Upgrading PC for gaming and streaming

Syribo

[H]ard|Gawd
My husband is planning to upgrade from his current CPU/mobo/RAM and I’m looking for some advice. He currently is running a 7600K, 16GB Crucial Ballistix LT DDR4-2400 RAM, and MSI Z270 Gaming 5 mobo (Paired with a 1080ti) He games a ton on it, and also streams to Twitch. His current setup has been... all over the place with streaming quality. Some games run fine and stream fine, but others are impossible to stream.

I’m assuming Ryzen is the way to go when streaming? The problem is that I can’t pick out what should be sufficient for him... I’ve only ever gone Intel. He wants to get a 3900x, which I’ve found for $599CAD right now. But I’m not sure if he actually NEEDS the 3900x for streaming? Of course I’d rather we go with a 5000 series but... supply, of course.

I also am not up to date with AMD mobos, which are good, which are subpar. Any recommendations? I should add he uses a 1080p 144hz monitor, so no 4k gaming or anything. We are hoping the 1080ti is suffice for a bit longer, as I really feel the issue is the processor. I have a 9700K and regular 1080 and have no issues gaming and streaming.

He’s hoping to spend under $1000CAD.. and the 3900x alone would eat up more than half of that, especially after the taxes here. If the border wasn’t closed, during my next visit back home to NY I’d be just buying the parts at Microcenter for much cheaper. But here we have to rely on Newegg basically. Any advice on a combo that will be good for streaming?

Personally I would be looking at spending money on a graphics card rather than a processor with that set up, sell the 1080ti and look at a 3080. The on board encoding block is sufficient.

Personally I would be looking at spending money on a graphics card rather than a processor with that set up, sell the 1080ti and look at a 3080. The on board encoding block is sufficient.
Really?! Haha I was not expecting that. I’m not sure what it is then, but my 9700K 1080 combo runs a lot better than his setup when streaming many things. I did not think the GPU would be the culprit. If anything, perhaps the slower RAM in addition to the CPU. I even just recently reformatted, cleaned it, etc. temps are always great. He can’t even stream Destiny 2 on it without the FPS completely tanking. Even Sea of Thieves ran awful when streaming.

He was planning to upgrade the GPU for sure in the coming year as well, but we thought for sure the CPU would give the bigger performance bump.

My husband is planning to upgrade from his current CPU/mobo/RAM and I’m looking for some advice. He currently is running a 7600K, 16GB Crucial Ballistix LT DDR4-2400 RAM, and MSI Z270 Gaming 5 mobo (Paired with a 1080ti) He games a ton on it, and also streams to Twitch. His current setup has been... all over the place with streaming quality. Some games run fine and stream fine, but others are impossible to stream.

I’m assuming Ryzen is the way to go when streaming? The problem is that I can’t pick out what should be sufficient for him... I’ve only ever gone Intel. He wants to get a 3900x, which I’ve found for $599CAD right now. But I’m not sure if he actually NEEDS the 3900x for streaming? Of course I’d rather we go with a 5000 series but... supply, of course.

I also am not up to date with AMD mobos, which are good, which are subpar. Any recommendations? I should add he uses a 1080p 144hz monitor, so no 4k gaming or anything. We are hoping the 1080ti is suffice for a bit longer, as I really feel the issue is the processor. I have a 9700K and regular 1080 and have no issues gaming and streaming.

He’s hoping to spend under $1000CAD.. and the 3900x alone would eat up more than half of that, especially after the taxes here. If the border wasn’t closed, during my next visit back home to NY I’d be just buying the parts at Microcenter for much cheaper. But here we have to rely on Newegg basically. Any advice on a combo that will be good for streaming?
So first what games does he normally stream and at what resolution/quality/fps? Does he share game stream only or webcam/multiple webcams?
Which games are fine and which are having difficulty? What is he using to stream direct, OBS, other?
Is it set to CPU, CPU quick sync, or NVENC encoding for the streaming if OBS/other?

Before having these answers I would guess based off what he's running now that the 3900x is probably overkill, the 3800x is going to be doubling your cores and quadrupling the threads available and $150 CAD less than the 3900x.
If you get one of the x570 motherboard you'll be future proofed for the Zen3/Zen4 chips when it does finally need an upgrade down the road or he decides he wants to stream at higher frames/resolution.

