this game, but their test does have the CPU clocked a little over 500MHz compared to mine.

But they also did a custom test instead of the integrated benchmark, so can’t really do a direct comparison. I just wanted to mention that the 3090 is capable of averaging 60fps or better in the game at 4K max settings.

You're not doing 4K with a lower end GPU, especially on an older generation GPU for a brand new game.

I think this game hardly looks better than the last one (going from videos) to justify the performance degradation, but that aside, only a handful of games will run at max settings with your GPU with 60 frame rates. Typically older games from 3-4 years ago that weren't that demanding when they came out.

In general, for Nvidia:

**60 = 1920x1080 / 60 FPS
**70 = 2560x1440 / 60 FPS
**80 = 3440x1440 / 60 FPS
**80ti/90 = 4K / 50-60 FPS

Obviously not every game will fall exactly into these brackets, some are a lot more demanding while others will give you much more frame rates. The game you're playing is a new and demanding one.

I suggest getting a 2560x1400 monitor. If you can't afford $700-900 GPUs frequently it is the best resolution to game at.

Well, it is around an 11-12% increase in frame rate over TPU’s, which is a measurable jump for the same GPU at 4K. I haven’t seen if Intel or AMD CPU’s have an advantage over one another on this game, but their test does have the CPU clocked a little over 500MHz compared to mine.

But they also did a custom test instead of the integrated benchmark, so can’t really do a direct comparison. I just wanted to mention that the 3090 is capable of averaging 60fps or better in the game at 4K max settings.
How far is the 3080 behind that do you know anyone whose tested that with this game? I hear with the price point of the 3080 it’s not far behind the 3090.

Man Ubisoft loves to have games that run like crap :p. I don't know if the visuals justify it but geez. It can't hold 60 fps on a 3090? That is pretty absurd.

Man Ubisoft loves to have games that run like crap :p. I don't know if the visuals justify it but geez. It can't hold 60 fps on a 3090? That is pretty absurd.
I disagree, this game runs about where i'd expect it to given the scale of the game and the quality of the visuals. Wish it had DLSS support though. Unfortunately it's an AMD sponsored game this time around so it'll never get it.

I disagree, this game runs about where i'd expect it to given the scale of the game and the quality of the visuals. Wish it had DLSS support though. Unfortunately it's an AMD sponsored game this time around so it'll never get it.
I haven't seen it IRL (and won't, since I fucking hate the Assassin's Creed series) but the stuff I saw online just didn't blow me away. It looks good, but not better enough than other games that seem to run at much better FPS on benchmarks online.

I just generally am underwhelmed when there is a new game that doesn't perform well on cutting edge hardware.

Back