Using my All in one Pc as my monitor For my desktop pc audio is not working

BigZuesz

n00b
I connected my desktop pc using a hdmi extender to my all in one pc to use as a monitor the only thing that is being transferred is video i am trying to use my all in one pc speakers is there any way to transfer my desktop pc sound into them. the only reason im using it as a monitor is because i want to play on 1080p my other monitors are 720p.currently im using the small white pill speaker as an alternative but the speakers on the all in one sound way better.
Zn5PuSwv.jpg large.jpg
D5W45zM_.jpg large.jpg
tosSw0eE.jpg large.jpg

you could try a 3.5mm aux cable to go from the pc's speaker out(green) to the aio's mic port(pink) and hopefully the soundcard will have "loop back"(cant remember correct term).
edit: the blue port might even be a line in(blue)...
edit2: the term is stereo mix(for my realtek audio)

Last edited:
you could try a 3.5mm aux cable to go from the pc's speaker out(green) to the aio's mic port(pink) and hopefully the soundcard will have "loop back"(cant remember correct term).
edit: the blue port might even be a line in(blue)...
edit2: the term is stereo mix(for my realtek audio)
do you think i should connect the all in one into another external monitor and try and edit the sound settings on it cause i been trying to connect the 3.5mm with no luck.

do you think i should connect the all in one into another external monitor and try and edit the sound settings on it cause i been trying to connect the 3.5mm with no luck.
that might make it easier but you could just start playing some music and then flip the hdmi to the aio. also, if it wasnt obvious both will have to be on.
now that ive looked at that aio a little longer, im guessing the audio loops to the speakers through the hdmi as i dont see an audio cable. is there no option on the pc to output to the hdmi?

that might make it easier but you could just start playing some music and then flip the hdmi to the aio. also, if it wasnt obvious both will have to be on.
now that ive looked at that aio a little longer, im guessing the audio loops to the speakers through the hdmi as i dont see an audio cable. is there no option on the pc to output to the hdmi?
not that i can see i open my sound properties and only see these 2 available options this is my desktop pc
Desktop Screenshot 2022.01.11 - 18.22.41.84 (2).png
Desktop Screenshot 2022.01.11 - 18.22.47.14 (2).png

not that i can see i open my sound properties and only see these 2 available options this is my desktop pc
View attachment 430870View attachment 430871
k youll have to use the 3.5mm and hopefully the aio has those line in or stereo mix options and there might be a "listen" tick box in one of them. hopefully it will loop though...
edit: line in should work and be simplest and this might help
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/listen-to-microphone-through-a-playback-device

k youll have to use the 3.5mm and hopefully the aio has those line in or stereo mix options and there might be a "listen" tick box in one of them. hopefully it will loop though...
edit: line in should work and be simplest and this might help
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/listen-to-microphone-through-a-playback-device
i will give it a shot and troubleshoot further thanks for giving me some direction i have no idea what to do when it comes to audio just needed to be pointed the right way ill let you know if it works.

How are the speakers in the AIO hooked up? What are the sound properties on your AIO look like? If the sound is drawn from the HDMI, then it should work with the Nvidia Output.

If the speakers are connected internally to the speakers and not through HDMI, then you have to set up the AIO to play the source through the Mic In. Then I would switch HDMI once sound playing. If it is this way, then you basically took the AIO computer out of the equation by hooking up the desktop via HDMI cable. It is just a monitor with no speakers.

An easy test would be to take a dvd/blu-ray player or even a firestick or anything else that outputs it's sound through HDMI without messing around with a bunch of settings and see if it outputs sound.

I say, more trouble than it is worth, plug a 3.5mm cable to the green output on your desktop, then the other end into a cheap bluetooth speaker that supports aux in. probably sound better than the speakers in the AIO anyway.

I probably have one laying around you can have for the cost of shipping, lol.

How are the speakers in the AIO hooked up? What are the sound properties on your AIO look like? If the sound is drawn from the HDMI, then it should work with the Nvidia Output.

If the speakers are connected internally to the speakers and not through HDMI, then you have to set up the AIO to play the source through the Mic In. Then I would switch HDMI once sound playing. If it is this way, then you basically took the AIO computer out of the equation by hooking up the desktop via HDMI cable. It is just a monitor with no speakers.

An easy test would be to take a dvd/blu-ray player or even a firestick or anything else that outputs it's sound through HDMI without messing around with a bunch of settings and see if it outputs sound.

I say, more trouble than it is worth, plug a 3.5mm cable to the green output on your desktop, then the other end into a cheap bluetooth speaker that supports aux in. probably sound better than the speakers in the AIO anyway.

I probably have one laying around you can have for the cost of shipping, lol.
yeah i looked into it and both the hdmi and audio are hooked up separately i will try to play the source through the mic in to see if it works

right now my white speaker i was using finally gave out lmao i went to office depo and bought a 30 dollar bluetooth adapter so i can use my airpods with it since my desktop pc motherboard didnt come with bluetooth or wifi or even on board graphics for that matter but thats a whole other story

i will let you know if it works thanks for the offer but ill stick to this until i can get this aio speaker to work.

You might be able to hook up directly to the speakers if you disassemble the aio. They may be connected directly to the aio's motherboard via a header. But in that case, you'll have to figure out what kind of signal is on that cable, and make/buy an appropriate adaptor.

You might be able to hook up directly to the speakers if you disassemble the aio. They may be connected directly to the aio's motherboard via a header. But in that case, you'll have to figure out what kind of signal is on that cable, and make/buy an appropriate adaptor.
im going to have to get some prying tools to open the plastic latches to get this AIO computer open i been meaning to open this computer either way the thermals are horrible saw on a video that there's no fan in the computer other than one on the cpu cooler

Last edited:
Well, if you are going to crack it open........

1) rig some better speakers into the AIO (passive) and wire out the +/- on each speaker with speaker wire; whatever you can stuff in there; parts express, ebay, amazon, whatever. In the install, you are not going to have many options and sound quality will be limited. try to isolate the speaker wire as much as possible, maybe a hole it the back cover, to avoid interference with the analog signal.

2) get a cheap amp, like 10wx2 or 25x2 for stereo. like very cheap; <$20.
Ideally, two inputs to the amp, and you can switch the system playing from the amp

3) if amp does not have 2 inputs, get an audio switch that matches the input on your cheap amp to switch the audio between the two computers (3.5mm to 3.5mm, 3.5mm to RCA, etc.)

Then use the switch to to choose which system you want to play sound......

Just random thoughts.

Seems like the most important thing for you is having speakers inside the AIO/monitor case.......

Well, if you are going to crack it open........

1) rig some better speakers into the AIO (passive) and wire out the +/- on each speaker with speaker wire; whatever you can stuff in there; parts express, ebay, amazon, whatever. In the install, you are not going to have many options and sound quality will be limited. try to isolate the speaker wire as much as possible, maybe a hole it the back cover, to avoid interference with the analog signal.

2) get a cheap amp, like 10wx2 or 25x2 for stereo. like very cheap; <$20.
Ideally, two inputs to the amp, and you can switch the system playing from the amp

3) if amp does not have 2 inputs, get an audio switch that matches the input on your cheap amp to switch the audio between the two computers (3.5mm to 3.5mm, 3.5mm to RCA, etc.)

Then use the switch to to choose which system you want to play sound......

Just random thoughts.

Seems like the most important thing for you is having speakers inside the AIO/monitor case.......
got some external speakers gave up on trying to use the aio speakers went through too much of a headache to try and figure it out thanks for the help though

Back