If you wanted to stay Intel they have some really great deals on the 9th gen processors, the 9900k is running $420 CAD right now with pretty solid mobo options under $200 CAD.
You get the intel quick sync capability and again double your cores and quadruple your threads (and is a faster boost than the 3800x) ~ The 9900k does need ALOT better cooling than the ryzen comparable though (if you dont have a good one I recommend one of the top end noctua D14/D15 models which are about $100 CAD)

I disagree, while a GPU upgrade would be good for gaming unless you're already using the NVENC for streaming the 1080ti shouldn't be a the biggest bottleneck for twitch streaming lagging compared to the 4c/4t CPU running at 4.2Ghz (assuming not overclocked) while a little outdated unless the graphics are set on ultra high and he's streaming very intensive games I find it unlikely that is the issue.
That said if the CPU is being used for encoding, it might be doable to switch that to the fairly powerful 1080ti to use NVENC to take the load off the CPU, which might get him by until the the 5000 series are back in stock.

As a third option, if you're retiring the 7700k core parts do you have enough spare parts to put together a dedicated second machine for streaming?
Alot of streamers game on one machine and actually stream the content via a dedicated secondary so it doesn't affect their game performance.
You could easily game fantastically on a 5600x or 3600x, and have the second gpu'less streaming machine with a capture card.

So first what games does he normally stream and at what resolution/quality/fps? Does he share game stream only or webcam/multiple webcams?
Which games are fine and which are having difficulty? What is he using to stream direct, OBS, other?
Is it set to CPU, CPU quick sync, or NVENC encoding for the streaming if OBS/other?

Before having these answers I would guess based off what he's running now that the 3900x is probably overkill, the 3800x is going to be doubling your cores and quadrupling the threads available and $150 CAD less than the 3900x.
If you get one of the x570 motherboard you'll be future proofed for the Zen3/Zen4 chips when it does finally need an upgrade down the road or he decides he wants to stream at higher frames/resolution.

If you wanted to stay Intel they have some really great deals on the 9th gen processors, the 9900k is running $420 CAD right now with pretty solid mobo options under $200 CAD.
You get the intel quick sync capability and again double your cores and quadruple your threads (and is a faster boost than the 3800x) ~ The 9900k does need ALOT better cooling than the ryzen comparable though (if you dont have a good one I recommend one of the top end noctua D14/D15 models which are about $100 CAD)

I disagree, while a GPU upgrade would be good for gaming unless you're already using the NVENC for streaming the 1080ti shouldn't be a the biggest bottleneck for twitch streaming lagging compared to the 4c/4t CPU running at 4.2Ghz (assuming not overclocked) while a little outdated unless the graphics are set on ultra high and he's streaming very intensive games I find it unlikely that is the issue.
That said if the CPU is being used for encoding, it might be doable to switch that to the fairly powerful 1080ti to use NVENC to take the load off the CPU, which might get him by until the the 5000 series are back in stock.

As a third option, if you're retiring the 7700k core parts do you have enough spare parts to put together a dedicated second machine for streaming?
Alot of streamers game on one machine and actually stream the content via a dedicated secondary so it doesn't affect their game performance.
You could easily game fantastically on a 5600x or 3600x, and have the second gpu'less streaming machine with a capture card.
He does stream with one webcam as well. I can’t even see all of the exact settings he uses as he’s on a military tasking for another week, but he’s been using Streamlabs. Although I don’t think he uses NVENC. I’m not sure if we ever tried that, actually. The games that give him the most issues is Destiny 2 and Sea of Thieves. Also when he played CoD:MW he was having major issues. Dead by Daylight is fine. Also, he can’t even have someone else’s stream open on the other screen while playing and streaming. It just slows everything down. Our internet itself is great, so it’s not that.

He runs games at 1080p, on a 144hz monitor. Not always ultra or max graphics, he generally prefers a more stable frame rate over graphic quality. But if he can do both, he does.

I still prefer Intel myself, but I mainly game only, not much streaming. But he really wants to jump ship to AMD after feeling like he’s gotten subpar performance from his 7600K. Or just to try something new, I guess? Back when I picked out the 7600K he wasn’t interested in streaming at all, so I didn’t think to go with the 7700K or anything to possibly help. But now streaming is the main way we can hang out with our friends from across our two respective countries and it’s turned into something fun. So he wants to kind of future proof as much as possible, for at least a few years.

