Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 $95 + FS

I sat on these for over 8 months from the same deal last year. Made close to $1000 on fleabay. It's the gift that keeps on giving (Amazon)!

Last edited:
I bought 2. Plan to keep 1 and either sell or give the other as a gift.

Yesss, just the deal I've been looking for! I just bought a pair.

I used to own a pair of these until they fell out of my hoodie pocket and got completely destroyed when I unknowingly stepped all over them... I was so mad at myself. I've been looking for a deal on these for months since that tragic day.

I am whole once again.

Seriously, sound quality on these are pretty effin terrific. Only issue I've had was the fit, but it's a minor trade off for awesome sounding earphones at this price.

Wow just got this from an email from Amazon being a prime member. I had no idea what they were but saw the huge price difference. $400 to $100 and went looking for reviews with people saying they are good for $400... Damn impulse buying fucckkk LoL

Whatever, if anything I could resell one for at least $200 or give it as a gift....

Hot freakin' deal. I missed out last year when Amazon had 'em for this price. Not this time thanks OP woo hoo!

In for 2. I got in last year on this deal for $99 and decided this time I'll get em for gifts.

Excellent, I bought 2.

I got 1 for $99 last time, and it was worthwhile. I figure I could use these as nice gifts.

Got a pair last year, love them to pieces (thankfully not literally). In for 2 this year, hope to make a profit off of them :) And yes, they are now backordered, with a ETA of after christmas.

I'm still not sure if I want to keep my set or sell them.

Amazing headphones. Got two last time. I have a couple Beyerdynamics, Sennheiser, Koss, and Grado headphones so not I'm just comparing them to 12 dollar earbuds.

better than the super.fi 5 pro's i got back in the day?

Yes, these were released after the 5's and I believe cost about twice as much when released. I think the 5's have two drivers and the TripleFi have 3.

In for two. After having used these for a year, I can say these are by a long stretch the best in-ear phones I've used. They even come close to my Denon D5000s in accuracy and sound stage.

The main drawback is the cord is ridiculously fragile -- if you buy these expect to shell out $25 every couple months for a new cable or getting a custom cable. Also, the plugs are really big and may be uncomfortable for some (they fit me perfectly, better than any other in-ears I've had, but I have very big ear canals).

For those wondering, the only difference between the 10vs and the 10vis is the vis come with an inline microphone (which you can buy for $25 from Ultimate/Logitech).

^^ I haven't had to get a new cable yet and I use them nearly daily. I got them last year around this time. I have the VIS model and use the mic all the time. I do the over/under wrap method, tie them with a velcro tag and store them in a camera case in my backpack.

That said - the cable does feel to be a weak link so I've bought 2 more sets :D

Here is a link to last years thread as reference: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1474804&highlight=triplefi

Edit: the comply tips are pretty awesome too. http://www.complyfoam.com/products/index.php?strProductName=Tx{48}500&strModelName=Triple.Fi-10{47}10vi

^^ I haven't had to get a new cable yet and I use them nearly daily. I got them last year around this time. I have the VIS model and use the mic all the time. I do the over/under wrap method, tie them with a velcro tag and store them in a camera case in my backpack.

That said - the cable does feel to be a weak link so I've bought 2 more sets :D

Here is a link to last years thread as reference: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1474804&highlight=triplefi

Edit: the comply tips are pretty awesome too. http://www.complyfoam.com/products/index.php?strProductName=Tx{48}500&strModelName=Triple.Fi-10{47}10vi

Huh, I'll have to try that velcro tag trick. I'm not rough by any means on them and have already been through three cables. Last round, I bought two extras since they go out of stock/are backordered often.

out of stock but you can still order.

I ordered the max - two pair to sell on ebay. looks like they consitently close over $200 a pair up to $300 a pair for new ones.

Should be an easy $100-$300 total profit to apply to something I'd rather have!

Thanks for the heads up OP.

My Sennheiser HD-535's, or Sony V700's are fine for normal headphone use.

Amazing deal for anyone looking for a pair. Been looking around for awhile since I had 2 Shures crap out on me.

Taken from Slickdeals

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019RBJOE/...RB5PGT5847DME1

Great deal, TEMPTING!!!! Check the reviews there, not badddd...... must..... resist....

I ordered the max - two pair to sell on ebay. looks like they consitently close over $200 a pair up to $300 a pair for new ones.

Yeah, out of stock but on the right side there it shows as $95 still.

Archaea, Did they give you the "estimated shipping date by email" yet like it says? What's the date? :confused:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Luxor,

no just an order confirmation e-mail. They said they would send a future e-mail with expected shipping and delivery date information --- that it was currently backordered. They said I could cancel at anytime. I just checked my CC and it wasn't charged. I doubt they charge till it ships. So no real loss for a backorder.

Don't worry all of the people buying these will drive the price down to $150 and below. Don't expect to get more than that for 4 months.

Anyone else feel the complies destroy the sq? They're super comfy, but mute vocals and boost the low end. I've done the flip mod, bought the Sony hybrid tips, but I'm still having fit issues...1 yr later. Before I get these molded, have any of u another suggestion?

Amp is not necessary. My Droid can power these very well. I use an Astro Mixamp with these and replacement cable with mic, and the mic works:

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/69/MixAmp/

Pretty sweet setup, can use it on 360, PC, and PS3

Looks good. How portable is that?
Hmm it is a hassle to have pull out my current e4c to make/pick-up a short phone call, especially when you have to take a good 10sec to put them in.However, i was looking into the ibasso d12 to drive dt 770 600ohms as well. Do you know how it compares or if this amp is worthwhile? (audio noob)

Hmm, anyone that bought a couple mind selling me a pair? I missed out on it :(

How are these in terms of bass response?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In 4 1 last night, should be here on Tuesday!! Should be a nice upgrade over my 700's which I think sound extremely good already.

Amazing headphones. Got two last time. I have a couple Beyerdynamics, Sennheiser, Koss, and Grado headphones so not I'm just comparing them to 12 dollar earbuds.

Yeah, the sound quality is by far the best out of all the earphones/IEM's I have... and I have collected a few over the years myself, including Sennheiser, Klipsch, Bose, Sony, Panasonic, etc...

A friend of mine performed a listening test between the TripleFi 10's and some others I have and he was blown away by the difference. This was coming from a guy who used to think that all earphones sound the same. He was especially surprised by the difference between these and the Bose IEM's since Bose is a known brand. The TripleFi 10's literally makes the Bose sound like 20 dollar earphones.

The only thing that sounds better are my full sized Ultrasone.

Back