USB disconnection issues on Windows 10.

Motley

2[H]4U
Ok I have been having some major issues with USB disconnection. I am building a brand new system. Both the mouse and keyboard are affected.. I had a AMD 3600 and Asus TUF X570. Members here told me that there was a known issue on X570 chipset. Did some research and did find out that the motherboard manufacturers came out with BIOS updates to fix this issue. I updated the BIOS and still didn't fix it.

Thought this was an issue with the platform, so I returned the mobo and CPU to Microcenter. I exchanged it for an Intel 11th Gen i5 and MSI Pro Series Z590. I installed Windows and STILL THE SAME DAMN ISSUE! WTF?

Fucking Microshit, this is a goddamn windows issue. I installed Linux Mint and everything works just fine.

This is just crazy I am done with M$. No more Windows for me. Just gonna game on Linux. I was ready for a change anyways.

Wow, that's actually pretty unlucky.
I guess one way to rule out any and all USB devices would be to make sure there are no USB-related messages in the kernel output (`dmesg' command) after a day or two of using.
That or 'sudo udevadm monitor' open in an console window and occasionally peeking at it.
Code:
pi@littlepigboy:~ $ sudo udevadm
control       monitor       test          trigger
info          settle        test-builtin
pi@littlepigboy:~ $ sudo udevadm
Requires operation parameter.
pi@littlepigboy:~ $ sudo udevadm monitor
monitor will print the received events for:
UDEV - the event which udev sends out after rule processing
KERNEL - the kernel uevent

Did you do a clean install of windows? I know it is a dumb question but a lot of people here insist you don't have to do a fresh install of windows.

Did you do a clean install of windows? I know it is a dumb question but a lot of people here insist you don't have to do a fresh install of windows.
Yes I did. I formatted and installed 3 different times. Also the mouse and keyboard worked fine during install. As soon as Windows update started, I rebooted and USB issues came back.

I have been running linux with no USB issues. I will setup an Oracle VM with Windows 10 and see how things work.

I am finding now in Linux steam, that there isn't a hole lot of games for Linux. So I might have to use a windows VM, hopefully without issue.

Yes I did. I formatted and installed 3 different times. Also the mouse and keyboard worked fine during install. As soon as Windows update started, I rebooted and USB issues came back.

I have been running linux with no USB issues. I will setup an Oracle VM with Windows 10 and see how things work.

I am finding now in Linux steam, that there isn't a hole lot of games for Linux. So I might have to use a windows VM, hopefully without issue.
Motley why is this shit only effecting YOU? lol Never mind its microshits fault

sounds like someone needs a bios update and new chipset drivers...
usb selective suspend under advanced power settings? He admits its works right in the beginning before any updates? using incorrect driver/software for mouse/kb in question? its possible

usb selective suspend under advanced power settings? He admits its works right in the beginning before any updates? using incorrect driver/software for mouse/kb in question? its possible
possibly but i know that you need the newest bios, chipset drivers and windows updates to sort out the x570 usb issues. but i guess he already tossed in the towel...

possibly but i know that you need the newest bios, chipset drivers and windows updates to sort out the x570 usb issues. but i guess he already tossed in the towel...
yea Now he gonna run an intel based rig on Linux for gaming :) lol that should go well

could it be the mouse/keyboard? is it wireless also i seen this happen before on a mouse
1623861586517.png

Could be something else on the system causing a conflict. I had a problem where a PCIE USB expansion hub would cause my machine to instantly wake up from sleep. So I would press the sleep button, the machine would power down, then 2 seconds later it would wake up.

I tried everything with power management, disabled all wake on LAN/mouse/keyboard, checked device manager (everything was fine and up to date). It drove me nuts for days. But I had added some parts recently and figured out it was the USB PCIE card. I removed it and it was fixed instantly.

So it may be something like that. Try unplugging all other peripherals except mouse/keyboard and see what happens. Use just the mouse (unplug keyboard) and vice-versa. See if the problem remains. If you have any odd add-on cards, take them out too. Try to pinpoint the problem, it may be something you don't expect.

I tried everything to get it to work. I have the latest BIOS for my mobo. I disabled USB power off on the USB root hub settings. I installed the latest chipset drivers.

Playing games on linux is just fine, there are lots of games that run on linux, no complains here. If I want to play one of the new released games I can run them on my xbox series x.

I might try windows 11 when it comes out, but right now I am happy running linux.

I have a laptop where one of the "root hub" devices keeps disappearing and reappearing in the system, every minute or so. Haven't been able to figure it out yet. No amount of updates, reimages, etc seem to fix it, so I think it might actually be a chipset failure.

Just to toss this out incase it is helpful to anyone, Nirsoft's USB Log View is a nice way on Windows to see what devices are disconnecting and when.

Back