The dedicated streaming setup actually is something I thought of, back in the US I have an old tower, PSU, and other parts that would have been perfect... but can’t get back to get them until who knows when the border opens.

When he gets home in a week, we will try with NVENC. If it goes well, then hopefully we can grab a 5000 series in stock eventually. But I think he might get impatient and want to grab a 3800x by then haha.

Sounds good, definitely try the nvenc and see where it goes, otherwise a 3800x would be a great upgrade and if you get access to your old parts down the road for a dedicated machine it would open up even more doors.

Watch for black friday/cyber mondays as they try to offload the last gen 3000 series chips you might be able to snag some good deals.

Sounds good, definitely try the nvenc and see where it goes, otherwise a 3800x would be a great upgrade and if you get access to your old parts down the road for a dedicated machine it would open up even more doors.

Watch for black friday/cyber mondays as they try to offload the last gen 3000 series chips you might be able to snag some good deals.
We definitely will watch out for sales! Do you have any recommendations for a good motherboard to pair with that? Wouldn’t mind getting a better one he can continue to use down the line. I know nothing about AMD motherboards haha.

Any of the X570s can use the new zen3 (and are expected to support zen 4 down the road). I’m a fan of gigabyte boards especially the UD (ultra durable) line they’re cheap but hardy. It comes down to what features you need and if you have brand preference. If you're not overclocking, it shouldn't matter too much anything in the $200-250 CAD range are going to be solid option in the x570 line.

There are several things to look for, one is rgb headers if you’re doing it, second what internal USB headers does your case need and compare them to what motherboard you want has, then last check QVL ram compatibility to the motherboard, you might be able to use your old ram if you need it to be budget conscious and then upgrade that later.

The X570 is the premium chipset, so it often has most basic features already.

Any of the X570s can use the new zen3 (and are expected to support zen 4 down the road). I’m a fan of gigabyte boards especially the UD (ultra durable) line they’re cheap but hardy. It comes down to what features you need and if you have brand preference. If you're not overclocking, it shouldn't matter too much anything in the $200-250 CAD range are going to be solid option in the x570 line.

There are several things to look for, one is rgb headers if you’re doing it, second what internal USB headers does your case need and compare them to what motherboard you want has, then last check QVL ram compatibility to the motherboard, you might be able to use your old ram if you need it to be budget conscious and then upgrade that later.

The X570 is the premium chipset, so it often has most basic features already.
Ahhh. See, back with my Q6600 (That chip overclocked like a champ, good times) and my 4690K I manually overclocked as high as I could. But I haven’t even manually overclocked my 9700K yet, I just do the simple one my mobo does itself haha. Eventually I would like to OC it again myself.. and would like to do a modest OC on his new processor possibly in the future, but if the motherboard can do a modest stable overclock on its own, that’s great too.

Ahhh. See, back with my Q6600 (That chip overclocked like a champ, good times) and my 4690K I manually overclocked as high as I could. But I haven’t even manually overclocked my 9700K yet, I just do the simple one my mobo does itself haha. Eventually I would like to OC it again myself.. and would like to do a modest OC on his new processor possibly in the future, but if the motherboard can do a modest stable overclock on its own, that’s great too.
Gone are the days of the 50% ocing like the q6600 g0 were.

The 9700k is a good oc’er but you have to have cooling to match as the temps get pretty high. Most of todays chips are pretty maxed out already for what standard cooling can handle, you gotta start looking at water cooling to handle the high heat of substantial voltages for those 5.0ghz+ ocs.

You would have to look it up but I know there’s a really cool auto overclocking tool for AMD someone made for free (combines with AMD provided ryzen master oc tool). Due to the 7nm die size and lower tdp those tend to generate less heat and require less power on a per core average.

Gone are the days of the 50% ocing like the q6600 g0 were.

The 9700k is a good oc’er but you have to have cooling to match as the temps get pretty high. Most of todays chips are pretty maxed out already for what standard cooling can handle, you gotta start looking at water cooling to handle the high heat of substantial voltages for those 5.0ghz+ ocs.

You would have to look it up but I know there’s a really cool auto overclocking tool for AMD someone made for free (combines with AMD provided ryzen master oc tool). Due to the 7nm die size and lower tdp those tend to generate less heat and require less power on a per core average.
Yes! The g0! That chip was amazing! I do have a Arctic Freezer 120 for my 9700K.. so I think it’s decent enough for OCing. I never upgraded to something bigger yet.

