Upgrading my ITX PSU

hey guys i'm fairly new to this and been wanting to upgrade my PSU that came w my itx case

i have a raidmax Element ITX-101BPS

description says: Support full length ATX power supply or mini-ITX power supply

so am i able to use a regular ATX psu or should i still stick w a small form factor

really looking for more sata ports because i mainly use it as a hotswap storage center.

also new to this whole SFF thing. thanks for input and suggestions

Check out this link, the lower 3 builds are all using various ATX power supplies. Only thing I would do is measure your current one to check how much room you have.

sounds good. i was looking at either a sx650 or sx800 for my needs. i can also mod it just a tad also if i need to fit a bigger psu

i was talking about the silverstone series not seasonic.

i dont think seasonic made any matx/itx psu's as far as i know

what are your guys thoughts on the RM series?

i was talking about the silverstone series not seasonic.

i dont think seasonic made any matx/itx psu's as far as i know

what are your guys thoughts on the RM series?

They are decent, I think they are a bit pricey. I would look at the EVGA G3 line, nicest PSU I had was a 550 watt G3.

They are decent, I think they are a bit pricey. I would look at the EVGA G3 line, nicest PSU I had was a 550 watt G3.

i saw those an the SX series isnt bad the RM series floats around the same price but i'll check into it

That is not an actual thing...

There are short ATX PSUs that fit better into some SFF cases; and there are SFX & SFX-L PSUs...

i mean i was just using newegg as a reference for parts instead of PC picker. but you're right they are now classified as SXF or SFX-L

i'm looking for the sx600 or the sx800 because it as enough sata cable's. i'm mostly finding a PSU w enough sata ports and they usually come w 8 pin's and 6 pins for GPU's (using onboard for now) but mostly looking for a PSU w sata ports and i think the silverstone series covers it pretty well

Back