Use Your Phone As A Lightsaber In Chrome

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Star Wars fan you have to check out this Chrome Experiment made by Google and Industrial Light & Magic. It's a little laggy but definitely worth checking out. This also works in IE, even though it says it is developed for Chrome.

yes, quite laggy. Use your phone as a lightsaber... was a little hard with my iPhone6+

it doesn't seem to calibrate correctly, after a few swipes, my saber ends up being to the far left of the screen and impossible to move right unless I recalibrate every other swing

Pretty cool, though felt a little weird holding the phone that way (Galaxy S5). No lag for me either.

Using an LG G3 I didn't have any issues with it at all...check ya'll's connections perhaps? Stop using your Pentium Pro PC's? :-p ;-)

It was pretty fun...I'm not a Jedi though so dodging the laser blasts was a little difficult at time but I survived my first run through. Interesting concept none the less.

How is it doing this? Does it see that you are signed into your Google account with Chrome, then when you navigate your phone to the website it relays the info to each device?

Whatever the case maybe it was impressive. I had zero lag too but it was quite difficult to aim my shots.

The advertisers will love this. What a cunning way to get someone to register all of their devices. We will track you with the dark side of the force... :D

I can't get it to work on my Nokia 6210

I waited 3+ minutes and it always said my lightsaber was disconnected. #Fail.

Phone is LG G Flex 2 on ac wifi to 100Mbit up/100Mbit down connection.

Not laggy on my phone (iphone 6+), but trying to deflect blaster shots with a narrow beam of light isn't very easy. I got captured after killing maybe 10 storm troopers.

I'd suggest using your brain as a brain instead. Just try it, so much better, than giving in to the stupidity being pushed from every front.

I'll have to try this later but for some reason I feel like there maybe an issue with phones in monitors sooner or later like Nintendo's Wii-mote in TV's years ago....

I mean... I can see some people not having the best grip on there phones and they're flinging there phone around wildly. So yea..

Didn't work with Chrome on Linux until I spoofed my user-agent string to:

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2228.0 Safari/537.36

In other news, Otterbox announced a surge in demand for their rugged cases.

No go...
s6 edge +
Never connected. Just keeps issuing new address extension after the spinny thing went for a min or two.

Back