Trident Z 4000mhz CL15

I just bought some 2x16 4000Mhz CL17 to replace a 2x8 CL19 kit - have not put it in yet but it wasn't cheap... I can't imagine what CL15 would go for.

Yes it will be a high bin of Samsung b die.
Non b die would be something like 4000 16-20-20

You could save some cash with a 3200c14 kit and probably hit about 4000 16-17-17 with the same v.
Hopefully my 5800X will arrive tomorrow and I can find out what my 4x8GB 3200c14 kits can really do.

Reactions: Pasic
like this
Last I checked the chips were still in production.
Samsung just stopped sticking b die chips on there OEM kits about a year ago which is why a lot of people thought they stopped production.

Also worth mentioning that if you just run XMP depending on how good your MB BIOS is at setting sub timings the 4000c15 kit may not perform much better as a lot of MB tend to relax sub timings way to much as speed increase and there is a good chance you will need for force 1:1:1 at that speed asuming you can get it stable.

like this
Ive cancelled the preorder... According to QVL that model so far is only compatible intel.

Trying to find something decent that can be purchased in AU.

They seem to be making some ryzen 5000 compatible stuff also noticed no kits of 4 😒

" New AMD Ryzen 5000 processors. Featuring ultra-high speeds of up to DDR4-4000 CL16-19-19-39 32GB (16GBx2), extreme low latency at DDR4-3800 CL14-16-16-36 32GB (16GBx2), and high-capacity kit at DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42 64GB (32GBx2), these memory kits are the perfect choice for PC enthusiasts and gamers looking to push memory bandwidth to the extreme limits on the new AMD Ryzen 5000 processors. "

https://www.gskill.com/community?cls=1502239313&id=1604585385

Ive cancelled the preorder... According to QVL that model so far is only compatible intel.
Just not tested on the Ryzen platform it should work fine but if it doesn't G.Skill probably wont let you send it back.
It would just be a matter of manually changing settings as is the case with most things when your pushing the limits of overclocking.

Just not tested on the Ryzen platform it should work fine but if it doesn't G.Skill probably wont let you send it back.
It would just be a matter of manually changing settings as is the case with most things when your pushing the limits of overclocking.
Ah got it, thanks!
Its been years since i have overclocked and ive kind of lost intrest. Its just not the same as it used to be back in the day.
I just wouldnt mind sticking something in thats just works and does better than most others.

A lot of people are having trouble running over 3800 at this stage so if you just want something that works look for a 3600c14 kit which may be ~1-5% faster than ~3200c16 without tweaking subs.
Future BIOS updates may improve the odds of 4000 working but it could still come down to how lucky you got with your CPU.

like this
A lot of people are having trouble running over 3800 at this stage so if you just want something that works look for a 3600c14 kit which may be ~1-5% faster than ~3200c16 without tweaking subs.
Future BIOS updates may improve the odds of 4000 working but it could still come down to how lucky you got with your CPU.
Thanks for the heads up.

I might get two dual kits of Trident, seems like bit better than corsair for little more. Yikes 700$ au for 3600mhz 😐

Ill see how i go, ill wait for 6900xt or AIB 6800xt if i can pick one of those up ill commit to rest of ryzen build.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-091201_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20201109-091201_Opera.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the heads up.

I might get two dual kits of Trident, seems like bit better than corsair for little more. Yikes 700$ au for 3600mhz 😐

Ill see how i go, ill wait for 6900xt or AIB 6800xt if i can pick one of those up ill commit to rest of ryzen build.

Ah, a fellow Australian. I too shop at PCCG.

like this
Orderd my 5800X from Scorptech ;) but my last few RAM kits I imported as for some reason it is just a lot cheaper than buying in AU at least for high speed and high capacity kits.

Actually i shop at PLE as im in WA, only time i go PCCG if i cant find in WA. Its stupid that we still have to pay shipping for item that weights 20g and costs 700$.

What is a good place to get memory outside AU? Amazon? I've read all bad stuff about newegg for us aussies.

I found interesting comment on YT by Mirsad Redzovic (gamers nexus: 4vs 2 sticks )about using 4 sticks of single ranked memory. But 1300$..... EDIT": it ran out of stock as i writing this lol

1604904395334.png

Newegg has been where I have gone and it has always been fine but I suspect the trouble could come if something needs to go back.

I think 4 single rank and two dual rank will perform the same.
The performance gains have alwayse been there but the GN tests seem to suggest they will be larger with Ryzen 5000 than past CPU.

Back