Unreal 2K4 for $29.99 at CC

....its been at 29.99 for the longest time dude.... its been like that everywhere....everyone REALLY wants the dvd ver tho.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 where have you seen it for 29.99? I'm just now getting a chance to upgrade my system, and I know when it first came out it was 29.99 but lately it's been $39.99.

so why does everyone want the dvd version? i compared the two briefly at some point and didnt see anything particularly special about it over the regular cd version......did i miss something?

Originally posted by Geshtar
so why does everyone want the dvd version? i compared the two briefly at some point and didnt see anything particularly special about it over the regular cd version......did i miss something?

1 DVD vs. 6 CDs. 'nuff said. :)

Originally posted by merlin704
1 DVD vs. 6 CDs. 'nuff said. :)

Not just that. The DVD SE (the one everyone was clamering for) included a free headset, a metal case, and a bonus DVD of tutorials for the level editor.

Originally posted by lorcani
Not just that. The DVD SE (the one everyone was clamering for) included a free headset, a metal case, and a bonus DVD of tutorials for the level editor.

The headset is a cheap piece of shit. I don't work for Epic, what the fuck I need to make maps for?:p

Originally posted by merlin704
The headset is a cheap piece of shit. I don't work for Epic, what the fuck I need to make maps for?:p

I wouldn't ever make the maps, either; not really my thing. However, it's a nice gesture for the price (same as the regular edition).

Also, you didn't find a fault in the metal case. :D

i just ordered it

im tired of playing the same onslaught map on the demo. 30 bucks and a 10 dollar MIR for ut2003 makes it 20 for me

i actually wanted the cd version, so i could back it up.... just in case...

Originally posted by fallsincluded
i actually wanted the cd version, so i could back it up.... just in case...

Why not just split a RAR of the image and burn it on a few CDs, and keep the back-ups in a safe place? Then, you could have the best of both worlds: convenience and security.

If you use a no DVD crack, you don't even need the disk with you, it never has to go into harms way. At my last lan party I was afraid for my SE DVD, thought someone would try to steal it or something. Next lan event it stays at home.

Originally posted by Dan UCF
If you use a no DVD crack, you don't even need the disk with you, it never has to go into harms way.

Even if you decide to go into that "gray area" of cracking the disk, it's still nice to be able to say that I can scratch the disk and never have a problem. I've had way too many close calls and frontal collisions to ever feel that every disk is 100% safe from scratches, dust, and corruption.

i suppose you could put all the cds on a dvd+- disc and use that to install, i know for 2k3 i'd put all the data from the cds in one folder and it would install mega fast.

Back