TP link CPE710 or the like proper setup

codename47

Gawd
I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend how to optimize and get the most out of the following set up using the CPE710. I have a server in a barn about 600ft away with clear line of site. I saw that the CPE710 can do about 800MB/s so I purchased one. Now I want to optimize this connection and share the server across my network at my house in the most efficient manner (less cost the better) while trying to keep a wireless access at the barn and have high throughput data transfers. Do I need another CPE710 at the barn so the two can connect as a point to point in order to get the max speed. If that is the case then should I set the CPE710 up as an AP, client point to point, bridge? Should the CPE710 at the barn go to a router there or just to a switch to extend the network and then add sepaprate APs like the outdoor AC1200?

Any ideas or equipment connection advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend how to optimize and get the most out of the following set up using the CPE710. I have a server in a barn about 600ft away with clear line of site. I saw that the CPE710 can do about 800MB/s so I purchased one. Now I want to optimize this connection and share the server across my network at my house in the most efficient manner (less cost the better) while trying to keep a wireless access at the barn and have high throughput data transfers. Do I need another CPE710 at the barn so the two can connect as a point to point in order to get the max speed. If that is the case then should I set the CPE710 up as an AP, client point to point, bridge? Should the CPE710 at the barn go to a router there or just to a switch to extend the network and then add separate APs like the outdoor AC1200?

Any ideas or equipment connection advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
The answer to my question is that yes another CPE710 needed to be set up and TP-Link was pretty awesome in their customer service question. They even had a drawing schematic of the setup with a barn! You basically set up an AP and client relationship between the two units. The software built into the control of the units even has an alignment tool for signal strength. I'm zipping files back and forth with steady internet connection and server access on the same network. I also added another AP down at the barn from the switch that is connected to the CPE710 which worked great to build in the infrastructure for the horses and barn critters :)

Back