I’ll have to checkout that overclocking tool. My husband doesn’t really care to OC, but I always loved it and would definitely like to try to OC whatever he gets next!

The 120 should offer decent results, I have the 360 for my 9900k, after delidding it with a copper top it keeps my 5.0ghz oc under 70c when benchmarking, sub 60c gaming.

The 120 should offer decent results, I have the 360 for my 9900k, after delidding it with a copper top it keeps my 5.0ghz oc under 70c when benchmarking, sub 60c gaming.
I'm curious, I just realized the 3700x is a lot cheaper than the 3800x and seem to be around the same in performance, is that right? I'm thinking he should just go for the 3700x for $399CAD right now. Would there be much of a difference in actually spending the money on getting a 3800x instead?

If its on sale the 3700x is awesome too, the difference is the 3700x is a 65w tdp chip and the 3800x is a 95w.
Based off the binning data the 3800x has better silicone but if you aren't planning on OC'ing it wont matter much the boost clocks are only like 3% slower than the 3800x (on top of using less power and generating less heat).
If you can save $50+ vs the 3800x it'd likely be worth it.

If its on sale the 3700x is awesome too, the difference is the 3700x is a 65w tdp chip and the 3800x is a 95w.
Based off the binning data the 3800x has better silicone but if you aren't planning on OC'ing it wont matter much the boost clocks are only like 3% slower than the 3800x (on top of using less power and generating less heat).
If you can save $50+ vs the 3800x it'd likely be worth it.
Yeah that definitely sounds like a good idea haha. Then he can go with a better motherboard, and hopefully RAM :) I'm trying to decide on RAM now. I've heard Ryzen really shines when paired with faster RAM, but I'm not sure what constitutes as better than average speed. Is 3200 pretty standard now? Fast enough for the 3700x? I literally have almost zero knowledge of AMD haha.

Err... actually, we are going to go with the 3800x afterall because for some bizarre reason, Newegg is charging $20 shipping on the 3700x and free shipping for the 3800x. So... the price difference is actually not as much afterall lol.

Thinking about going with this https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232091 because it's cheap enough I can buy it for him for Christmas haha.

Last edited:
3200 is pretty standard but 3600 and 4000 are becoming more common as prices have dropped.
I would recommend deciding on a motherboard first and then choose the ram you're purchasing from the QVL list from the motherboard.
While most ram 'should' work, to ensure you get the timings you pay for I try to buy off the approved vendor list for Ryzen, Intel is much more forgiving in that aspect.
That said Ryzen has gotten much better in the 3000 and now 5000 series for compatibility though.

You guys have some crappy options because of the +8 or +20 shipping :(, I would normally recommend a really tight timed 3200 kit or a CL16 3600, but they aren't priced very reasonably.
The kit you listed is great overall though if it'll work for your board.

I discovered this: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-4k60pro it may be a cheap way of achieving the goal
If we had a second complete setup, going with a capture card would definitely be the best option. But we are lacking a ton of parts we need for that haha.
3200 is pretty standard but 3600 and 4000 are becoming more common as prices have dropped.
I would recommend deciding on a motherboard first and then choose the ram you're purchasing from the QVL list from the motherboard.
While most ram 'should' work, to ensure you get the timings you pay for I try to buy off the approved vendor list for Ryzen, Intel is much more forgiving in that aspect.
That said Ryzen has gotten much better in the 3000 and now 5000 series for compatibility though.

You guys have some crappy options because of the +8 or +20 shipping :(, I would normally recommend a really tight timed 3200 kit or a CL16 3600, but they aren't priced very reasonably.
The kit you listed is great overall though if it'll work for your board.
Hmm I’m having a hard time choosing a motherboard. I see the cheaper MSI option but it looks like it’s had a ton of reviews complaining about issues ugh. These motherboards are super expensive! It depresses me because back home on Long Island I live in between two Microcenters. I added a 3700x, 32gb of ram and a decent motherboard to my cart... a little over $600USD after taxes. Insane. The 3800x cost $531CAD alone. My heart hurts. The difference between the NY sales tax of 8.8% and the 13% tax rate here, conversion rate, and general higher prices of things really sucks.

We generally buy new parts only when going to visit NY... but damn covid.

I am really really hoping that stock cooler will handle the heat of the 3800x well enough. He has a Hyper 212 for his 7600k right now but I don’t believe it will fit for the newer Ryzens?

