Turn off Interpolation

richards25

n00b
I saw a good deal on a graphics card and I decided to upgrade. Now I have an ATI 9600XT with the latest drivers. I went through the settings that HisDivineShadow described and I found the "Scale image to panel size" option. I unchecked this setting, and I tried several non-native resolutions, but it is still being scaled/interpolated to fill the entire screen. I sent email to ATI support and they just responded with a canned email response. Any idea what it will take to get this to work correctly?

Originally posted by richards25
I saw a good deal on a graphics card and I decided to upgrade. Now I have an ATI 9600XT with the latest drivers. I went through the settings that HisDivineShadow described and I found the "Scale image to panel size" option. I unchecked this setting, and I tried several non-native resolutions, but it is still being scaled/interpolated to fill the entire screen. I sent email to ATI support and they just responded with a canned email response. Any idea what it will take to get this to work correctly?

Here is a post on Rage3d where someone from ATi responds to this issue:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33718901

Basically if you disable the option in the drivers but your image continues to scale your lcd is doing it by itself and you have to figure out how to disable that feature of your monitor.

I believe with Dell 2001fp there is a zoom function you can zoom in or out, I think zooming out when you are set to a lower resolution of the screen, shrinks the picture to native size and turns off interpolation. You did not say what monitor you had so can't help you with controls or even if it has that function. Running at non native resolutions on an LCD is one of the drawbacks of LCD. But there is no comparison to the the crisp picture when running at native resolution so I never do it. IMO:)

Back