used ps2 games recommendations

syn3rgyz

Gawd
yesterday i decided to pick up xenosaga at gamestop from the used section since I heard it was a really good game a while back.

but damn there are so many cut scenes and they are long and boring.

I'm thinking of going back tomm to look for another RPG to pick up and i'm looking for some recommendations. Heres a list of games I played already.

-Persona 3 and 4
-kingdomhearts 1 and 2
-final fantasy X (hows x-2 and XII btw)
-true crime L.A.

Shadow of the Colossus - do eet nao

FFX-2 is terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. If the first intro movie doesn't make you cringe 10 seconds in then I dunno about you as a man.

FFXII is...weird. Might be worth a shot but I didn't take to it. Too much of a deviation from the rest of the series.

Suikoden III is pretty good but it'll cost you a pretty penny nowadays.

Ico - also good but will cost you.

Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time is not bad if you can find it for a decent price.

There's probably more but I'm sick as a dog and it's 5am on a Saturday. Somebody kill me.

You will love FFX, you can get FF 12 as well

FFX is the best in the series imo

also don't forget those Metal Gear Solid games and GTA games, all those are very good and fun too

there's nothing wrong with Kingdom Hearts, it's a little childish though

but Shadow of the Colossus is so awesome your eyeballs will pop out in awe

not sure how long you played xenosaga. Give it a chance and the cust scenes become less and the gameplay becomes more. I do agree though that for the first part of the game it gets loaded down with them.

For your other choices I've only really played kingdom hearts and that is more of an action title than an RPG, although it is a good game. There are a lot of cut scenes to start this one out as well. It also take a while to get the story moving and figure out what's going on.

Even though it's not an RPG, I also recommend Shadow of the Colossus. It rocks. I've also got Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, but haven't played in quite some time.

Shadow of the Colossus is one of the best video games ever period. Regardless of generation or platform.

Only play Final Fantasy X-2 if you REALLY loved FFX. The battle system is one of the best of any FF game period, but you're only going to be able to stomach the girl power if you really want to relive Spira.

FF12 is one of my favorites of the series period. Great game, very different battle system, but the world was huge, and the overarching plot was epic.

Interested in stepping out of RPG's?

I went to 3 diff gamestops today and picked up dragon quest 8 and Zone of Enders both for 12 bucks. Couldn't find shadow of the collosus.
I don't mind stepping out of the rpg genre but I just find my tastes differ from the general public for other genres.

I was okay with god of war 2 but pretty much hated the metal gear series and resident evil I also despise fps on consoles

SHADOW HEARTS (1, Covenant, From the New World)

These games were wayyyyyy overlooked but are fantastic. Shadow Hearts Covenant is probably the best one, but they are all great.

Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time is not bad if you can find it for a decent price.

+1 for Star Ocean III, it was a great game, the active battle system took some time to get used to but in the end it ended up being quite enjoyable. It make the act of leveling up a little less tedious. There's a few auctions on ebay at the moment for ~ $10.

Shadow of the Colossus
Growlancer
GunGrave
Star Ocean III
Persona
Phantom Brave
Suikoden Saga (4 was kinda crap, but only if you compare it to other Suikoden games, on its own, its great)

I agree with many of the posts already on here and would also add Odin Sphere.
Great 2d graphics, english and japanese voice options with subtitles (japanese ftw).

Shadowhearts, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus are all great as well.

You could try kingdom hearts if your ok with playing as Disney characters. Its a really good game but is probably kind of hard to find now.

If you're up for a more action oriented RPG, consider Valkyrie Profile 2. A very different take on console RPG combat. Pretty fun, I thought.

For a non-rpg, give The Warriors a try.

If you're up for a more action oriented RPG, consider Valkyrie Profile 2. A very different take on console RPG combat. Pretty fun, I thought.

I'll +1 to this, great RPG, cool and different plot too. The battles were very action oriented, and as you learn it better gets less and less mashy.

Okami

Godhand

Yakuza 1 & 2

Jak II (the other Jak games are great as well, but if you only play one, make it II)

Haven't been able to find shadow of colossus anywhere I'm going to keep looking
Thanks for the recommendations I'm on the look out for the games

Xenosaga is getting slightly better
Okami is very boring
I'm enjoying dragon quest viii and zone of the Enders a lot

Quick question. Is dragon quest like final fantasy where the other series are unrelated or should I pick up and play the others first

Seems you like RPG's, but Ill throw in Twisted Metal Series. Good for riding around and destroying cars.
Played many hours on these losing to my wife, how sad, and I think i saw them on Amazon for real cheap before Christmas.

Stay away from XII if you liked X. Hugely different.

I'd recommend you pick up some legacy PS games like FF8.

Back