USB bootable Linux with drive imaging?

Hey guys! I'm getting ready to attempt to move my Windows install off a single NVMe drive and onto an NVMe Raid-0 array. If I can get away with it, I'd like to do so without reinstalling Windows.

I know there are Linux utilities out there for taking images and drives and writing them back, and specifically ones that can boot from a USB - I'm hoping to make use of one of these. It's been years since I've done this kind of backup and recovery though, so I'm hoping someone can give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance!

how will you add the raid drivers into the existing install so it wont crap upon boot?

how will you add the raid drivers into the existing install so it wont crap upon boot?
I dunno! I thought the motherboard handled it all and it was transparent to the OS. If not, maybe I can install the raid drivers before I image the drive? Would that work?

You can try, but the raid device isnt showing in device manager to manually add the driver, you can try pnputil to inject drivers, but its probably faster to reinstall

Back