5D321584-C117-4543-B086-04D18F187A48.jpeg

This should help, it is a VRM capability list, I would go with anything in the upper middle tier, or top tier

re the hyper 212, I think it is ryzen compatible but you may need a kit

^ Personally I still recommend the X570 for the future expand/compatibility over the B550 (it tends to last 1 generation longer than the B series)
That said they're also a good bit cheaper than the X570 series boards.

Yeah the US is def the way to go for parts purchasing vs canada so you can avoid the vat tax and such.

If you have the mount for it the hyper 212 has AM4 mount options I have it installed on my wife's 3600 machine it just doesn't use the same bracket as intel (it uses the straight bars instead of the u/v shaped), the stock cooler handles it fine but don't expect to OC much if any without it getting uncomfortably hot.

If you know someone in the US you trust, they might be able to buy it from microcenter and ship it to ya as a secondary option too.

^ Personally I still recommend the X570 for the future expand/compatibility over the B550 (it tends to last 1 generation longer than the B series)
That said they're also a good bit cheaper than the X570 series boards.

Yeah the US is def the way to go for parts purchasing vs canada so you can avoid the vat tax and such.

If you have the mount for it the hyper 212 has AM4 mount options I have it installed on my wife's 3600 machine it just doesn't use the same bracket as intel (it uses the straight bars instead of the u/v shaped), the stock cooler handles it fine but don't expect to OC much if any without it getting uncomfortably hot.

If you know someone in the US you trust, they might be able to buy it from microcenter and ship it to ya as a secondary option too.
I thought about shipping too... but customs would force us to pay the sales tax :( Sad times with the border closed! We definitely want to go with an x570 but man I am having a hard time picking one out... why does it feel like there’s so many reviews of so many issues with all of them? Then again, I’m pretty sure I recall the same reviews on every motherboard I’ve ever bought but never had any issues myself haha.

Same with the RAM. I kinda want to see if we can afford 16GB of some 3600... but I still don’t understand which CL we’d want. And still don’t know what motherboard so... it’s overwhelming!

Wait, are the B450 Max and B550 Max boards eventually able to support Zen 3?! I didn’t think they were..l but if I’m reading correctly, the Max boards can with a bios flash eventually?!

Last edited:
I thought about shipping too... but customs would force us to pay the sales tax :( Sad times with the border closed! We definitely want to go with an x570 but man I am having a hard time picking one out... why does it feel like there’s so many reviews of so many issues with all of them? Then again, I’m pretty sure I recall the same reviews on every motherboard I’ve ever bought but never had any issues myself haha.

Same with the RAM. I kinda want to see if we can afford 16GB of some 3600... but I still don’t understand which CL we’d want. And still don’t know what motherboard so... it’s overwhelming!
Without knowing your case and what inputs you might need this is pre-emptively the board I would select for myself: https://www.newegg.ca/gigabyte-x570-ud/p/N82E16813145168?Item=N82E16813145168
The shipping on it sucks (almost all of them do), but I've always had positive experiences with the gigabyte UD line.

From a part numbers matching point of view this is the kit I would recommend for that board: https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232881
That said based off the testing they did the kit F4-3600C16Q-64GVKC is compatible which means this one 'should' also be since it's the dual version of the direct tested quad kit: https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232907
I would bet 95%+ likely hood it would work with it fine, the same goes for the ram you listed previously F4-3200C16Q-32GVK is the directly approved model and yours is the D (dual version vs Q for Quad) https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232091.

Ram is best to aim as low as possible on the CL, for the 3200/3600 speeds CL16 is generally the best bang for buck.

Wait, are the B450 Max and B550 Max boards eventually able to support Zen 3?! I didn’t think they were..l but if I’m reading correctly, the Max boards can with a bios flash eventually?!

Yes, the B450 and X470 support Zen3 with a bios release in Q1 of next year, B550 already support them
I recommend the 550/570 for futureproofing of zen4 and such:

1606706204533.png

Without knowing your case and what inputs you might need this is pre-emptively the board I would select for myself: https://www.newegg.ca/gigabyte-x570-ud/p/N82E16813145168?Item=N82E16813145168
The shipping on it sucks (almost all of them do), but I've always had positive experiences with the gigabyte UD line.

