Triple 32" 4K monitor with g-sync... and good value :)

KohPhiPhi

n00b
Hello everyone!

I am looking for a new triple 32 inch 4k monitor setup for my sim racing rig, and I could use some suggestions.

Here's what I am looking for:
  • 32 inch at 4k
  • Flat or curved, I am agnostic
  • As a RTX 4090 user, G-sync is obviously welcome.
  • Thin bezels as the 3 monitors will be stacked horizontally.
  • As mentioned, G-sync
  • 144 Hz refresh and under 8 ms lag
  • Finally... I am trying to hit the value sweet spot: I am not cheap, but I dont necessarily want to overspend by buying the top-end of the monitor spectrum. I really want to hit the 80/20 value-wise.
Any suggestions guys? Thanks!

There aren't many options at 32" 4K 144Hz due to the limited panels from AUO, Innolux, LG, Samsung

The high-tier:
AUO 2.6 IPS, 10bit high-gamut, 1152-zone high-contrast high-PWM miniLED backlight, VESA HDR 1400, G-sync:
ASUS PG32UQX, ViewSonic XG321UG

The mid-tier:
AUO 2.3 IPS, 10bit high-gamut, 32-zone low-contrast DC dimming backlight, VESA HDR 600, G-sync/G-sync compatible:
ASUS PG32UQ, MSI MPG321UR, BenQ EX3210U, ViewSonic XG32OU

Samsung fast VA, 8bit low-gamut, 1196-zone high-contrast hybrid low-PWM backlight, HDR 1000 (VDE 2000), G-sync compatible:
Neo G7/G8

LG R4 fast IPS, 8bit medium-gamut, 32-zone low-contrast hybrid low-PWM backlight, VESA HDR 1000, G-sync compatible:
32GQ950

The low-tier:
Innolux fast IPS, 8bit medium-gamut, 16-zone low-contrast DC dimming backlight, VESA HDR 400, G-sync compatible:
Gigabyte M32U

AUO 2.9 fast IPS, 8bit medium-gamut, 8-zone low-contrast DC dimming backlight, VESA HDR 600, G-sync compatible:
ASUS XG32UQ

It is interesting Cookie And Cars still uses 8-year-old Sony 55" Bravia X85C. The chair is more important.

You can wait for CES.

There aren't many options at 32" 4K 144Hz due to the limited panels from AUO, Innolux, LG, Samsung

The high-tier:
AUO 2.6 IPS, 10bit high-gamut, 1152-zone high-contrast high-PWM miniLED backlight, VESA HDR 1400, G-sync:
ASUS PG32UQX, ViewSonic XG321UG

The mid-tier:
AUO 2.3 IPS, 10bit high-gamut, 32-zone low-contrast DC dimming backlight, VESA HDR 600, G-sync/G-sync compatible:
ASUS PG32UQ, MSI MPG321UR, BenQ EX3210U, ViewSonic XG32OU

Samsung fast VA, 8bit low-gamut, 1196-zone high-contrast hybrid low-PWM backlight, HDR 1000 (VDE 2000), G-sync compatible:
Neo G7/G8

LG R4 fast IPS, 8bit medium-gamut, 32-zone low-contrast hybrid low-PWM backlight, VESA HDR 1000, G-sync compatible:
32GQ950

The low-tier:
Innolux fast IPS, 8bit medium-gamut, 16-zone low-contrast DC dimming backlight, VESA HDR 400, G-sync compatible:
Gigabyte M32U

AUO 2.9 fast IPS, 8bit medium-gamut, 8-zone low-contrast DC dimming backlight, VESA HDR 600, G-sync compatible:
ASUS XG32UQ

It is interesting Cookie And Cars still uses 8-year-old Sony 55" Bravia X85C. The chair is more important.

You can wait for CES.

Regarding high-tier PG32uqx/XG321UG panel I thought these panels were DC dimming. It is mean they are fast frequency PWM? On TFTcentral review of this panel they show it is DC Dimming on voltage graph? I ask because I am recently getting dizziness looking at monitor too closely.

Regarding high-tier PG32uqx/XG321UG panel I thought these panels were DC dimming. It is mean they are fast frequency PWM? On TFTcentral review of this panel they show it is DC Dimming on voltage graph? I ask because I am recently getting dizziness looking at monitor too closely.
These two can still use high frequency PWM. The photosensor and oscilloscope used by reviewers usually have the sampling rate set at 100kS/s. If the PWM frequency is over 100KHz then it can go undetected especially if it is a hybrid dimming where the monitor uses both DC and PWM at different brightness.

But at that frequency it is close to DC dimming. When I compare 27" PG27UQ with the 32" at the same brightness, I also find the 32" is a bit harder to the eyes when I need to focus on a certain object. But it is more like the larger screen simply output more light. The eyes is also easier to have motion sickness to track an object on a larger screen.

Sample Rate vs PWM.png

These two can still use high frequency PWM. The photosensor and oscilloscope used by reviewers usually have the sampling rate set at 100kS/s. If the PWM frequency is over 100KHz then it can go undetected especially if it is a hybrid dimming where the monitor uses both DC and PWM at different brightness.

But at that frequency it is close to DC dimming. When I compare 27" PG27UQ with the 32" at the same brightness, I also find the 32" is a bit harder to the eyes when I need to focus on a certain object. But it is more like the larger screen simply output more light. The eyes is also easier to have motion sickness to track an object on a larger screen.

View attachment 550174
Thank you . Yes I agree it is likely not the flicker but the large screen size and sitting close and the brightness. Thanks for explanation.

Back