From a part numbers matching point of view this is the kit I would recommend for that board: https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232881
That said based off the testing they did the kit F4-3600C16Q-64GVKC is compatible which means this one 'should' also be since it's the dual version of the direct tested quad kit: https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232907
I would bet 95%+ likely hood it would work with it fine, the same goes for the ram you listed previously F4-3200C16Q-32GVK is the directly approved model and yours is the D (dual version vs Q for Quad) https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232091.

Ram is best to aim as low as possible on the CL, for the 3200/3600 speeds CL16 is generally the best bang for buck.

Yes, the B450 and X470 support Zen3 with a bios release in Q1 of next year, B550 already support them
I recommend the 550/570 for futureproofing of zen4 and such:

View attachment 304228
Ohh I was looking at the Gigabyte mobos. I always instinctively go towards MSI only because that’s what I used for my Q6600, 4690K and now my 9700K haha. I was looking at this one possibly https://www.newegg.ca/msi-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi/p/N82E16813144261
I also picked out an MSI for his current 7600K build as well. I’m so used to their BIOS’s now, it makes it so much easier haha. I did not have this hard of a time picking out my own Intel parts.

Thats not a bad option for a board either and has decent reviews if you prefer MSI, I did a B550 build for my boss recently with the tomahawk model (I personally am not a fan of MSI's business/marketing practices so I don't buy them).
The F4-3600C16D-16GVK kit is on the MSI's QVL list thats actually the same kit I'm buying for myself, its not the best price wise especially since you only get 2x8gb instead of the 2x 16gb: https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232195.
But it has some of the tightest 1-1-1 timings for the cost (and you could always pickup a second kit to get 32gb later).

Thats not a bad option for a board either and has decent reviews if you prefer MSI, I did a B550 build for my boss recently with the tomahawk model (I personally am not a fan of MSI's business/marketing practices so I don't buy them).
The F4-3600C16D-16GVK kit is on the MSI's QVL list thats actually the same kit I'm buying for myself, its not the best price wise especially since you only get 2x8gb instead of the 2x 16gb: https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232195.
But it has some of the tightest 1-1-1 timings for the cost (and you could always pickup a second kit to get 32gb later).
Ohhh dear.. okay I think I am going with that motherboard and that RAM for the extra cost haha. It ships from Canada so the shipping is actually less anyway...
There! I did it! I bought it all, finally haha. Thank you so much for all the help! I’m super excited and it’s not even my computer haha. At least whenever I pick out a new build for him, it’s where he can upgrade on the same socket for years to come. Every time I build a PC for myself... it’s at the sockets end of life. Every time! At least my 9700K will hopefully suffice for a few years more. Especially when I can finally upgrade my 1080 lol.

Ohhh dear.. okay I think I am going with that motherboard and that RAM for the extra cost haha. It ships from Canada so the shipping is actually less anyway...
There! I did it! I bought it all, finally haha. Thank you so much for all the help! I’m super excited and it’s not even my computer haha. At least whenever I pick out a new build for him, it’s where he can upgrade on the same socket for years to come. Every time I build a PC for myself... it’s at the sockets end of life. Every time! At least my 9700K will hopefully suffice for a few years more. Especially when I can finally upgrade my 1080 lol.
So random question, do you need a hyper 212 coolermaster AMD bracket still?

So random question, do you need a hyper 212 coolermaster AMD bracket still?
Yeah we don’t have that anywhere I don’t think. I believe it came with a bracket, but I think you need to get an updated one for the newer gens anyway? At this point I’m hoping the stock cooler will be suffice. I was looking at some of the good air coolers it there, he prefers those over AIOs for some reason lol, and holy crap they’re expensive.

By the time we get the parts delivered from Newegg Canada, the next gen of parts will be out already anyway haha. Between covid and the sales lately.. it seems incredibly slow.

Yeah we don’t have that anywhere I don’t think. I believe it came with a bracket, but I think you need to get an updated one for the newer gens anyway? At this point I’m hoping the stock cooler will be suffice. I was looking at some of the good air coolers it there, he prefers those over AIOs for some reason lol, and holy crap they’re expensive.

By the time we get the parts delivered from Newegg Canada, the next gen of parts will be out already anyway haha. Between covid and the sales lately.. it seems incredibly slow.
Well I ask because I think I have a spare set of the AMD brackets and clips for the 212, I can send you some pictures to see if you think it'd fit your mount.
It'd be a few dollars in shipping (I think) or whatever the going rate to Canada land is for a few ounces of weight.

Back